Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

DNA Proves Bigfoot Is real

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#46    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,266 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

In an interview on the MonsterTalk podcast, Dr. Todd Disotell of the New York University Molecular Anthropology Laboratory dismissed the idea that Bigfoot could be a primate that arose as recently as Ketchum's DNA results claim: "If it's a primate that is so similar to us, that's only separated from us about 15,000 years ago, that's us," he said.

Hmm, I remember saying the same thing over in the Sasquatch DNA thread, Post #47:

15,000 years ago the only hominin species left was us. So any group that broke off that far back were modern humans to begin with.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#47    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postkeninsc, on 15 February 2013 - 08:13 AM, said:

The most likely interpretation is that the samples were contaminated. Whatever the sample originally was — Bigfoot, bear, human or something else — it's possible that the people who collected and handled the specimens (mostly Bigfoot buffs with little or no forensic evidence-gathering training) accidentally introduced their DNA into the sample, which can easily occur with something as innocent as a spit, sneeze or cough.

And that's reason number 68 for why you shouldn't have amateurs collecting scientific evidence.

#48    HollyDolly

HollyDolly

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

This morning on KSAT12 they are going to have a story to night in regards to Bigfoot. Some self proclaimed Bigfoot Stalker says he has proof  about Bigfoot running around south Texas.I may have to wait  to watch what they saycan't seem to find out much more on it from their website.

#49    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

• "I'm an optimistic, don't know." Onslow

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

View PostHollyDolly, on 15 February 2013 - 06:30 PM, said:

This morning on KSAT12 they are going to have a story to night in regards to Bigfoot. Some self proclaimed Bigfoot Stalker says he has proof  about Bigfoot running around south Texas.I may have to wait  to watch what they saycan't seem to find out much more on it from their website.

I couldn't find anything. But I did find Bigfoot, Texas. (but named for a famous Texas Ranger not a hairy giant)

Keep your eyes wide open and don't run!

P.S. Just to be clear, because sometimes I am not. I do not believe...
in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#50    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I'll never trust again...until next time...

in the existence of a large previously unknown undiscovered hairy biped roaming North America.
But I like to hear the accounts, read the books, watch the shows, discuss and argue about the phenomenon.

#51    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:15 AM

View PostQuiteContrary, on 15 February 2013 - 06:56 PM, said:

I'll never trust again...until next time...

Yeah, me too. These people just toy with our heartstrings like we're cheap guitars then just toss us in the closet until they're ready to play us again.....and again.....and again.

#52    Asadora

Asadora

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:33 AM

Well, if this is true, then let us hope we do not find any evidence of this DNA in our frozen food departments.

:tu:

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#53    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

• The problem with people who have no vices is that generally you can be pretty sure they're going to have some pretty annoying virtues. Liz Taylor

Posted 16 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

Picky....picky.....picky.

Shoot, we been eating horse meat for God knows how long, what's a little Bigfoot?

#54    kapow53

kapow53

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 103 posts

• Kapow

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:57 PM

I could find one w infra red in one pm shift if they were real.

#55    BCMountains

BCMountains

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

kapow53: That is what I am telling everyone! FLIR, nothing can hide anymore!

#56    andy hair candy

andy hair candy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 74 posts

• slowly slipping away...

Posted 17 February 2013 - 02:17 AM

50,000 of them? Kind of hard to sweep that under the rug... How do you hide 50,000 eight foot humanoids?

#57    tantalusw

tantalusw

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again why does no one every set up a search line with a bunch of dogs with a group a couple miles down wind those dogs would run everything out of the woods right into the other search line

#58    QuiteContrary

QuiteContrary

BugWhisperer

• 4,477 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

View Posttantalusw, on 17 February 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

I've asked it before and I'll ask it again why does no one every set up a search line with a bunch of dogs with a group a couple miles down wind those dogs would run everything out of the woods right into the other search line

A couple problems with that:
1. Dogs are terrified of bigfoot and run the opposite direction
2. Bigfoot live underground and so would simply escape, thusly
3.4.5. Bigfoot climb trees, teleport, use infrasound to confuse pursuers
6. Where to set this up? You would have to have the dozens of dogs/people on hand, immediately following a sighting.
Otherwise, smart bigfoot would get the jump on you and be long gone or migrated on or at least out be of "flushing" range

Anyway, I'm sure there are plenty more excuses that can be thought up...no offense to your idea. It is just how
the game is played.

Edited by QuiteContrary, 17 February 2013 - 06:23 PM.

#59    Sparkcool

Sparkcool

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 09:54 PM

50,000 individuals roaming the wilderness of North America.OK, and no one has ever seen one???

#60    keninsc

keninsc

Poltergeist

• Validating
  • 3,234 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:03 PM

View PostSparkcool, on 11 March 2013 - 09:54 PM, said:

50,000 individuals roaming the wilderness of North America.OK, and no one has ever seen one???

Plenty of people have seen them, just no one can prove they're there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users