Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

NDEs, shamanism, and private revelation in the Catholic tradition

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• News Writer
  • 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:37 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: sxc.hu</strong>
Image credit: sxc.hu
Mark Dohle: All through out history, our species has experienced breakthroughs from what we call the spiritual world.  Shamanism is a prime example of this, and all around the world, from time immemorial, this type of spirituality (or relationship), with a wider world beyond the senses, has been lived out.  In fact shamanism is going strong all over the world to this day, even in first world countries.

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen

El Lobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 06:34 AM

Good ol' Mark Dohle...

Life is too short to waste on responsibilities. :)

#3    dougeaton

dougeaton

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

• I am an agnostic, don't like atheist much, well some of them, they can be worse than any die in the wool believer.

Posted 27 April 2012 - 03:41 PM

Actually this is very good, suprised not  more comments.

doug

If you must have  finale absolute answers, then become an  hard nosed atheist or a fundie of any religion, both seem to be black and white thinkers, and have only contempt for those who think differently.

#4    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,871 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:31 PM

Having been in an induced coma for about a month, I had a NDE, or at least a modified version.

What I took away from the experience is that whatever level we go next, it's not bad at all.

#5    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,441 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:59 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 30 April 2012 - 07:31 PM, said:

Having been in an induced coma for about a month, I had a NDE, or at least a modified version.

What I took away from the experience is that whatever level we go next, it's not bad at all.

Have you wrote about it?

peace
mark

#6    Babe Ruth

Babe Ruth

Non-Corporeal Being

• 7,871 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:04 PM

No, I haven't written about it, but I have discussed it with many friends and family.

#7    jugoso

jugoso

One Love

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,548 posts

• "Freedom is free of the need to feel free. Free your mind and you ass will follow. The kingdom of heaven is within"
    G.Clinton

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:34 PM

An excellent read. Thanks Mark. It´s kinda neat as I have been thinking about private vs. public revelation and Catholocism. To me, the Catholic church seems to act like a wedge or a barrier between someone´s interpretation as to there sense of spirituality. They define evrything for you and also provide a rulebook to follow if you want to enter the "kingdom". What happens when public revelation and personal revelation contradict one another?

"Freedom is free of the need to feel free.
Free your mind and you ass will follow.
The kingdom of heaven is within"
G.Clinton

#8    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,441 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:21 PM

View PostBabe Ruth, on 21 May 2012 - 06:04 PM, said:

No, I haven't written about it, but I have discussed it with many friends and family.

If you ever write about it please send me a copy by PM here on unexpained.

peace
mark

#9    markdohle

markdohle

Alien Abducter

• 4,441 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:23 PM

View Postjugoso, on 21 May 2012 - 06:34 PM, said:

An excellent read. Thanks Mark. It´s kinda neat as I have been thinking about private vs. public revelation and Catholocism. To me, the Catholic church seems to act like a wedge or a barrier between someone´s interpretation as to there sense of spirituality. They define evrything for you and also provide a rulebook to follow if you want to enter the "kingdom". What happens when public revelation and personal revelation contradict one another?

Often times an intergration is needed.  Each catholic is unique, the belief that we believe the same is false and frankly impossible.  I think some of the warnings the chruch gives can actually be helpful, but it can become a problem when others use the church to beat others over the head.  People can be lead, but not herded, a wast of time.  I think people do think for themselves, though many are afraod to admit it.

Peace
mark

Edited by markdohle, 24 May 2012 - 11:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users