Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 3 votes

Pagan Practices 101

• Please log in to reply
249 replies to this topic

#166    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

• Potter: " is this real or is this in my mind?"

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:27 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 11 October 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Is it wrong to play poker with your tarot deck? It was they only deck I took camping.
Camping? Not as long as you had just a tad captin.. ;)

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#167    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

Overlord A. Snuffleupagus

• 8,266 posts

• ~So what's all this then ?!

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:52 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 11 October 2012 - 08:08 PM, said:

Is it wrong to play poker with your tarot deck? It was they only deck I took camping.

Well the common deck is derived from the tarot ,so naaahh.
It maybe should be cleansed though ,if too many hands touched all the cards .
Sleep with it under your pillow for a week,and then sage it .

Miss me?

#168    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

Bio-Electric sentient being.

• 9,781 posts

• May the laughter ye give today return to thee 3 fold.

Posted 13 October 2012 - 04:43 AM

New moon, went out to the woods doing magic with friends.  New moon is when you do spells of things you want to grow and increase. Good time to plant.  Full moon is for things you want to decrease.  Say you want to rid yourself of something negative.  Full moon is a good time to do it.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#169    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:53 AM

Hi Simbi,

Last year a friend started a web-site and asked me to write about calendar astrology, so all papers with icons at the top of the page are written by myself, sadly in the end my friend didn't want to continue, so is just a wordpress, however i thought you would find the information interesting, especially the icon on top of page called "England and American Colonies Adopt Gregorian Calendar", just left click on it to get information, as it involves U.S.

Link below, i thought you would find it interesting:-

http://wintertriangle.wordpress.com/

#170    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 02:02 PM

Hi Simbi,

Keep your eye on new thread below, i may wait a long time for reply ha ha!  If not i have a lot in reserve, obviously a message from one astrologer to another ha ha!

We will see in time, however i expect and require reply!

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=236101

#171    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:46 PM

Today is All Saints Day ,and tomorrow is All Souls Day.

All Souls Day is the same day as the day of celebration for The Ghede ,in the voodoo tradition .
The Ghede are considered death loas ,but this is not entirely true .

It is true,some of the Ghede have dark sides,but they can be petitioned for healings,even in terminal cases.
It is said in New Orleans,the Ghede have healed dying people ,in cases of sincere petition

The three Barons ,are Baron Cimitere,Baron La Croix ,and of course ,Baron Samedi .
There are other Ghede ,who are lesser deities .
Of these Ghede Nibo ,is a favorite for healing ,and with gay men . He is described as very effeminate ,with a high nasal voice.
He started as a human however. He was violently murdered ,and when his soul came to the other side,Baron Samedi and Maman Brigitte,adopted him,as their son .

http://thisisanemerg...ay-of-the-dead/

Edited by Simbi Laveau, 01 November 2012 - 10:53 PM.

Miss me?

#172    monk 56

monk 56

Psychic Spy

• 1,012 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:00 PM

Hi Simbi,

This week going forward is busy for me, but if when ready i show stuff about Haiti, i'm not being spiteful, but showing European influence, they are very poor being the first black democracy, in history it made them poor because Europe regarded them to be avoided, and i feel for them that the effects of the earthquake still means that many of them still live in tents!

#173    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,781 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:21 PM

Haiti is what happens when you cut down all your trees and your soil runs off into the sea.  You destroy your farmland along with your fisheries.   Sad really, kind of like what happen to Easter Island.  People are  doing this all over the world, Haiti is just what will evenually happen to the planet. On top of everything else they go going on they are 80% Catholic.  So, Birth control is out.  

Part of being a Neo Pagan is to be eco minded.  I do the best I can, with it.  I do my best to recycle and reuse. Even though I am disabled and don't have a dishwasher I don't use paper plates and plastic forks and spoons.  When I buy stuff I am aware of over packaging by companies and I try to buy things in bulk or in reusable packages. I even write them letters and complain about the how much packaging they use. I don't drive much and use my electric scooter when I can. I plant native plants in my yard.  The Earth is our Mother, we must take care of Her.

"The moment you declare a set of ideas to be immune from criticism, satire, derision, or contempt, freedom of thought becomes impossible." Salman Rushdie

#174    Simbi Laveau

Simbi Laveau

• 8,266 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:57 AM

View PostDarkwind, on 02 November 2012 - 08:21 PM, said:

Haiti is what happens when you cut down all your trees and your soil runs off into the sea.  You destroy your farmland along with your fisheries.   Sad really, kind of like what happen to Easter Island.  People are  doing this all over the world, Haiti is just what will evenually happen to the planet. On top of everything else they go going on they are 80% Catholic.  So, Birth control is out.  

