Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Cortez UFO Identified as Juno Missile

identified flying objects

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    Supersquatch

Supersquatch

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

• Supersquatch powers, activate!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:32 AM

The light in the sky south of the Cortez Airport was from a missile contrail from the U.S. Army’s White Sands Missile Range in New Mexico.

A spokesman for the U.S. Army’s White Sands Missile Range tells The Associated Press the contrail was from a Juno ballistic missile that was fired at 6:30 a.m. MDT Thursday from Fort Wingate near Gallup, N.M. The Juno missile was then targeted by an advanced version ofthe Patriot missile fired from White Sands.

The odd appearance in the sky had the Cortez area buzzing with intrigue.

http://www.cortezjou...t-was-a-missile

Posted Image

#2    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Sounds legit...

My moneys on a wormhole.

#3    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,636 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:53 PM

This was never a mystery.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#4    sergeantflynn

sergeantflynn

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 165 posts

• WHY WORRY ?

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:40 PM

I`ll settle for UFO`s . Missile testing is the best excuse yet for denying them . Let`s face it , the weather-balloon excuse was wearing thin .

#5    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:21 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 14 September 2012 - 02:53 PM, said:

This was never a mystery.

Nope. Why this non-event is even being discussed in the first place is puzzling.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#6    booNyzarC

booNyzarC

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 13,536 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:22 PM

View Postbadeskov, on 14 September 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Nope. Why this non-event is even being discussed in the first place is puzzling.

Cheers,
Badeskov

UFOlogy is desperate for something, anything, to hang it's hopes and dreams on.  Just my guess anyway.

#7    badeskov

badeskov

Forum Divinity

• 11,360 posts

• Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please - Mark Twain

Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:33 PM

View PostbooNyzarC, on 14 September 2012 - 08:22 PM, said:

UFOlogy is desperate for something, anything, to hang it's hopes and dreams on.  JUust my guess anyway.

Sadly, I concur. Something with a smoke trail at White Sands. Yeah, really mysterious.

The desperation is literally so intense that it is condensing and dripping down from the walls.

Cheers,
Badeskov

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention to arrive safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow!! What a ride!". Said to to Dean Karnazes by a running buddy.

#8    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:29 PM

The desperation is literally so intense that it is condensing and dripping down from the walls.

This is 100% true.  I can't count how many back and forths I have had with people on Youtube and other forums on the matter of UFOlogy.  If they look up at the sky and can't identify something (regardless of the fact that there are people out there who CAN identify it), that automatically makes it aliens, and I've been called every name under the sun for saying otherwise.

#9    highdesert50

highdesert50

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:41 PM

Actually witnessed this predawn event. It was visually consistent with some other predawn launches from White Sands that I have witnessed in the past with the exception that the object was quite visible as a glowing (burning?) pinpoint advancing the contrail. There was a moment where the contrail stopped and a very broad rainbowed contrail fanned out and the object was no longer visible and the contrail ceased. Remnants of the contrail did last a few minutes although the drama was over. Sorry no phone pics as I was driving and "interesting" aspect of the event occurred over seconds.

#10    AlienDan

AlienDan

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 08:23 AM

View PostSuper-Fly, on 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

Sounds legit...

My moneys on a wormhole.

Rocket

#11    Starseed hybrid 1111

Starseed hybrid 1111

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

• "Take the Red Matrix pill" be your own authentic self neo

Posted 16 January 2013 - 10:11 PM

if it a missile being tested and its clearly a missile then it was never a mystery to begin with but in the other if it wasn't a missile then wham you got yourself a mystery in your hands.but it could be a ufo though but we have to look at all options too though.i beleive in UFOs though!!!

Also tagged with identified flying objects

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users