Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Largest animal on Earth found

UtahRaptor

20 minutes ago I recieved word from my brother's, coworker's, son who works for the government. There is a fossilized animal that has been found a few days ago perhapse in Arizona being excavated that breaks all records. As of yet only part of the skull and neck has been uncovered. The skull alone is calculated to be about 30 feet high, 60 feet long and 20 feet wide. Now if you are to use a tyranosaur as a size model this creature can be up to 200 feet long or larger. Body length alone without the tail can be as massive as 180 feet long. From nose to tail the whole creature perhapse being 250 feet +. Of coarse my guesses could be wrong. This could concievable crunch a T-rex and slurp it down as easily as we can do with pasta. I do not know when this news will be released to the rest of the world or even if it will considering it breaks all cosceptual reality of animals on Earth. It simply does not belong here at all. I am assuming that this would be a carnavore of unreal power, weight and size. Unfortunatly I have no further information since it is 3rd hand info. There is a chance that it may not even be real, but considering this is my brother I have heard this from I highly doubt its a fake. He is as serious about accumulateing factual knowledge as I am. I will be getting more on this in another few days. Hopefully I will get a copy of the original E-mail and perhapse a few pictures. I will create another thread when I have gathered more info if any of you are at all interested. To me this little scrap of info is earthshattering and very exciting. I can't wait to hear more of this animal.

Edited by UtahRaptor

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DigitalDreamer

• The Skeptic Eric Raven

• WiCkEdWENDIGO

• DemonWatcher

20 minutes ago I recieved word from my brother's, coworker's, son who works for the government. There is a fossilized animal that has been found a few days ago perhapse in Arizona being excavated that breaks all records. As of yet only part of the skull and neck has been uncovered. The skull alone is calculated to be about 30 feet high, 60 feet long and 20 feet wide. Now if you are to use a tyranosaur as a size model this creature can be up to 200 feet long or larger. Body length alone without the tail can be as massive as 180 feet long. From nose to tail the whole creature perhapse being 250 feet +. Of coarse my guesses could be wrong. This could concievable crunch a T-rex and slurp it down as easily as we can do with pasta. I do not know when this news will be released to the rest of the world or even if it will considering it breaks all cosceptual reality of animals on Earth. It simply does not belong here at all. I am assuming that this would be a carnavore of unreal power, weight and size. Unfortunatly I have no further information since it is 3rd hand info. There is a chance that it may not even be real, but considering this is my brother I have heard this from I highly doubt its a fake. He is as serious about accumulateing factual knowledge as I am. I will be getting more on this in another few days. Hopefully I will get a copy of the original E-mail and perhapse a few pictures. I will create another thread when I have gathered more info if any of you are at all interested. To me this little scrap of info is earthshattering and very exciting. I can't wait to hear more of this animal.

Wait so the skull is supposedly 60 feet long? I don't know about that. And you say the government is the one discovering this. Since when does the government concern itself with paleontology? And what do you mean PERHAPS in Arizona? Don't they know where they were working? LOL! This sounds a bit silly and far-fetched. No offense.

Brother's coworker's son? That's how pretty much all urban legends start......

Edited by the_scorpion

Yeah...Im sure it would have been in the news by now anyway. Any discovery of that magnitude would hit the AP in a matter of 10 minutes and on Yahoo or other various news related sites in 11.

I thought I had made myself clear. I shall say it in plain English. I do not have all the info yet. This is 3rd hand info. I will clearify everything in a few days when I have the full story hopefully including pictures.

My apologies for not stateing in the first place how this does make the brain wonder and crank. Thus it's intention....

True urban legends do start in such ways

Edited by UtahRaptor

Well, normally if someone were to post some news on the forums, as the mods also suggest, post with links, otherwise we can clearly say this is the beginning of an urban legend.

Which means you should have waited till the AP got ahold of it. What else do you expect from ppl with an outrageous claim of a skull being more than 30ft high and 60ft in length

Edited by EnJay

I thought I had made myself clear. I shall say it in plain English. I do not have all the info yet. This is 3rd hand info. I will clearify everything in a few days when I have the full story hopefully including pictures.

My apologies for not stateing in the first place how this does make the brain wonder and crank. Thus it's intention....

You mean you need time to 'manufacture' these supposed pictures ?? I'll be waiting with baited breath...... :)

My nephews sister's ex-wife's son's uncle's grandfather's auntie (who happens to be a gynecologist) said that the largestest animal was diskovered 20 years ago in a place perhaps around or slightly nearby Tennessee.

So thar.

