Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Too much evil in this world

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:26 PM

Today was just one of those days where I look around me and feel almost trapped.
The evil that walk among us terrifies me, angers me beyond words.
My nation today, received the title of "rape capital of the world".
I read everyday of senseless murders, rapes and violent crime - that is the usual in our newspapers and somehow (i suppose to keep your sanity), you become numb to it all.

But today, it's headlines everywhere of a young girl of 17 that was brutally gang raped and left for dead.  Not only was she violated, but her insides were torn from her body.  Somehow, she managed to survive long enough to name one of the rapists which was her ex-boyfriend.
Today, on most of our radio stations, they had a beep sound every 4 minutes to interrupt the show as to make all aware that a reported rape takes place every 4 minutes in South Africa.  That is the reported ones - but it is believed that it's more likely close to a rape taking place every 17 seconds.

I cry for a girl I did not know, and I weep for her family that now somehow must deal with something so horrific.

In another incident, a woman was hacked and her throat slit during an armed robbery.  The poor husband found her body..
So senseless, so brutal...

I wish with all my heart that I could remove all this evil.  How must one deal with this and live with the knowledge that this evil is walking among us, planning it's next move.
I do not understand why this is allowed to happen.  Why this girl was not protected.  Where is God when all this madness takes place.
I no longer care for my country and I am among thousands that would love to leave this place for good.
Hundreds of thousands have already left-they are the lucky ones.

Hatred towards these savages consumes me, bitters me, leaves me helpless and hopeless.

:tsu:

#2    Sean93

Sean93

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

• WRATH

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Violence takes place all over the animal kingdom, we're really the only ones who make a big deal out of something that natural. It's to be accepted because it'll never stop until we're all dead. Fish gotta' swim, bird gotta' fly.

"Regarding life, the wisest men of all ages have judged it alike: It is worthless."

"Be peaceful, be courteous, respect everyone; but if someone puts his hand on you, send him to the cemetery."

#3    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I guess it's a bad place to be and the sooner we get off it the better.

#4    K_Bonita

K_Bonita

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

• For every dark night,there's a brighter day.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:56 PM

It really is hell on earth.

“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then. ”

#5    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

There is far more good stuff around then evil. We just focus on the bad

Just like how we can get 3 compliments and 1 insult in a day and we will remember/focus on the insult far more then the compliments.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#6    Mikko-kun

Mikko-kun

Coarse singer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,396 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

There's many type of violence. They're all the same in that they leave an empty feeling inside you, but this is the worst of them. Kindness and violence dont shut each other out, we do.

Words... I'm a life artist. That's enough.
It all starts from awareness and presense.

#7    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:16 PM

View Postspartan max2, on 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Hey man, get into the spirit of the thread!  Things are just terrible.

#8    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,745 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:18 PM

This more than likely isn't much solace, but consider this...we are unique among the animal kingdom in that we are aware of our mortality.  We are the only creatures that we know of that is aware that we will one day die.

As far as the evil that mean do....there was a time that we humans thought that bears and wolves... lions and tigers were evil....they took our loved ones and caused us pain...so they must be evil.  the truth is...they are NOT evil...they are just animals being animals in the circle of life.

The difference is, we of the human species have the capacity to choose NOT to do these things.  Instead of killing another human, we have the choice to cross the road and move along.  it is an odd situation...but make no mistakes about it...we have this animal/primal drive embedded within us.  The choice is do we decide to be the animal or to rise to our higher capacity and possibility.

Evil, for the simplest explanation I can think of, is that which causes another physical or emotional harm.  No other animal that we are aware of makes these types of judgement calls.  To an antelope, if it's mate gets eaten by a lion...it is just life.

This is kinda off topic, but the beginning describes something unusual about us humans...it is how other "humans" are able to control us and "farm us" for their own desires...check it out...there is some profound ideas in here...It shows on one hand we have an oddly unique perception of the world, nature and everything around us...

Enjoy...

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

#9    Dan'O

Dan'O

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 654 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

I say start sterilizing violent people. 3x violent felonies and you are sterilized. Get them out of the gene pool.

#10    spartan max2

spartan max2

Poltergeist

• 2,143 posts

• There's nothing so absurd that if you repeat it often enough

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:26 PM

View PostFrank Merton, on 08 February 2013 - 04:16 PM, said:

Hey man, get into the spirit of the thread!  Things are just terrible.
oh sorry, i ment to say

We are all horrible people on this horrible planet. life sucks

Edited by spartan max2, 08 February 2013 - 05:26 PM.

" I imagine that the intellegent people are the ones so intellegent that they dont even need or want to look "intellegent" anymore".
Criss Jami

#11    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:18 AM

View Postspartan max2, on 08 February 2013 - 04:15 PM, said:

Just like how we can get 3 compliments and 1 insult in a day and we will remember/focus on the insult far more then the compliments.

I agree with you, it is sometimes the case that we just focus on the bad.  I normally do try and focus on the good - the kindness, goodness and beauty in this world.
But as I said, every now and then things do get to you.  I would not be human if another's pain does not cause some emotion inside of me.

#12    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 12,544 posts

• I dunno --

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

I sometimes refuse to read about the horrible things of the world, especially if they have no pertinence to me.  This seems selfish but it is also a way to keep up one's spirits -- by not being aware of things you can do nothing about except feel guilty.

I think we all have an illusion that we have more power in the world than we really do.

#13    Catz

Catz

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:36 AM

View PostFrank Merton, on 09 February 2013 - 05:26 AM, said:

I sometimes refuse to read about the horrible things of the world, especially if they have no pertinence to me.  This seems selfish but it is also a way to keep up one's spirits -- by not being aware of things you can do nothing about except feel guilty.

I think we all have an illusion that we have more power in the world than we really do.
Because violent crime is such a problem here, I also made a decision a while ago not to read about the terrible things or watch the daily news.  And yes, this helps alot.  At least then, you can pretend that everything is just fine and you can rather focus on the good.  But yesterday, this incident was headlines everywhere - people were so upset about it-talking about it.  I just felt an overwhelming sadness for this poor girl and her family.

#14    AsteroidX

AsteroidX

Government Agent

• 3,570 posts

• it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:47 AM

It doesnt seem ignoring will make it stop or go away. I understand that sentiment and there's days I must take off for my sanity. But I will never stop trying to make this world a better place. I have a child and I think of him and his future and when I feel weak I gain strength that I am itleast trying to do my part.

#15    Jinxdom

Jinxdom

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

• Education...has produced a vast population able to read but unable to distinguish what is worth reading.
    -- G.M. Trevelyan

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:59 AM

I think that line from Boondock Saints covers it quite well

" "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users