Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 2 votes

Bombs away in Israel & Gaza.. Again...


  • Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

#46    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 16 November 2012 - 03:10 AM, said:

1914 all over again?

Highly unlikely. We've seen this pattern many time before. They'll blow each other up for a while, then there will be a ceasefire that will be ignored at time by both sides, and then they'll glare at each other until the next round.

One bit of good news though is that while the Egyptian PM was in Gaza Israel halted all offensive actions, though Hamas kept launching missiles. So Egypt might be able to broker a truce eventually.

Edited by Corp, 16 November 2012 - 04:25 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#47    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,005 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Will Hezballouh act to?


#48    shaddow134

shaddow134

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Joined:25 Apr 2011
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Northern Ontario

  • "I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM

I feel that actually both peoples want peace but you have the Militaristic Hamas in control on one side and then Ex Isreali military in control on the other,you need good elected Civillian governments on both sides,who for once might actually talk to each other.

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schulz

#49    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM

Well from a technology side of things it seems like the Israel missile shield is working pretty good, which is good news all around.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#50    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

    hi

  • Member
  • 8,005 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Portsmouth

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

View PostCorp, on 16 November 2012 - 05:00 PM, said:

Well from a technology side of things it seems like the Israel missile shield is working pretty good, which is good news all around.
But it seems it can't take every missile being launched


#51    Corp

Corp

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 6,950 posts
  • Joined:19 Jun 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Ottawa

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

Well yeah, not when hundreds of rockets are being fired. Some are always going to get through. Though seems like its stopping a lot of them.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#52    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 16 November 2012 - 11:15 PM

View PostCorp, on 16 November 2012 - 08:59 PM, said:

Well yeah, not when hundreds of rockets are being fired. Some are always going to get through. Though seems like its stopping a lot of them.

View PostThe New Richard Nixon, on 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

But it seems it can't take every missile being launched

The United Nations has voiced concern about the number of child casualties resulting from Israel’s bombing of Gaza. At least 4 Palestinian children have been killed and over 60 injured since Wednesday in Israeli airstrikes according to the UN. The organization also believes that 50 Israeli civilians including children have been injured by Hamas rockets fired into Israel.


#53    pallidin

pallidin

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 6,184 posts
  • Joined:09 Dec 2004
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Somewhere south of the North Pole

  • "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:42 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 16 November 2012 - 11:15 PM, said:

The United Nations has voiced concern about the number of child casualties resulting from Israel’s bombing of Gaza. At least 4 Palestinian children have been killed and over 60 injured since Wednesday in Israeli airstrikes according to the UN. The organization also believes that 50 Israeli civilians including children have been injured by Hamas rockets fired into Israel.

Say, Professor T, seems like you're more against Israel. Would that be correct?

Edited by pallidin, 17 November 2012 - 02:44 AM.


#54    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 November 2012 - 04:40 AM

View Postpallidin, on 17 November 2012 - 02:42 AM, said:

Say, Professor T, seems like you're more against Israel. Would that be correct?

Think about what you are saying...
Where is Gaza?
Where is Hamas?
Where is the IDF?
Where are people dying?

You would be correct though in assuming that the people more deserving of support in my opinion would be the palestinians, simply because of the circumsances they live under.. But that is not to say that I don't feel sad for the other poor israeli people who are also suffering right now..

As far as I am concerned the world is ingoring a problem that the world had better start solving.. picking sides will only promote more problems in the future, but treating that country as a whole & not Israel or Palestine might be a start to finding a solution..

Actually I wonder if it would be as simple as that? Change the name of the country so that people see it for what it really is, just another country that needs to sort it's **** out.


#55    Black Red Devil

Black Red Devil

    Mean as Hell

  • Member
  • 2,302 posts
  • Joined:04 Oct 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sydney

  • I would if I could
    But I can't, so I won't

Posted 17 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

The Right wing Govt of Israel, lead by Mr "Bibi" is the one to blame for every single death to both Palestinians and Israeli's, starting from the moment the IDF entered Gaza and killed a 13 year old Palestinian boy playing football.

I'd like to know what gives Israeli troops the Right to enter Gaza and kill civilians and Hamas leaders?  Similarly, what gives Israel the Right to blockade all entries into Gaza by land and sea?  If they want to control and occupy Gaza they do so under the Geneva Convention conditions. otherwise, buzz off and stay out!!

It's no surprise Hamas defended themselves when tanks entered Gaza and killed the boy and it's no surprise they're launching rockets now, even though I don't totally agree with their reaction because all it's going to lead to is the death of hundreds of innocent civilians.

But, to suggest Hamas is at fault in all of this is pure heresy.

We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell

- Oscar Wilde

#56    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:26 AM

An Israeli army official said they have launched an investigation into the possibility of rockets being fired from Egypt toward the occupied lands. IDF suspects that the rockets that hit Eshkol late on Friday were fired from Sinai. On Wednesday, four rockets landed in an Israeli settlement located near the Egyptian border. Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that an Egyptian militant group in Sinai Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the launching of the rockets.

There are seperate reports from different sources that some rockets were fired from Egypt on three seperate occasions.. I wonder what that will do to the 1979 peace treaty?


