Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

First wolf found in Holland after 150 years

wolf holland germany britain farms

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,576 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

Wolves are prowling into Western Europe in their largest numbers for more than a century after a spate of mysterious sheep massacres that has spread fear through farms across the continent.

Scientists in Holland made the revelation after a mysterious creature found dead by the side of a road was revealed to be the country's first wolf in 150 years.

Meanwhile in Germany, 50 wolf-pack raids were recorded in Germany last year alone despite the fact that the country's supposed 'last wolf' was shot dead in 1904.

http://www.dailymail...ve-Britain.html

http://www.independe...pe-8703910.html

Posted Image

#2    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostStill Waters, on 15 July 2013 - 07:12 PM, said:

Wolves are prowling into Western Europe in their largest numbers for more than a century after a spate of mysterious sheep massacres that has spread fear through farms across the continent.

Scientists in Holland made the revelation after a mysterious creature found dead by the side of a road was revealed to be the country's first wolf in 150 years.

Meanwhile in Germany, 50 wolf-pack raids were recorded in Germany last year alone despite the fact that the country's supposed 'last wolf' was shot dead in 1904.

http://www.dailymail...ve-Britain.html

http://www.independe...pe-8703910.html

I don't think it is anything to get too worried about.   All they need to do is issue hunting tags for wolves.   Keeps the population down.    If there isn't a need for them at all, open season will do it.

#3    Ashotep

Ashotep

Telekinetic

• 7,450 posts

• Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway-John Wayne

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:41 AM

I don't think I would let a few wolves worry me.

#4    Oppono Astos

Oppono Astos

Overlord of Delgon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,094 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

Am I dreaming, but wasn't there another wolf-related story about wolves in Germany posted yesterday - cannot see it now?

Who is the skeptic: the realist who won't accept belief, or the believer who won't accept reality?

#5    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:54 PM

View PostHilander, on 16 July 2013 - 12:41 AM, said:

I don't think I would let a few wolves worry me.

It may be something to wory about if you have chickens and you let them free range.   Certainly something that can change how you live,

#6    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• 1,747 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:37 AM

Good to see the wolves making a comeback. But it's just a shame man can't find a way to coexist with anything.

#7    shrooma

shrooma

doesn't have one screw fully tightened.....

• 3,570 posts

• Live.
    Sin.
    Die.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostMyles, on 15 July 2013 - 10:02 PM, said:

I don't think it is anything to get too worried about.   All they need to do is issue hunting tags for wolves.   Keeps the population down.    If there isn't a need for them at all, open season will do it.
shooting everything in sight isn't the answer.
the last time we tried that, as a way of "keeping the numbers down" we wiped them out, and i don't really think we have the right to do that.

Edited by shrooma, 17 July 2013 - 11:00 AM.

- - - - -disclaimer- - - - -
all posts- without exception- are humourous.
if you fail to grasp the sublety, then don't whine on due to your lack of understanding.

#8    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

View Postshrooma, on 17 July 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

shooting everything in sight isn't the answer.
the last time we tried that, as a way of "keeping the numbers down" we wiped them out, and i don't really think we have the right to do that.
I think we have the right.
Never said shoot everything in sight.    What gave you that idea? Issuing a determined number of tags will work well.  Let the experts monitor the population.   Too many wolves is worse than no wolves.   The idea is to keep a happy number somewhere in the middle.

#9    Frank Merton

Frank Merton

Blue fish

• 14,363 posts

• fmerton.blogspot.com

Posted 17 July 2013 - 12:43 PM

Wolves in Holland?  Have you any idea how densely populated that place is?  Next it will be wolves in Hong Kong.

#10    msmike1

msmike1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

The wolves are just doing what wolves do. Living, eating, etc,.. If you leave a small population of animals alone for a while in a prime habitat they will regenerate their populations. 100 yrs ago that would have been fine, but now with humans moving into every corner of the globe people/wolf interactions will become more common. Especially when livestock is involved. Wolves are not stupid, they will take an easy meal when presented with one and sheep and livestock present them with one. As populations of both wolves, humans, and therefore livestock increase a happy  medium has to be reached for the sake of the livestock, humans, and wolves. In my opinion a controlled number of tags to kill a wolf could be issued after a conclusion has been come to on the population density of the wolves. This way the owners of the livestock could legally take a certain number of wolves every year without damaging the overall population.

Mike

#11    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:15 PM

I agree Mike.
Where I live, the deer population needs to be controlled every year.

#12    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:23 PM

Why are wolves seen as a problem other than to farmers? They're not going to go out of their way and break in to anyones house and steal their stuff. Personally, I'd love wolves in Australia. Oh wait, Dingos.

Actually, I'd love it if every time someone said 'wolf' pictures of it snarling didn't go with it. Cause you know, there's more to a species than it being aggressive.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#13    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:09 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 17 July 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Why are wolves seen as a problem other than to farmers? They're not going to go out of their way and break in to anyones house and steal their stuff. Personally, I'd love wolves in Australia. Oh wait, Dingos.

Actually, I'd love it if every time someone said 'wolf' pictures of it snarling didn't go with it. Cause you know, there's more to a species than it being aggressive.
They will attack other animals than livestock.    They are a predator.

#14    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

Psychic Spy

• 1,202 posts

• I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostMyles, on 17 July 2013 - 03:09 PM, said:

They will attack other animals than livestock. They are a predator.

Just like humans, eh?

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#15    Myles

Myles

Alien Abducter

• 4,501 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:22 PM

View PostZaraKitty, on 17 July 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Just like humans, eh?

Pretty much.   But humans have the ability to stop the wolves.

Also tagged with wolf, holland, germany, britain, farms

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users