Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

can shadow people mimic a haunting?

seekers

hello im new here, just wondering can shadow people actually mimic a haunting or do they just observe? i ask this simply because for 4 years now we have experienced activity we cannot understand and see black shadows, we have never seen anything other than shadows, no old lady in period clothing etc.. i understand people need more info but at the moment all im gona say is we have 3 young boys, the youngest only being 7 months old and we need help, i could spend hours describing the activity that has happened, but just a very brief description would be the usual jazz:

things going missing - things might be in different places and things have never been found again

toys playing music like someone was playing with them and toys moving along the floor, rocking horse rocking with no logical explaination

footsteps, voices etc, things started progressing like being touched pushed poked and alot more there are a few things bothering me more than others, hearing my name being called when nobody would be present and it sounding like my partner, hearing growls not that often thankfully my kids have really bad nightmares about similar stuff i have dreamt about.. constant feeling of being watched etc...

we just really want anyones opinion about this stuff, and thanks in advance.

Yes they can and do haunt. All these activities can occur from that. Yes, apparitions, manifestations as ghosts or doppelgangers, Disappearing Object Phenomenon (DOP), polergeist activity, nocturnal attacks and so on.

• Like 1

Yes they can and do haunt. All these activities can occur from that. Yes, apparitions, manifestations as ghosts or doppelgangers, Disappearing Object Phenomenon (DOP), polergeist activity, nocturnal attacks and so on.

hi

thanks for replying

I'd say it was the beginning of a haunting. They have their foot in the door, but aren't fully in yet, should be easy to get rid of if you find the source they're getting in the house from.

• Like 1

Maybe shadow people and ghosts are the same thing and for some reason they just don't want to project an image of a person.

• Like 1

Maybe shadow people and ghosts are the same thing and for some reason they just don't want to project an image of a person.

Or maybe it's like I keep telling people... They're demons that can take any friggin' form they want. Seriously people, there's just way too much evidence for this...

Apparently yours though don't care to take any real form. The only way to get rid of them is to command them to go in the name of Jesus Christ. (note, one must actually be one of his followers for this to work) Best of luck, I'll be prayin' for you and your family...

Agreed, and to add onto this it's probably only the fact that they don't have enough influence from whatever's keeping them there that makes it so they don't assume a form like you would expect.

• Like 1

I'd say it was the beginning of a haunting. They have their foot in the door, but aren't fully in yet, should be easy to get rid of if you find the source they're getting in the house from.

hi shadowx

thanks for your input id just like to ask you how or what way can they be removed, the house has been blessed, we have burned sage throughout the house and we are completely out of ideas at this stage.

thanks

hi hilander

thanks for your reply, after doing much research on them i wouldnt be surprised, they could be anything....but i do know at one stage i seen my niece walk down the hall when in fact she was in the living room and wasnt walking down the hall so that has puzzled me.

thanks

Or maybe it's like I keep telling people... They're demons that can take any friggin' form they want. Seriously people, there's just way too much evidence for this...

Apparently yours though don't care to take any real form. The only way to get rid of them is to command them to go in the name of Jesus Christ. (note, one must actually be one of his followers for this to work) Best of luck, I'll be prayin' for you and your family...

hi aquila

thanks for your reply, can i just ask and i really hope your wrong..... what makes you think they are demons? i know people have alot of different opinions on what they are and i have heard other people say the same as yourself but im just hoping they arnt. on a few different occassions we have had to command them/it to leave and this has also led me to believe that whatever is here is obviously afraid of the name jesus and so on.. but if you have any links you would like to share about shadow people being demons please do if you dont mind, the more information we have the better.

and thank you for your prayers.

No, they can't. It's in the rules.

hi supervike

thanks for your input, but unless im taking this the wrong way there is no need for sarcasim

Edited by seekers

Maybe shadow people and ghosts are the same thing.....

If you meen IMAGINARY, then yes.

hi shadowx

thanks for your input id just like to ask you how or what way can they be removed, the house has been blessed, we have burned sage throughout the house and we are completely out of ideas at this stage.

thanks

*shrugs*, the fact that you blessed your house probably means that what's keeping them there is an item or area of the house itself that symbolizes what once happened there. Purify that area or item, and they'll probably disappear once banished from that point on. Don't use mediums, spiritualists, or witches to do this, it'll most likely just make it worse later on.

I know ways to get them out of an area or block them, but those things kinda revolve around being a Christian.

hi aquila

thanks for your reply, can i just ask and i really hope your wrong..... what makes you think they are demons? i know people have alot of different opinions on what they are and i have heard other people say the same as yourself but im just hoping they arnt. on a few different occassions we have had to command them/it to leave and this has also led me to believe that whatever is here is obviously afraid of the name jesus and so on.. but if you have any links you would like to share about shadow people being demons please do if you dont mind, the more information we have the better.

and thank you for your prayers.

I had similar experience to yours for years, the toys, the nightmares, the shadows, the growling, hearing the voice of people I knew that werent there etc... I mean everything just about exactly as you describe. In the end a team of demons became visible and were destroyed by the power of the holy spirit also in visible form which appeared as a radiant white light. After this the haunting and the nightmares stopped. I would have go agree with the others that this is demons. Ask god to help you and make sure theres nothing going on that is attracting them... I will pray for you too..

The only way to get rid of them is to command them to go in the name of Jesus Christ. (note, one must actually be one of his followers for this to work)

People, please don't do this. Commanding demons to begone in the name of Christ is potentially blasphemous and you endanger your soul's future by trying to invoke Christ himself into your mortal commands. Edited by Archimedes

Luke 10:19 I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes.

Luke 10:17 The seventy-two returned with joy and said, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.”

Matthew 16:19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven.

Matthew 28:18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go. . . .”

Ephesians 6:10-18 ESV / 90 helpful votes

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness,

Mark 16:16-18 ESV / 73 helpful votes

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

Acts 16:16-18 ESV / 48 helpful votes

As we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit of divination and brought her owners much gain by fortune-telling. She followed Paul and us, crying out, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who proclaim to you the way of salvation.” And this she kept doing for many days. Paul, having become greatly annoyed, turned and said to the spirit, “I command you in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her.” And it came out that very hour.

John 14:11-13 ESV / 28 helpful votes

Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father is in me, or else believe on account of the works themselves. “Truly, truly, I say to you, whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father. Whatever you ask in my name, this I will do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Yeah, why is it blasphemy again? (believe me, I can find more to)

Edited by shadowx

They seem extremely similar to active spirits except no one really has any information of their origin or essence, I don't think they are linked to the same form as human ghosts but they play a similar role to mischevious and threatening hauntings, so mimic is probably a good word. Perhaps they feed on emotions and by causing mayhem and unease it can be attractive to them to stay. I don't know why they would have targeted your particular residence as they don't seem to have attachments in the physical but then again maybe they do, no one really knows.

In your post you made no mention of wanting the activity to stop, only that you wanted opinions. I take it then that you have an interest in what is transpiring and wish to explore it. If you actually want the events to cease, let me know, and I can most definitely assist you in that endeavor.