Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#46    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,787 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

Many stories have much less to get them started ! Maybe we will find out some day?
Like the Stephenville Texas sightings, when enough people are called fools maybe the Fools wil all get together and demand some respect?

This is a Work in Progress!

#47    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 4,097 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:42 AM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 21 September 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

I've referred to this case many times in my posts, along with quite a few others that are very similar, but once again the "skeptics" are almost always in default of any comments, even to explain what it could be or could not be besides a genuine UFO.

Sorry, Your Majesty, this case was beaten to death - no freaking alienz have been found. You can use Search.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot. Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).

#48    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 03:36 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 25 September 2011 - 11:42 AM, said:

Sorry, Your Majesty, this case was beaten to death - no freaking alienz have been found. You can use Search.

If they were found, you'd be one of the people covering it up--for sure.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

#49    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,127 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

That craft the B-52 encountered definitely wasn't ours, which means the craft was that of someone else other than mankind.

Edited by skyeagle409, 25 September 2011 - 07:42 PM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#50    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,787 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:31 PM

Dont you just Love the transfer of great minds in here ?  I`ll have a B-52 and raise your Minot AFB by Fourty two Aces ! :wacko:

#51    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,760 posts

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 21 September 2011 - 11:24 PM, said:

I've referred to this case many times in my posts, along with quite a few others that are very similar, but once again the "skeptics" are almost always in default of any comments, even to explain what it could be or could not be besides a genuine UFO.

McGuffin, happy New Year mate and I'd certainly agree this case involves a genuine UFO - the paragraph below just about sums it up:

What we have, then, was a group of sightings made by men on the ground, at the missile sites scattered around the base. There was radar sightings from ground and weather's radar. There were visual sightings from the crew of the B-52, and an airborne radar sighting where the target traveled at 3,000 miles per hour. Scope photographs were taken. There were sightings made by S.Sgt. Bond the FSC at Nov. Flight, S.Sgt. Smith at Oscar-1, Julelt, and Mike Flight Team and a number of men in widely scattered locations. The object landed at location AA-43 and the entire observation lasted for 45 minutes. Fourteen other people in separate locations also reported the UFO.

It also seems U.S. Air Force staff sergeant Bill Smith is still sharing his UFO experiences at Minot AFB with other people, quite courageous when you think at the time he was 'ordered never to discuss the incident outside the chain of command' - hats off to him. :)

Standing up to the past

Cheers.

#52    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 15,532 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 03 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

View Postskyeagle409, on 24 April 2010 - 12:39 AM, said:

The skeptics should take a look at this case, but, there are those who will try to throw in explanations that just won't fit.

You get your wish this time, Skyeagle!  :P

I'm not the first to admit it is an intriguing case. The first point I would like to bring up, though, is the discrepancy in what was reported by visual identifaction by the B-52 team, and a 'site activation team member' (ground-based observer).

What the aircrew described was not a 'classic saucer', but more along the lines of the 'dirigible UFO'. Their description is "200 feet in diameter and many hundreds of feet long" which, even with the 'metal cylinder attached to a crescent' addition fits the 'dirigible UFO' much better than a 'saucer UFO'.

However, the ground based observer describes (and draws) a classic 'saucer UFO'.

Granted, they are separate sightings, and so there is no necessity for consistency in the shape of what was witnessed, but we do have to consider why, if we assume a guided vehicle was responsible for the sightings, different vehicles were observed in each instance?

We should use as a basis for comparison, the surveillance vehicles available to our militaries and theorise why different vehicles would be observed?  Are we to conclude multiple ET's (hence differing vehicle designs) visiting the same site within the same timeframe? That would seem to be stretching credulity, imo.

It is not impossible for the above to have occurred, it is just, imo, far more unlikely than at least one of the reports being misidentification.

I would like to see the various reports posted on this thread collated to show the sequence of the sightings, and the area over which they occurred, and any link between the observers (i.e. contact between personnel involved or otherwise connected to observers.) This may indicate where in subsequent reports, observers have been 'led' by rumour, etc, of the previous.

