Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

High levels of Radiation and Ghosts

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    stevemagegod

stevemagegod

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

• "That's one small step for man, one giant leap for mankind"-Neil Armstrong

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:07 PM

Okay guys i was watching the show called Destination Truth last night about the Chernobyl disaster and ever time they were getting spikes on the EMF Detector,thermal, and other equipment they couldn't investigate for very long because the radiation levels were getting dangerously high for humans and they had to move to the next spot(even though they were catching very good evidence).  I was thinking that maybe if their is a lot of radiation at a site that is supposidely haunted their could be a environmental cause to the hauntings(even though their was a lot of people that died in the  Chernobyl disaster).
What do you guys think?

#2    tan-angel23

tan-angel23

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• "Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth."
    -- 1 John 3:18

Posted 04 October 2009 - 07:57 PM

I watched an episode of destination truth as well.  omg its freaky about these dolls in mexico and their eyes would move... anyway, i think that u might be right like radiation could really make u sick so why not other things??  :wub:

#3    wolves5

wolves5

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• life is a puzzle that we must navigate

Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:23 PM

View Poststevemagegod, on 04 October 2009 - 07:07 PM, said:

Okay guys i was watching the show called Destination Truth last night about the Chernobyl disaster and ever time they were getting spikes on the EMF Detector,thermal, and other equipment they couldn't investigate for very long because the radiation levels were getting dangerously high for humans and they had to move to the next spot(even though they were catching very good evidence).  I was thinking that maybe if their is a lot of radiation at a site that is supposidely haunted their could be a environmental cause to the hauntings(even though their was a lot of people that died in the  Chernobyl disaster).
What do you guys think?
          It's possible.  I think we know as much about spirits as we do how to track them.  (That almost made
sense to me)  Anyway , I just recently started viewing/recording those shows, I missed that one but for sake of
knowing, there is the web site that allows--from what I can tell-- 100% viewing of all their episodes.  There's
an episode filmed near Mt. Fuji  (spelling?) in Japan where "hundereds" had apparently made a spot for suicide
which is pretty recent in it's use--not just the feudal Japan, methods of retaining one's honor...sepiku..or
"belly cutting" .  The added constraint had been the massed iron deposits left from the volcanic erruptions.  This
could have "contributed" to the evidence that the team did not get on camera , which they added toward the end of the investigation.

#4    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

The Sum of All Bears

• 5,545 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:53 PM

There have been some form of bacteria or microbe that have developed at ground zero, so there is life there, even within such intense radiation, so in a way I suppose there is no telling.

UM Rules | Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252hrs/4y+, View: Ideomotor

#5    ROGER

ROGER

Government Agent

• 3,466 posts

• Sticks and stone didnt break my bone,
    But old age is starting to Hurt me!

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:13 PM

Check out some of the first Ghost Hunters shows and you will see they had a Geiger Counter with them a few times. But they never got more than a normal readings from it. I would ASSUME any readings above normal would come from Radon build up in a basement in a Non Industrial environment.

The world can't end in 2012, I have a yogurt that expires in 2013.

#6    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:14 PM

possible, if youre meaning we have Natural meanings for hauntings. however, rad should have nothing to do with EMF readings.  
i watched the episode as well (love that show)

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 04 October 2009 - 11:15 PM.

the truth is out there....

#7    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 09:56 AM

I am pretty sure there were hardly any deaths right at the nuclear reactor. Most people died at home and in hospitals, some years later. Ghosts almost always appear where they died, so there shouldn't be much there.

I have never thought of Chernobyl as a haunted place but I could be wrong. Radiation is something I never really looked for when ghost hunting, so I have no first hand experiences.

Edited by cpjason, 05 October 2009 - 10:02 AM.

Thatguy, international man of mystery.

#8    Superman

Superman

Psychic Spy

• 1,856 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:25 AM

View Postcpjason, on 05 October 2009 - 09:56 AM, said:

Ghosts almost always appear where they died, so there shouldn't be much there.

They just as often appear in the place where they were the happiest as well. Or places that hold strong memories, or create strong emotions in them. I've seen just as many "ghosts" in places where they were the happiest (where they went on the first date with their life partner, the house they spent the majority of their entire adult life at).

If it were true that a majority of "ghosts" clung to where they died, hospitals would be ground zero of paranormal activity. To the point that the hospitals would have to probably shut down due to the amount of 'paranormal' disturbances.

I could easily see how Chernobyl would be a hot spot for 'paranormal activity.' Due to it being all but abandoned by humanity, and the fact that so many people's lives were snuffed short, and the last strong memories they would have would be Chernobyl.

But I'm not sure how radiation would affect "ghosts." I've never had the opportunity to go to a irradiated 'haunted' place. Though have always loved a chance to go prowl in Prypiat.

Edited by Superman, 05 October 2009 - 11:28 AM.

#9    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:24 PM

You are right of course, but I can't believe that anyone would choose Chernobyl as their happy place to dwell in the afterlife. That would leave the tragic death sort of ghost which is usually right where the death happened.

#10    Superman

Superman

Psychic Spy

• 1,856 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 12:43 PM

Well, if popular theory is correct. Ghosts tend to cling to the strongest memory they have.

Lives that are cut short, they tend to cling to the strongest, vivid memory they have - usually their own death.

I could imagine that those that were sent to clean up the reactor, were dieing in confusion, as they weren't aware of the severity they were going into.

And those that lived in Prypiat (and surrounding areas) only knew that one minute everything was honkey doorey, and the next, there was a huge explosion and nothing was the same. So I could see how Chernobyl, Prypriat and the rest of the "Dead Zone" could harbor a lot of 'trapped souls'. Cause for many, that was the last place they were alive before hell (literally) erupted.

Edited by Superman, 05 October 2009 - 12:56 PM.

#11    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:00 PM

If the the radiation levels at Chernobyl are still high enough to cause ionization one would expect to find a lot of anomalous EM readings.

#12    cpjason

cpjason

Psychic Spy

• 1,183 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

View Postsinewave, on 05 October 2009 - 04:00 PM, said:

If the the radiation levels at Chernobyl are still high enough to cause ionization one would expect to find a lot of anomalous EM readings.

I am pretty sure the levels are high enough, but you have to be right on top of the melted core. It is safe to stand a stones throw from the building now, but I wouldn't want to be there for very long.

I watched a nice video of it on youtube recently.

Edited by cpjason, 06 October 2009 - 05:10 PM.

#13    Lady Amethyst

Lady Amethyst

Psychic Spy

• 1,434 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 08:41 AM

Not very sure about this. Have a look: Solar and geomagnetic Paranormal activity

Posted Image

#14    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:01 PM

View PostLady Amethyst, on 07 October 2009 - 08:41 AM, said:

Not very sure about this. Have a look: Solar and geomagnetic Paranormal activity

Very interesting.  At least someone recognizes the fact there is constantly changing EM weather.  A more complete EM picture would also include thunderstorm activity within 100 miles.

#15    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,099 posts

Posted 07 October 2009 - 02:05 PM

View Postcpjason, on 06 October 2009 - 05:09 PM, said:

I am pretty sure the levels are high enough, but you have to be right on top of the melted core. It is safe to stand a stones throw from the building now, but I wouldn't want to be there for very long.

I watched a nice video of it on youtube recently.

I hear you.  It still amazes me that people are allowed to get that close.  Ghost busters get excited about fluctuations in the miligauss range.  That may well be close enough to pickup at those levels.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users