#57    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:49 AM

View Postshaddow134, on 16 November 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

I feel that actually both peoples want peace but you have the Militaristic Hamas in control on one side and then Ex Isreali military in control on the other,you need good elected Civillian governments on both sides,who for once might actually talk to each other.

I like this line of thinking..

Bombs and rockets doesn't do much to promote the idea though..

No one thought peace could ever exist in Northern Ireland in the 70's & 80's, but it does now..

No one thought south africa could change, but it did..

It seems to me all it took was pressure from the rest of the world.. and I just don't see that happening right now.


#58    Professor T

Professor T

    Λ Ο Δ

  • Member
  • 2,410 posts
  • Joined:11 Jul 2012
  • Gender:Not Selected

  • I'm not really a Professor so don't take my words as Gospel

Posted 17 November 2012 - 09:27 AM

View PostBlackRedLittleDevil, on 17 November 2012 - 07:26 AM, said:

The Right wing Govt of Israel, lead by Mr "Bibi" is the one to blame for every single death to both Palestinians and Israeli's, starting from the moment the IDF entered Gaza and killed a 13 year old Palestinian boy playing football.

I'd like to know what gives Israeli troops the Right to enter Gaza and kill civilians and Hamas leaders?  Similarly, what gives Israel the Right to blockade all entries into Gaza by land and sea?  If they want to control and occupy Gaza they do so under the Geneva Convention conditions. otherwise, buzz off and stay out!!

It's no surprise Hamas defended themselves when tanks entered Gaza and killed the boy and it's no surprise they're launching rockets now, even though I don't totally agree with their reaction because all it's going to lead to is the death of hundreds of innocent civilians.

But, to suggest Hamas is at fault in all of this is pure heresy.

I'll be the first to admit that my knowledge about the history of how all of this began is shaky at the best.. lest to say, that these more recent conflicts began with the formation of israel post WW2, when the world turned it's back on Palestine.. but the history goes well beyond that.. Everyone has opinions on who's right and wrong, and who gave who the right to do this or that in Israel... But it occurs to me that this line of questioning needs to stop when Bombs and rockets are flying because it only serves to fuel the fire and create seperation from facts and events at hand..

The world is confused about this imo. There is a storm of Propaganda and support for this side or that side and nothing... I mean Nothing is being done to stop this by certain powers that have it in their power to do something.

Anonymous, has claimed it has attacked the website of the Israeli government, www.tel-aviv.gov.il. The website was unavailable as of Saturday morning. The group also claimed it deleted a database at the Israeli Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The cyber attacks come as a part of the so called #OpIsrael launched by Anonymous to rally support for the Palestinians.

The Israeli Defense Force has used Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Instagram and other popular platforms to make the case for its campaign in Gaza as well as to issue a warning to Hamas.

Meanwhile.... Bombs rain, missiles fly, People die.. (which is what happens when the world turns it's back and just lets things happen.)


#59    libstaK

libstaK

    Nosce Te Ipsum

  • 6,248 posts
  • Joined:06 Feb 2011
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia

  • Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 17 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

View PostProfessor T, on 17 November 2012 - 08:26 AM, said:

An Israeli army official said they have launched an investigation into the possibility of rockets being fired from Egypt toward the occupied lands. IDF suspects that the rockets that hit Eshkol late on Friday were fired from Sinai. On Wednesday, four rockets landed in an Israeli settlement located near the Egyptian border. Egyptian newspaper Al-Shorouk reported Friday that an Egyptian militant group in Sinai Peninsula has claimed responsibility for the launching of the rockets.

There are seperate reports from different sources that some rockets were fired from Egypt on three seperate occasions.. I wonder what that will do to the 1979 peace treaty?
If this bears out as fact, then what has happened and is happening between Palestine and Israel is nothing short of a horrible tragedy, It will muddy the waters even more if that's possible and there will be an added air of outrage in Palestine given what is being dished up to them atm.  I feel for Israel, and pray they have not in fact "jumped the gun" on this one, what a mess for everybody.

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#60    stevewinn

stevewinn

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 8,345 posts
  • Joined:05 Feb 2007
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Liverpool, England

  • Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 17 November 2012 - 12:26 PM

From day one the Israeli state as been under attack and for every decade thereafter, google 1948 war, when the Arab countries intervened attacking Israel, a coalition of Egypt, Jordan, Syria, Iraq Lebanon, Palestinian forces and any Arab and his camel/donkey volunteer force. skip a conflict or two and it brings you to the Six day war, were Israel kicked ass. fighting on three fronts. - to me this war could have stopped the vast majority of the problems we see today if Israel after pushing back the 'Axis' forces and capturing the lands of - The gaza strip - the West bank and the Sinai peninsula, annexing them as the spoils of war so redefining the Israeli state borders. today we'd have no Palestine, west bank or gaza strip. were lets face it all the troubles stem. the Palestinians / Arabs had lost the fight and so their land, - Egypt also losing territory (sinia peninsula). the surrounding Arab countries those named above would've had to offer their brothers asylum. using their phrase 'Brothers'. but it seems even these Arab countries keep the Palestinians at arms length. ask the reason why?

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users