Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Pay as you go

cerberusxp

Filibusters are supposed to be restricted to budget matters only. Here is what he is doing LINKY. Obama about one year ago to the day announced a pay as you go plan (means no bill to be passed unless it is PAYED for) and it passed just last week. He said last year that fiscal responsibility will be key to our economy. Look how well he has handled that. LOL Now the Dems are using emotional propaganda to bust Bunnings balls for standing up for the Dems own bill! What hypocrisy!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ignus Fatuus

• Startraveler

• Tsukasa

• danielost

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunning voted against the PAYGO resolution. FYI.

I'm a conservative (doesn't mean I associate with the republican party who the majority are actually selfish liberals, no not all liberals are totally selfish) and this is a check and mate.

Doesn't mean a thing he voted party line. Like I said he is just trying to hold them to their WORD. We have to start somewhere. Your grand children are on the hook for all the spending, the Chinese and the Europeans both are telling Obama to chill out on spending.

I am not left nor right I'm stuck in the middle between leftist statists and Rhino's who pretend to be conservative.

If every bill comes down to being an emotional vote where do you think we are going to end up? Hmm?

Edited by cerberusxp

Doesn't mean a thing.

I thought deficit hypocrisy was the point of this thread? If it "doesn't mean a thing" then why did you even post this?

Let's look back a bit. Here's Bunning voting for Medicare Part D--a deficit-financed entitlement expansion--in 2003. Here he is in 2001 voting for deficit-financed tax cuts. Here he is in 2002 voting for a deficit-financed military incursion into Iraq (and here he is in 2003 voting for deficit spending to fund that war).

Who cares what Jim Bunning thinks about deficit reduction? He hasn't shown much interest in it to date.

OK OK so I didn't check his record. So he is just another rhino. Well he is gone anyway (retiring).

OK OK so I didn't check his record. So he is just another rhino. Well he is gone anyway (retiring).

"Well he is gone anyway" ... and exactly why we need to pay attention to why he did what he did. Being from Kentucky does not mean a thing as I never voted for the man and have only voted for a Republican twice in my entire 18 years of voting. With this said, he stands to lose nothing for standing his ground and trying to do the right thing. All I have seen are Killer Bees coming out of the "woodwork" to attack and kill him for doing such a thing.

He knew that he was throwing himself to the wolves. He knew he would be attacked, hated and slandered all to hell. So why would he do such a thing??? Many here need to check their political religion and start thinking outside of the box. It is so in our faces that both the left and the right as of late have been nothing but wrong. He also has pointed out many examples of why his vote was the right thing to do.

God help us all ... with a silent majority and a nuisance of far left/right hatreds, this country is doomed to fail. One ... "ONE" makes his stand and all hell breaks loose. Just exactly who's Cherrios did Bunning take a p*** in??? Not the peoples as he knew the hell coming to him. Yet, almost nobody has a clue and will believe the herders who control all the sheep.

What a damn shame!!!!

Bunning voted against the PAYGO resolution. FYI.

Do you support the democrats ignoring their own PAYGO resolution that they just passed and Obama just signed? Which is exactly what the democrats did.

All Bunning did was try to hold the Democrats to their word, unsurprisingly they ignored their own proclamations, promises, and everything else about making sure every dollar of spending was paid for and just did what their agenda called for anyway without following the rules that they themselves put into place.

Do you support the democrats ignoring their own PAYGO resolution that they just passed and Obama just signed? Which is exactly what the democrats did.

The $10 billion in the bill was designated as emergency spending (i.e. not subject to PAYGO), as several million people were about to lose their unemployment benefits. Do I support extending unemployment benefits in the middle of these kinds of precarious economic conditions? Of course.

Do I support extending unemployment benefits in the middle of these kinds of precarious economic conditions? Of course.

Well that's great. But I did not ask if you supported extending the benefits did I?

I could've sworn you were talking about "exactly what the democrats did." Which was pass emergency legislation extending unemployment compensation.

Yes, I support that.

I could've sworn you were talking about "exactly what the democrats did." Which was pass emergency legislation extending unemployment compensation.

Yes, I support that.

I asked if you supported the Democrats sidestepping their own rules.

I don't know why you insist on making me repeat things over and over. Emergency legislation isn't subject to PAYGO rules. By designating this bill as emergency legislation, they were acting within the rules.

If you're asking whether I support ignoring PAYGO for nonemergency legislation, the answer is no. That would be illegal. But in this case time was very clearly a factor and I have no problem with an emergency designation.

I don't know why you insist on making me repeat things over and over. Emergency legislation isn't subject to PAYGO rules. By designating this bill as emergency legislation, they were acting within the rules.

If you're asking whether I support ignoring PAYGO for nonemergency legislation, the answer is no. That would be illegal. But in this case time was very clearly a factor and I have no problem with an emergency designation.

I fail to see how a temporary benefit expiring is a national emergency. Now if another hurricane hit New Orleans causing massive destruction, that would be an emergency, I do not see how a temporary benefit expiring is a national emergency.

That's right up there with saying that 200,000 people don't have cars, so the government is going to buy cars for them, and calling that a national emergency so PAYGO does not apply to it.

I still have not been given a reply ... what gives???

Do you not want to argue with my point??? I can understand why. I am attacking both the left and the right and would expect nothing less!!!

Please ... come get some!!! I for one will "NOT" allow the twenty percent of far right/left extremists to hurt my family ... no, never, forget it!!!

Why do others on this forum not agree with me??? Maybe because I represent the 80% who are silent and in the middle and not you screwnuts who defend your side like it is your mother!!!

