Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Israel Shoots Down Drone Over Negev

and-then

Came from the west in the direction of the sea apparently.

I didn't think Hizbullah was responsible but some of the other Israeli news reports say they probably are. I assumed it came from the Sinai....

I didn't think Hizbullah was responsible but some of the other Israeli news reports say they probably are. I assumed it came from the Sinai....

Assumptions are dangerous, bud. Especially with the world being wound so tight right now.

Assumptions are dangerous, bud. Especially with the world being wound so tight right now.

Agreed... Lucky for Israel they've got somebody other than me calling the shots! :w00t:
  • Like 1

I really wouldn't be surprised if this had some Iranian involvement behind it.

• Like 1

I really wouldn't be surprised if this had some Iranian involvement behind it.

Some of the Israeli news sites agree. I think it was impressive that the drone could have been launched from Lebanon, fly for miles over the Mediterranean and then be piloted remotely over southern Israel. No amateurs doing that kind of work.

Hezbollah did it before they could of done it again. Iran could of been involved too.

on related news:

Iranian media: Drone infiltration exposes Israeli weakness

Tehran officials yet to comment on infiltration of drone to Israeli airspace but local media use incident to mock Israel; say it shows Iron Dome's ineffectiveness

Jeering tone: Reporting of the infiltration of a drone into Israeli airspace, Iranian news websites on Sunday quoted Israeli reports suggesting the unmanned aircraft may have been sent by Hezbollah with Iran's help.

The reports said that the infiltration indicates a failure in Israel's air defenses. Tehran officials have yet to comment on the incident.

Read more

The times they are a changing...

The bottom line so far is that we just don't know who or where the drone came from. I would think that this is just one incident that would support seeing Israel making a first strike. It must be the Rothchilds trying to start another war. But I suspect that the IDF may start looking for Iranian subs in the Med.

• Like 1

The bottom line so far is that we just don't know who or where the drone came from. I would think that this is just one incident that would support seeing Israel making a first strike. It must be the Rothchilds trying to start another war. But I suspect that the IDF may start looking for Iranian subs in the Med.

A drone may need a runway or a landing pad, so my guess a ship of some sort

I would think that this is just one incident that would support seeing Israel making a first strike.

How do you figure that?

Hizbullah is continuing to test and probe. It IS troubling that the Israelis allowed the penetration but I believe them when they explain why they took so long before downing it. If a miscalculation is made and they start shooting it's really going to be a mess. On the other hand, the rats have mostly remained in their holes since 2006 so they may still remember what the IAF is capable of....

How do you figure that?

I didn't know we needed to go into military strategy 101... If that drone came from an Iranian sub somewhere in the Med then that sub has committed an act of war. Now Israel can do nothing or if it finds that sub, sink it and any Iranian sub in the Med would be a legitimate target. But that (those) crew(s) are probably volunteers expecting to become martyrs. I think it was just one sub and it B-lined it to the Suez after it launched the drone.

I know very little of drone capabilities but the reports suggest that it was launched from southern Lebanon,flew south over the Med and then back east over Israel. That's just over 120 miles depending on the route. It seems like it would have been detected sooner. A sub in the Med would mean Egyptian complicity almost certainly.

I didn't know we needed to go into military strategy 101...

Just how many medals have you awarded yourself, Mr. Armchair General?

If that drone came from an Iranian sub somewhere in the Med then that sub has committed an act of war.

Do you really think that the US and Israel have not done the same thing to Iran? What about the US drone that was brought down over Iran a few months back? This is a fully natural and expected progression based on the circumstances. Lets not jump the gun, cry foul call Iran evil over this. It'd be hypocritical.

[/background][/size][/font][/color]

Do you really think that the US and Israel have not done the same thing to Iran? What about the US drone that was brought down over Iran a few months back? This is a fully natural and expected progression based on the circumstances. Lets not jump the gun, cry foul call Iran evil over this. It'd be hypocritical.

It would be childish to complain, I agree. And equally naive to assume Iran had no part in it at all. Hizbullah is one of their chief clients in the region and the source of all their weapons, training and technology. Just operating the drone might well have been Hizbullah personnel but almost certainly they were trained by the IRGC.
  • Like 1

It would be childish to complain, I agree. And equally naive to assume Iran had no part in it at all. Hizbullah is one of their chief clients in the region and the source of all their weapons, training and technology. Just operating the drone might well have been Hizbullah personnel but almost certainly they were trained by the IRGC.

The training is completely irrelevant, in my opinion. Training a country/organization to use a certain piece of equipment doesnt necessarily make you complicit in their future actions --- unless the training was done with the specific intent and knowledge of their planned actions. What I suspect happening here is more than a simple case of the IRGC training the guilty party. I think that Iran actively sought out another organization/country in the area to conduct the surveillance mission so that, if the drone is shot down, they can claim plausible deniability.

Having said that, I do not have any evidence of this currently.

OMG! A drone was flying in Israel?! That's even more dangerous than a kite.

No wonder Palestinian kids are banned from toys.

Hey let's smear poop on Egypt over this yawning koolaid non-story too. Oh wait, Israel has to bomb Palestinians before the US Presidential elections again, I nearly forgot.

OMG! A drone was flying in Israel?! That's even more dangerous than a kite.

No wonder Palestinian kids are banned from toys.

Hey let's smear poop on Egypt over this yawning koolaid non-story too. Oh wait, Israel has to bomb Palestinians before the US Presidential elections again, I nearly forgot.

Yam you're being a putz again. But yeah a drone is no big deal EXCEPT if someone had a canister of VX or Sarin attached to aerosolize over a target in a city. Then it's pretty bad news. And I said Egypt would be complicit if a sub was launching drones in the Mediterranean. Kinda hard to get a sub through the Suez canal on the down low...so to speak....

I know very little of drone capabilities but the reports suggest that it was launched from southern Lebanon,flew south over the Med and then back east over Israel. That's just over 120 miles depending on the route. It seems like it would have been detected sooner. A sub in the Med would mean Egyptian complicity almost certainly.

Ah, so if this is the latest info, then Hezbollah is asking for it again. Have they already rebuilt their infrastructure? Just in time for it to get demolished again. I think Iran is the only nation that could have supplied the drone. With the unrest in Syria what all could be transported to Hezbollah? And for the converse? What goes into Lebanon, something can come out? If it was a sub or even an Iranian merchantman, Egypt could be complicit. More than likely after the fact.

Ah, so if this is the latest info, then Hezbollah is asking for it again. Have they already rebuilt their infrastructure? Just in time for it to get demolished again. I think Iran is the only nation that could have supplied the drone. With the unrest in Syria what all could be transported to Hezbollah? And for the converse? What goes into Lebanon, something can come out? If it was a sub or even an Iranian merchantman, Egypt could be complicit. More than likely after the fact.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mirsad-1

At least I have some awareness of strategy and tactics.

Absolutely! That US drone is an act of war but Iran didn’t have the guts to pull the trigger. On the other hand, we really never had an adequate response to the 79 hostage crisis. It only needs a trigger. I agree, let’s not jump the gun. No need to call Iran evil.

Very true but I would have thought that this fleet was destroyed in 2007. But the bottom line is that Iran is supplying them. Whether one escaped destruction in 2007 or Hezbollah got resupplied under cover of the Syrian civil war who knows?? Perhaps studying the wreckage will help?

At least I have some awareness of strategy and tactics.

Oh you do, do you? And just how did you gain this awareness?