Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* - - - - 2 votes

Are Extraterrestrials Really Demons?

• Please log in to reply
442 replies to this topic

#46    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM

View PostDBunker, on 11 February 2013 - 05:04 PM, said:

Im glad you agree that neither exist..... but hey, lets talk.
Im just saying this is a discussion board, and if none of us talked about things that are fictitious in our minds very little would be being discussed

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#47    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Very true.

I guess Im just reminding people about that fact.... the fictitious part.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#48    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,300 posts

• Mysteries are tomorrow's histories.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:13 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 11 February 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Well if some aliens are demons, isn't it possible that some of them are also angelic? After all they are celestial beings in quite a literal sense.

I don't think that they're angels or demons. Some people believe that ancient cultures mistook took them for such. Other people claim that extraterrestrials mistakenly were worshipped as gods. They also theorize that they were behind folk tales about elves, fairies, goblins, etc..

There is one reality with billions of versions.

#49    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,300 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

View PostAmerix, on 11 February 2013 - 05:25 PM, said:

No they aren't (biblically speaking)

Tell that to the fundamentalists. I'd like to hear more about your views on this subject.

#50    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,300 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:21 AM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 11 February 2013 - 06:58 PM, said:

Im just saying this is a discussion board, and if none of us talked about things that are fictitious in our minds very little would be being discussed

There's no doubt about it. Hence my posts in the threads about black-eyed kids. As for this thread, I never saw a demon or an extraterrestrial, but I can't say that neither one exists. Unlike others, I'm not omniscient.

#51    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:22 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 11 February 2013 - 04:19 AM, said:

We disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion. I don't think that I've ever witnessed a demon or an extraterrestrial. However, I give the benefit of the doubt to some individuals who claim to have done so. I doubt that *all* of them are wrong.

So you feel that some people have seen ET and Demons, or that some people have seen Demons' and they were extraterrestrials?

Why do you feel volume is proportional with validity?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#52    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,300 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 February 2013 - 03:22 AM, said:

So you feel that some people have seen ET and Demons, or that some people have seen Demons' and they were extraterrestrials?

Why do you feel volume is proportional with validity?

I know and trust the witnesses. One man's face paled when we asked him about a certain event. You can't fake that. It had to do with an exorcism, but it may not be appropriate to share the details on a public forum.

As for extraterrestrials, many people, in many places and many times, describe the same beings. There's a consistency there, which we don't find in other stories. I can't reflexively discount all of their claims, especially since I've experienced strange events that would be mocked as woo-woo by hardened doubters. I don't think that demons are extraterrestrials BTW.

#53    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:48 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 12 February 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

I know and trust the witnesses. One man's face paled when we asked him about a certain event. You can't fake that. It had to do with an exorcism, but it may not be appropriate to share the details on a public forum.

Possibly not, I have no idea of the circumstances, but have absolutely zero faith in an afterlife or the religion thing. As I understand it, that would be the realm of demons. I'd have to see something mighty convincing to consider the supernatural. But as you say, this part of the forum is not the place for a religious discussion.

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 12 February 2013 - 03:30 AM, said:

As for extraterrestrials, many people, in many places and many times, describe the same beings. There's a consistency there, which we don't find in other stories. I can't reflexively discount all of their claims, especially since I've experienced strange events that would be mocked as woo-woo by hardened doubters. I don't think that demons are extraterrestrials BTW.

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered. I cannot understand how that translates to validity though, the plural of anecdote is not data. Those mocked as woo woo are likely to be deserving. I have recently come to the conclusion that people dealing with the ETH wear too many pairs of kid gloves at once. It is tiring, boring, and unproductive to pander to each and every tale and act is if they are all on the same level. They are not, in fact, believers come in two categories as far as I am concerned, the credulous and the academic. I am skeptical of the credulous ETH, but have much faith in the academic ETH, which will not be fond on woo woo sites, but at Universities, or similar recognised learning institutions.
It never hurts to apply practicality ti a situation and see what is left standing.
Strange events do exist, but many we have not even tried to solve, but thrown ET at. Some "craft" reported are just not practical designs for space travel, and we do know enough about space to know it is big. How many witnesses did Roswell have? The count is now 600 I believe. Do you for a second think 600 people saw what was claimed to be a crash incident? Do you think they are still alive? Half of what you hear is simply regurgitated from one media outlet to the other, copied and plagiarised. I do not see that would not turn into global Chinese Whispers. Heck, according to reports the "Ship" that crashed at Roswell was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. Anyone who thinks something that size is crossing space, well..... just really has not though t through, or has not an inkling of the vastness, and conditions of space, and the requirements of traversing it. This could be forgiven in 1947, but not today. People are deliberately ignorant, and it seems all for the sake of personal entertainment.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#54    Detective Mystery 2014

Detective Mystery 2014

Poltergeist

• 2,300 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:04 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 12 February 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

Possibly not, I have no idea of the circumstances, but have absolutely zero faith in an afterlife or the religion thing. As I understand it, that would be the realm of demons. I'd have to see something mighty convincing to consider the supernatural. But as you say, this part of the forum is not the place for a religious discussion.