You mean you need time to 'manufacture' these supposed pictures ?? I'll be waiting with baited breath...... :)

*closes photoshop* damn, now what am I suppose to do with my spare time? <_<

Maybe you're having your leg pulled UtahRaptor. I'll reserve judgement on whether you're pulling ours... for now B)

This could concievable crunch a T-rex and slurp it down as easily as we can do with pasta. I do not know when this news will be released to the rest of the world or even if it will considering it breaks all cosceptual reality of animals on Earth. It simply does not belong here at all. I am assuming that this would be a carnavore of unreal power, weight and size.

Actually any animal that large would probably be a marine herbivore. If it were a carnivore it would have to hunt and successfully catch every animal it ever came across...

Actually any animal that large would probably be a marine herbivore. If it were a carnivore it would have to hunt and successfully catch every animal it ever came across...

Not to mention the fact that it wouldn't even be able to stand up. He is, basically, describing Godzilla. It is {frigging} ridiculous. But I don't know if he is playing us for fools or if someone played him for a fool.

I shall say it in plain English. This is 3rd hand info.
You also said "in plain english":

20 minutes ago I recieved word from my brother's, coworker's, son who works for the government
And that would make it 1st hand info. Otherwise you would have said "20 minutes ago I received word from my brother who had heard from his coworker who had heard from his son that secret goverment agents had discovered Godzilla".

Well, consider this one nipped in the bud.

Then right now it is pretty much just a story. A tease. :no:

Aren't you the guy who said he found Atlantis? Are you like a chronic liar?

:P:tu:

My nephews sister's ex-wife's son's uncle's grandfather's auntie (who happens to be a gynecologist) said that the largestest animal was diskovered 20 years ago in a place perhaps around or slightly nearby Tennessee.

So thar.

:lol::D:lol::D:lol::D:tu:

*closes photoshop* damn, now what am I suppose to do with my spare time? <_<

Maybe you're having your leg pulled UtahRaptor. I'll reserve judgement on whether you're pulling ours... for now B)

:tu::yes::tu::yes:

Yea you need to get more information on that. Remember this is a Paranormal site so without proof, everyone is gonna think your full of...well you know. Hell, even if you do get proof I guarantee alot of people still aren't gonna believe you unless they see it for themselves. If it is in fact true, I cant wait till you can post some pic's or a website link :tsu:

The pic doesn't look so

O.K Guys, enough with the jokes. I found the skull picture. :lol:

That has got to be the biggest penny ever :w00t:

They found one off the coast of Japan before! linked-image Maybe it ate all the other dinosaurs?

Nothing that long lives on land,Its improbable/impossible,My sisters,wifes,friends,dogs,ex-husbands,best friends,dentists,wifes kids,dogs,cats,frogs,owls,whales,cookie monsters best firends uncle told me so.

Edited by DigitalDreamer

I am having a hard time with this story...and starting to see a trend too...

The physics of a land animal that large are the problem and have been discussed quite a bit; so I will just have to not hold my breath for this press release as I dont feel we are getting the whole truth...

*slaps forehead*

So now you've got information on a colossal dinosaur, and definitive proof of the location of Atlantis, but....you can't tell us quite yet.

I'm predicting a few more outlandish topics by you soon.

I'm sorry, I know this has been said, but you REALLY need more information before you post topics about finds.

Oh, BTW, I found definitive proof of God, but, uh, I can't quite post it yet.

A little bit of biophysics shows such a creature is impossible. Mass increases with the cube of linear size... but bone strength and muscle power only increases with the square. Lets do a quick calculation:

A Tyrannosaurus is about 30 feet long and 10 feet high. This alleged "fossil" is 250 feet long. Thats a factor of over 8. Lets assume some adaptations lowering the height of the creature; make it's average linear size a factor of 5 more than the T. Rex.

5 times the linear size means 5*5*5 = 125 the mass.

Bones and muscles the same PROPORTIONAL size would be 5*5 = 25 times the cross-sectional area - meaning they would need to be 5 times as strong per cross sectional area to support this creature's weight.

Assuming bones and muscles the same strength, you would need unworkably wide bones and muscles that would be almost the entire mass of the organism, if not more, to make it be even able to move.

Blood volume, for complicated reasons I won't get into right now involving the fractal nature of blood vessels, increases with the (4/3) power of mass. So, while being 125 times the mass of a T. Rex, it would need 625 times the blood... thats 5x the blood per unit volume a T. Rex would have. And lets not even THINK about the heart such a creature would need to pump all of that, against gravity to boot.