You do not take me seriously???? Why should you??? Fear of your ideology losing its power??? I say screw both you left/right extremists and I will defend my nation as our forefathers intended. COME AND GET SOME!!!!

Both sides of these issues have their rights and wrongs!!! Yet, until the wrongs are corrected and the rights are seen as common sense, this nation can kiss it's donk goodbye. Period "." Exclamation "!" ... no quesion "?" about this one.

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

Did you make a point somewhere between the punctuation marks?

Do you not want to argue with my point??? I can understand why. I am attacking both the left and the right and would expect nothing less!!!

Please ... come get some!!! I for one will "NOT" allow the twenty percent of far right/left extremists to hurt my family ... no, never, forget it!!!

Why do others on this forum not agree with me??? Maybe because I represent the 80% who are silent and in the middle and not you screwnuts who defend your side like it is your mother!!!

You do not take me seriously???? Why should you??? Fear of your ideology losing its power??? I say screw both you left/right extremists and I will defend my nation as our forefathers intended. COME AND GET SOME!!!!

Both sides of these issues have their rights and wrongs!!! Yet, until the wrongs are corrected and the rights are seen as common sense, this nation can kiss it's donk goodbye. Period "." Exclamation "!" ... no quesion "?" about this one.

I agree with you, I just don't see the point to posting a post with 4 words in it (I 1, agree 2, with 3, you 4). I think the democrats made it an emergency bill so they could get around the PAYGO they just passed. Unless someone is going to die its not an emergency, especially when it comes to a benefit that is temporary.

Don't expect to get massive kudos from a group that is silent. They are called the silent majority for a reason.

I agree with you, I just don't see the point to posting a post with 4 words in it (I 1, agree 2, with 3, you 4). I think the democrats made it an emergency bill so they could get around the PAYGO they just passed. Unless someone is going to die its not an emergency, especially when it comes to a benefit that is temporary.

Don't expect to get massive kudos from a group that is silent. They are called the silent majority for a reason.

The silent majority .. yes I know and this is a factor in my inner battles as of late. For example I watched Glenn Beck years ago when he was on CNN Headline News and disagreed to the point I became angry ... and he proved me wrong. Not on all points, yet a few.

Someone is not going to die??? Not an emergency??? We are failing ... fast and its not an emergency?!? Temporary is all that it would take ... hope I am wrong!!! Hope I am "DEAD" wrong!!! Yet, we are like a heated pussycat in the yard of Tom ... screwed without proper understanding on how to get out of this mess. How? Well for one p*** off the coorperations in control and then p*** off those sitting on their tail benifiting from the hard work of those making minimum wage.

I have been recently spared death not once but twice and yes I could be still a little broken ... went into a diabetic coma two weeks ago today and wrecked on a parkway. Car was nearly torn in two, yet I was out of the hospital in a day!!! Two days before this I was in a coma for over ten hours in the living room until being found "ALL" due to the fact that the pharmacy gave me the wrong insulin which was five times stronger than wht I should have been prescribed ... had some short term memory loss and yes this "could" be brain damage, yet .. right/left or worse the worst wrong, I have been thinking differently as of sudden late.

Bottleneck extinctions have in theory happened many times in our human history ... could it happen with the help .. ummm hurt of humankind??? Never been a religious person, yet now as I think about it, what the hell is going on!!! We humans cannot continue this carnage ... or is this just "not too common sense???"

"FIND OUT WHAT YOU AGREE ON AND GO WITH THIS!!!!" Solve these problems first then tackle the big ones!!! It's like a donkey farm with one donkey surrounded by Lions ... "its your ass"!!! Or you can throw out the dead carcus's of the many dead "asses and elephants" before and compromise. Yet ... this is just my opinion .... yet, ask the question, WHY NOT??? .. compromise???

Our forefathers found a way too!!!!

Edited by Ignus Fatuus

I thought deficit hypocrisy was the point of this thread? If it "doesn't mean a thing" then why did you even post this?

Let's look back a bit. Here's Bunning voting for Medicare Part D--a deficit-financed entitlement expansion--in 2003. Here he is in 2001 voting for deficit-financed tax cuts. Here he is in 2002 voting for a deficit-financed military incursion into Iraq (and here he is in 2003 voting for deficit spending to fund that war).

Who cares what Jim Bunning thinks about deficit reduction? He hasn't shown much interest in it to date.

So he comes to his senses.

And you want him to continue on with the past?

what kind of legislation isnt an emergency.

and that means he cant call them to task for breaking their own rules.

Since they make the rules ... how can they break them??? They just change them.

Whomever stated that rules were meant to be broke obviously knew our current federal government!!!

This will teach anyone else to make a stand for the common good ... :tu:

Since they make the rules ... how can they break them??? They just change them.

Whomever stated that rules were meant to be broke obviously knew our current federal government!!!

This will teach anyone else to make a stand for the common good ... :tu:

is he making a stand for the common good or what is right?

is he making a stand for the common good or what is right?

That I do not know ... all I know is that he knew what was coming and knew he was throwing himself to the wolves, plus he is not seeking re-election.

With that said, what has happened??? He not only put himself in a bad situation but also in harms way. Not only himself but also his family.

He either had the balls to do so, or he is totally nuts!!! What say you???

Lol. I feel your pain. The problem is that most of the louder members of this forum really don't want to react to the middle ground of their fights. Good example: My first post about Global Warming was along these lines: Argument irrelevant, most of what they're asking us to do, outside the Carbon Tax BS, is stuff we /need/ to do whether the sky is falling or not. Know how they reacted? By ignoring my post completely.

You want your words to mean something, leave the forums. It's still rare they get /anything/ done, and arguing here is doing just that, arguing.