Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 2 votes

Roswell was Soviet plot to create US panic

• Please log in to reply
438 replies to this topic

#16    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,714 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 12:48 PM

Ha ha ha ha ha classic - Thanks Persia!
What I want to know is what the skeptics think of this - it certainly would explain why so many witnesses claim to have seen a craft or bodies.
We're never going to hear the end of this 'Roswell Incident'.

#17    Coffey

Coffey

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,671 posts

• "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." - Winston Churchill

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

View PostHabitat, on 14 May 2011 - 07:38 AM, said:

Men come from Mars and women are from Venus, but surely this story comes from Uranus ?  :wacko:

Hahaha, that was funny.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.

#18    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,116 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:22 PM

View PostPaxus, on 15 May 2011 - 12:48 PM, said:

Ha ha ha ha ha classic - Thanks Persia!
What I want to know is what the skeptics think of this - it certainly would explain why so many witnesses claim to have seen a craft or bodies.
We're never going to hear the end of this 'Roswell Incident'.
Well, surely you don't need to ask the Skeptics. Surely even the most enthusiastic Believer could only ROTF, L'ing, at the preposterousness of the whole idea.

Did, by the way, any witnesses who claimed to be on the spot at the time claim to see any bodies? or were they added as a colourful detail subsequently?

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#19    Paxus

Paxus

Poltergeist

• 2,714 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

View Post747400, on 15 May 2011 - 02:22 PM, said:

Well, surely you don't need to ask the Skeptics. Surely even the most enthusiastic Believer could only ROTF, L'ing, at the preposterousness of the whole idea.

Did, by the way, any witnesses who claimed to be on the spot at the time claim to see any bodies? or were they added as a colourful detail subsequently?
Yes, absolutely they did... one that springs to mind off the top of my head is a fire fighter that was 'on scene' - he said he saw 'aliens'. I think he even claimed that he felt the 'thought', 'You can't help me', as if the alien was communicating telepathically...

There was military - some guard who claimed he was allowed a peek...

Wasn't there a nurse too?

Edited by Paxus, 15 May 2011 - 02:27 PM.

#20    Norbert the Incredible

Norbert the Incredible

A bit dull

• 27,116 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

Hmmm, sounds like a Colourful Embellishment to me. I've always thought it'd be more likely that they'd use unmanned craft.

Actually, I've just realised that this story is actually a non-ET theory, isn't it, so by definition, according to some, it must be inherently more plausible than the ET explanation. You're right, it would be interesting to see the opinions of people who hold such a view.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#21    chaoszerg

chaoszerg

Underpants Gnome

• 9,418 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

All I can think of is some drunk soviets saying "ahahaha lets go prank the Americans and pretend to be Aliens" and then try and fly their makeshift UFO while under the influence and crashing.

#22    bee

bee

Forum Divinity

• 11,256 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:53 PM

View PostPaxus, on 15 May 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

Yes, absolutely they did... one that springs to mind off the top of my head is a fire fighter that was 'on scene' - he said he saw 'aliens'. I think he even claimed that he felt the 'thought', 'You can't help me', as if the alien was communicating telepathically...

yes.....and the underlined....that 'being' in the Is It Real thread hasn't got any ears.... :huh:

if you communicated totally on the telepathic level you might not need ears...and you wouldn't need to

speak any of the many earth languages. Which could come in handy when captured by humans.... :o  ^_^

#23    Damrod

Damrod

Seeker of Knowledge

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 08:07 PM

lol...funny stuff.  Maybe that's what "Skinny bob" is, a USSR hoax to frighten Americans during the cold war and they never got a chance to release the footage and someone happened to stumble across it recently...viral away!

Edited by Damrod, 16 May 2011 - 08:08 PM.

#24    Spectre1979

Spectre1979

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 03:42 AM

I guess it is possible, but I don't believe it!

There are things known, and things unknown and in between are the Doors!

#25    Solipsi Rai

Solipsi Rai

...from the Desert...

• 2,734 posts

• he's Native and Indio-geneous to the Americas.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 01:19 AM

Oh darnit, I posted about my reactions to yesterday's Roswell news story on another related thread. http://www.unexplain...6

After all, the Cold War was all about the risk of a Soviet invasion equipped with military air weaponry and nuclear bombs. But to expect Roswell itself was a Soviet maneuver into our national air space to miss its target, what kind of explanation is that?  :unsure:

And someone mentioned the use of mutants, this is right out of the movie script of the upcoming X-Men: First Class.  B)

Edited by Makoto Jupiter, 25 May 2011 - 01:22 AM.

:innocent: The Truth is Out There - the X Files. :alien:

#26    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 25 May 2011 - 05:33 AM

View PostTheMcGuffin, on 15 May 2011 - 12:01 AM, said:

My question about Roswell is whether all the witnesses are complete liars?  There are hundreds of civilian and military witnesses, and the only way to deny the whole story about some kind of weird thing crashing there is if all of them are 100% liars or 100% crazy.

http://www.metacafe....ll_confessions/

How can there be hundreds of witnesses?

And do you mean still alive, or dead?

This would mean that the people saying this was a mundane incident blown out of proportion would then have to be liars, so what would make the pro crowd more believable? Are not most of those testimonies that contradict in depth investigation merely fleeting instances?

I personally believe the Roswell incident has contributed to the mockery of UFOlogy as a whole more than any other investigation due to the credulous nature of the ever expanding tale.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#27    grc

grc

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

• Out of my mind, back in five minutes.

Posted 25 May 2011 - 04:38 PM

View PostTaut, on 14 May 2011 - 08:20 PM, said:

You go, Habitat....LMAO.  Guess the new book just ignores all the statements of Marcel to Stanton Friedman and hundreds of corroborating stories. Disinformation is a powerful tool. Too work this hard, on multiple levels to discredit the incident, and keep doing it for this long, only lends more credence to the original stories.  Right on 747400!

It's one way on someones trying to get rich list.

"Bigfoot is blurry!" -Mitch Hedberg

#28    Emperor470

Emperor470

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:16 AM

It might be possible but if they were trying to scare Americans why crash in the middle of no where? If it were the Soviets they would probably done that in Washington, DC or a populated area the whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

Once you get into a fight or conflict you have to come out victorious or dead never surrender.

#29    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:27 AM

View PostEmperor470, on 27 May 2011 - 03:16 AM, said:

It might be possible but if they were trying to scare Americans why crash in the middle of no where? If it were the Soviets they would probably done that in Washington, DC or a populated area the whole thing just doesn't make any sense.

The crash was close to Roswell Army Airfield, where the worlds only nuclear capable bomber group resided. It was also close to Project MOGUL operations, which spied on the Soviets.

Not advocating the theory, but there is a couple reasons.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#30    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 34,789 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 03:29 AM

View PostPaxus, on 15 May 2011 - 02:26 PM, said:

The purported Naomi Self never existed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users