Edited by Leonardo, 03 January 2012 - 04:35 PM.

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#53    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,114 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

Hi Karl!

Perhaps the 'TRUTH' about UFOs monitoring nuclear weapon facilities is finally on it's way!

http://knowelty.com/...ghtings/873552/

Cheers buddy.

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."
...I found the Smoking Gun at last!!!!!!!!.....https://www.youtube....h?v=fGKOcuANNQo

#54    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 17,787 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 12:42 AM

Some old B-52s never Die ! specially the Minot B-52

Attached Files

#55    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 January 2012 - 02:05 AM

In any case I did offer the possibility if some type of experimental, perhaps hybridised blimp. Just like the ones that remains unexplained from the 1800's. If this was a large unexplained solid confirmed craft, the question remains as to why nobody was sent to investigate. If it was confirmed, it would have to be investigated, unless of course the object was known. It may not be the explanation, but I think it beats scratching ones head, and running with the all over explanation of out new gods - ET. A place to start. I feel calling ET is no more helpful then calling them stars. The discrepancies I can see are speed, which could be attributed to parallax error with a large object. However, I do not know the capabilities of a hybradised blimp.

It is interesting to note that Quintanilla felt this was plasma.

Edited by psyche101, 16 January 2012 - 02:13 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#56    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

Double post

Edited by skyeagle409, 16 January 2012 - 04:14 AM.

#57    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:10 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2012 - 02:05 AM, said:

In any case I did offer the possibility if some type of experimental, perhaps hybridised blimp. Just like the ones that remains unexplained from the 1800's. If this was a large unexplained solid confirmed craft, the question remains as to why nobody was sent to investigate. If it was confirmed, it would have to be investigated, unless of course the object was known. It may not be the explanation, but I think it beats scratching ones head, and running with the all over explanation of out new gods - ET. A place to start. I feel calling ET is no more helpful then calling them stars. The discrepancies I can see are speed, which could be attributed to parallax error with a large object. However, I do not know the capabilities of a hybradised blimp.

It is interesting to note that Quintanilla felt this was plasma.

A few years ago, the Air Force set up my exhibition booth next to a B-52 from Minot AFB, and I spoke with the aircrew, and yes, the incident occurred as reported and the object was not a balloon, but of a flying machine that exhibited extraordinary flight characteristics far beyond anything in our inventory.

Edited by skyeagle409, 16 January 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#58    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 31,127 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:22 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 16 January 2012 - 12:42 AM, said:

Some old B-52s never Die ! specially the Minot B-52

The B-52 will be around 90 years old when it is finally retired from service. BTW, "Red Tails" is due for opening this Friday, January 20, and  I hope to bring Colonel Warren with me. He is doing just fine.

#59    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:41 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 16 January 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

The B-52 will be around 90 years old when it is finally retired from service. BTW, "Red Tails" is due for opening this Friday, January 20, and  I hope to bring Colonel Warren with me. He is doing just fine.

Can't wait to see it, Sky Posted Image

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#60    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 31,830 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 16 January 2012 - 04:54 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 16 January 2012 - 04:10 AM, said:

A few years ago, the Air Force set up my exhibition booth next to a B-52 from Minot AFB, and I spoke with the aircrew, and yes, the incident occurred as reported and the object was not a balloon, but of a flying machine that exhibited extraordinary flight characteristics far beyond anything in our inventory.

I believe that is entirely possible, but we have seen earthly things that do not exist in out inventory, but are being considered and possibly tested before, such as the mystery airships of the 1800's. It's a mystery true, but we only have visual descriptions to work with, and they as we know can be quite shaky.There is also the possibility that the dimensions were not correctly estimated, making ordinary movements appear somewhat fantastic.

But what I find the strangest of all, and why I suspect black ops, is that there was no response. If it was a confirmed sighting, and unknown, why did we not send up reconnaissance?

Mystery Airships of the 1800s

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users