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered. I cannot understand how that translates to validity though, the plural of anecdote is not data. Those mocked as woo woo are likely to be deserving. I have recently come to the conclusion that people dealing with the ETH wear too many pairs of kid gloves at once. It is tiring, boring, and unproductive to pander to each and every tale and act is if they are all on the same level. They are not, in fact, believers come in two categories as far as I am concerned, the credulous and the academic. I am skeptical of the credulous ETH, but have much faith in the academic ETH, which will not be fond on woo woo sites, but at Universities, or similar recognised learning institutions.
It never hurts to apply practicality ti a situation and see what is left standing.
Strange events do exist, but many we have not even tried to solve, but thrown ET at. Some "craft" reported are just not practical designs for space travel, and we do know enough about space to know it is big. How many witnesses did Roswell have? The count is now 600 I believe. Do you for a second think 600 people saw what was claimed to be a crash incident? Do you think they are still alive? Half of what you hear is simply regurgitated from one media outlet to the other, copied and plagiarised. I do not see that would not turn into global Chinese Whispers. Heck, according to reports the "Ship" that crashed at Roswell was the size of a Volkswagen Beetle. Anyone who thinks something that size is crossing space, well..... just really has not though t through, or has not an inkling of the vastness, and conditions of space, and the requirements of traversing it. This could be forgiven in 1947, but not today. People are deliberately ignorant, and it seems all for the sake of personal entertainment.

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner. I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event. I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

#55    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,114 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostDetective Mystery 2013, on 12 February 2013 - 04:04 AM, said:

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner.

I believe it does, when I said:

There is consistency in most stories we know as we are the ones that pass them on. Colourful tales are more likely to be remembered.

The Bible has elements that can be traced back to Sumerian Culture, such as the great flood, so why would this theme not be prevalent even today? A good story is a good story.

I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event.

I do not believe you can counter for another belief. Someone might well believe they saw something, and the reasons can be many for that, the person you might be talking to might well believe they have seen something that they have not at all. People have told me they have seen Ghosts, personal people whom I know well, but I feel they are mistaken, either through anticipation, fear, or something imagined, one can be frightened of something that does not exist, in fact that is somewhat common.

I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

Then surely you would not feel that expressing your personal belief is enough information for a person to carry out a conversation with an extraordinary clam as though it were fact. The paranormal is quite an explanation for something simply not understood. I am of the opinion all things can be understood with time and methodology. For instance, you cannot just say Ghosts Exist, and expect that to be considered a true stament without some very convincing supporting evidence.

#56    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:56 AM

That has nothing to do with what I said. My point was that if people from ancient Mesopotamia to modern America, from Norway to Nigeria, describe identical beings, their sightings have more validity than isolated ones that haven't been experienced in such a universal (relatively) manner. I also can tell when people are being straight with me about certain events because it's almost impossible to feign physiological occurrences such as the blood draining from one's face when he or she is asked about a very troubling event. I appreciate a certain level of skepticism, but I fully realize that some people will dismiss all claims of the paranormal to the extent that they're indistinguishable from people who reflexively *believe* all claims, no matter how outre they are.

The reason why people from around the world through out history have reported "the same" things might have something to do with our brains being wired in the same way. The human mind is a powerful and mysterious thing.

A few examples, here.

http://en.wikipedia....Sleep_paralysis

http://en.wikipedia....one_personality

As for people being "honest" in their reports.  If they truly believed they saw a ghost its only natural they would react in the proper manner,... adrenalin rush, fight or flight response, blood going where its needed the most, leaving the face, etc,... even recalling the story could be very hard for them.

This is why eyewitness testimony is considered the least credible form of evidence.

Edited by Hazzard, 12 February 2013 - 09:02 AM.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#57    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,485 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

View PostHazzard, on 12 February 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

This is why eyewitness testimony is considered the least credible form of evidence.

Does that mean that people telling UFO stories arent credible evidence that alien starships are visiting our planet???? :unsure2:

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#58    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:43 PM

Tell that to the fundamentalists. I'd like to hear more about your views on this subject.

I'm not religious.  I believe religion is a form of mass control.  I was just commenting that the idea of demons having souls, which is not true (in any religion I know of), since they were never human to begin with.  Only humans have souls (as the story goes)

Edited by Amerix, 12 February 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#59    ReaperS_ParadoX

ReaperS_ParadoX

“What’s wrong with accepting madness?

• 2,521 posts

• The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:57 PM

psyche,  its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont  believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that  they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw  humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship.  But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

Edited by R4z3rsPar4d0x, 12 February 2013 - 07:58 PM.

COME WITH ME. OVERWHELMING POWER AND MADNESS AWAIT

THAT IS NOT DEAD WHICH CAN ETERNAL LIE AND WITH STRANGE AEONS EVEN DEATH MAY DIE

#60    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:18 PM

View PostR4z3rsPar4d0x, on 12 February 2013 - 07:57 PM, said:

psyche,  its funny you should mention Rosewell I actually dont  believe there was a ship that crashed there but I read something about the government testing on live handicap people and that  they were testing how high altitude effected the body. What crashed at Roswell was a balloon with disabled japanese, now these people had deformities due to there various handicaps and thats why people say that they saw  humanoid bodies being taken out of the ship.  But it really wasnt a ship it was a balloon.

As stupid as the ET crash sounds to me, I think I actually prefer it before that one. :wacko:

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users