Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Curiosity rover finds ‘flower’ on mars

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:59 AM

personally I dont think so, but what a cool headline!

http://news.yahoo.co...-220649001.html

and

http://www.dailymail...suggest-be.html

what do you think?  And surely there'd be more than one in same area...

Edited by seeder, 06 January 2013 - 09:00 AM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#2    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,762 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

whatever it is, it's interesting!

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#3    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,029 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM

Does it really look very much like a Flower? It could well be some sort of rock formation, or crystal or something.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#4    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:09 AM

View PostLord Vetinari, on 06 January 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

Does it really look very much like a Flower? It could well be some sort of rock formation, or crystal or something.

well in fairness the word 'flower' wasn't used by anyone at NASA...

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#5    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:13 AM

Mars is a wasteland... probably created by some type of nuclear holocaust. NASA will try to hide all the planks of wood, plastics etc that the rover photographs... to keep us all from absolute panic. Do you think they have sent that rover up there to study clay ??? ....... They are studying the former civilization... or whats left of it...... and pretending to us that ......once again.,.. we are the SOLE occupants of this universe.

#6    Professor T

Professor T

Λ Ο Δ, 2222

• 2,465 posts

• I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:14 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Headline grabbing trash!!

I wish people wouldn't waste other peoples time by headlineing some random fleck of rock as a Flower.

Edited to add. My gripe is against those so-called news sources, not the op.

Edited by Professor T, 06 January 2013 - 09:28 AM.

#7    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:18 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 06 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Mars is a wasteland... probably created by some type of nuclear holocaust. NASA will try to hide all the planks of wood, plastics etc that the rover photographs... to keep us all from absolute panic. Do you think they have sent that rover up there to study clay ??? ....... They are studying the former civilization... or whats left of it...... and pretending to us that ......once again.,.. we are the SOLE occupants of this universe.

I believe all pics and data from the rovers are released into the public domain... (public as opposed to secret).....why should they hide anything?

#8    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:22 AM

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

I believe all pics and data from the rovers are released into the public domain... (public as opposed to secret).....why should they hide anything?
Not all are released.... and some that are released... have weird black data blanks.....

#9    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,169 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 06 January 2013 - 09:14 AM, said:

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!

Headline grabbing trash!!

I wish people wouldn't waste other peoples time by headlinging some random fleck of rock as a Flower.

Edited to add. My gripe is against those so-called news sources, not the op.

Thanks for making that clear!!

#10    Timonthy

Timonthy

Placid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,779 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Wow what a joke...

Posted Image

#11    me-wonders

me-wonders

Remote Viewer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:32 AM

It is a tissue dropped by an alien who had a runny nose.   If it were a flower there would be several of them, because there must be a breeding population if a life form is to survive.

Edited by me-wonders, 06 January 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#12    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Mainly Spherical in Shape

• 25,029 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:55 AM

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Oh, you'd be surprised. According to some there's two quite distinct levels being done by NASA; the 'public' side, releasing boring pictures of rock, and the more exciting, secret side, that's concentrating in explroing the ruins of cities & technology.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#13    Jeffertonturner

Jeffertonturner

Hero Squad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

• I may not be the smartest, or the best looking, or the most successful but...what was I saying? I'm depressed.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 06 January 2013 - 09:13 AM, said:

Ugh.

~Life goes by pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while -and do whatever you want all the time -you can miss it.~

#14    PhoenixBird88

PhoenixBird88

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 149 posts

• "For every action, there is an equal and opposite re-action."

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

I see nothing interesting. I just looks like a crystal formation peaking out of that bed of rock. Its crazy the things people "see" in these Mars pics.

#15    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,241 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:13 PM

View PostZeta Reticulum, on 06 January 2013 - 09:22 AM, said:

Not all are released.... and some that are released... have weird black data blanks.....
You will now give examples..

Before doing so, I strongly suggest you do a little more research (especially into the reasons for those 'data blanks'), or this isn't going to go well for you...

All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

"Like the JFK assassination conspiracy theories, the UFO issue probably will not go away soon, no matter what the CIA does or says. The belief that we are not alone in the universe is too emotionally appealing and the distrust of our government is too pervasive to make the issue amenable to traditional scientific studies or rational explanation and evidence." - Gerald K Haines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users