Part of being a Neo Pagan is to be eco minded.  I do the best I can, with it.  I do my best to recycle and reuse. Even though I am disabled and don't have a dishwasher I don't use paper plates and plastic forks and spoons.  When I buy stuff I am aware of over packaging by companies and I try to buy things in bulk or in reusable packages. I even write them letters and complain about the how much packaging they use.      I don't drive much and use my electric scooter when I can. I plant native plants in my yard.  The Earth is our Mother, we must take care of Her.

I compost ,recycle ,feed the animals outside .I reuse any plastics I end up with in the house ,in numerous ways . I actually am trying to figure a way to use plastic bags,for something useful . I have a few ideas ,as plastic bags are the bane of the earth .

Miss me?

#175    GreenmansGod

GreenmansGod

• 9,781 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 10:29 AM

I want to get a composter. Maybe I'll ask for one for Yule. I think I saw someone weaving plastic bags in to rugs. Mine end up, I hate to say, as poop bags for the dog and cat. Most of the time I carry reusable bags, they don't brake halfway home from the store.

Check out this site.   http://www.plasticbagcrafts.com/

#176    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Dumbledore: " Of course it's in your mind....., but that dosn't mean it's not real."

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:07 PM

Carbon cycle. All organic materials goes in the chicken coup. They make eggs eat what they want and constantly turn the soil.  Then in a year I take all the soil out and replace it with soil from the garden. The new compost is rich and everything grows in it. I leave the wild foods that grow in my garden and eat them as vegetables. Plantains, prickly lettuce, thistles, chickeweds, and others. In edible weeds go in the chicken coup.

I have fat and happy chickens.that get to be working members and producers in my little permaculture set up.

There is no better composter than a chicken coup, and you get eggs out of it, and if you rotate topsoil in your chickens get rid of pests.

Edited by Seeker79, 03 November 2012 - 02:08 PM.

"I wish neither to possess, Nor to be possessed. I no longer covet paradise, more important, I no longer fear hell. The medicine for my suffering I had within me from the very beginning, but I did not take it. My ailment came from within myself, But I did not observe it until this moment. Now I see that I will never find the light.  Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel, Consuming myself. "
Bruce Lee-

#177    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:11 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 November 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

I compost ,recycle ,feed the animals outside .I reuse any plastics I end up with in the house ,in numerous ways . I actually am trying to figure a way to use plastic bags,for something useful . I have a few ideas ,as plastic bags are the bane of the earth .
Cut them into strips, use a reverse twist cordage makeing and use them for rope. Just an idea. I made a bow string from plastic bags once.

Bruce Lee-

#178    rashore

rashore

Telekinetic

• 7,021 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:08 PM

View PostSimbi Laveau, on 03 November 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

If you are crafty, you could try your hand at plastic bag fusing... You can make material by ironing layers of plastic together, and make pretty much anything out of the stuff that you can dream up. Depending on how many layers you fuse, you can sew it like fabric, or if you are handy with an iron, do fused seams on everything.
Or you can make plastic yarn, useful to crochet into pot scrubbers. Or kind of anything else you could make with yarn I guess.

#179    redhen

redhen

Poltergeist

• 2,825 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:54 PM

I have a question.  Where do you get your religious authority or validation from? I've read through some neo-Greek reconstructionist websites and many of their foundational documents are dubious. There certainly are some extant ancient Greek and Roman texts that detail some of the rituals but I don't think it's enough to weave a whole religion out of.

The case for historically correct pagan teachings and practices is weak. There is still much debate over established religious teachings and ritual, i.e. Christianity, Buddhism, etc. And this is with copious amounts of ancient texts.

I guess what I am asking is, what are your authentic scriptures, and how do you know they are authentic?

As far as I know, European pagan practices died out in the early 15h century (Lithuania being the last holdout). Do you have access to some hitherto unknown ancient documents from 500 years ago, or do you simply make up your rituals to suit your tastes?

#180    White Crane Feather

White Crane Feather

Forum Divinity

• 11,503 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:34 PM

View Postredhen, on 03 November 2012 - 03:54 PM, said:

I have a question.  Where do you get your religious authority or validation from? I've read through some neo-Greek reconstructionist websites and many of their foundational documents are dubious. There certainly are some extant ancient Greek and Roman texts that detail some of the rituals but I don't think it's enough to weave a whole religion out of.

The case for historically correct pagan teachings and practices is weak. There is still much debate over established religious teachings and ritual, i.e. Christianity, Buddhism, etc. And this is with copious amounts of ancient texts.

I guess what I am asking is, what are your authentic scriptures, and how do you know they are authentic?

As far as I know, European pagan practices died out in the early 15h century (Lithuania being the last holdout). Do you have access to some hitherto unknown ancient documents from 500 years ago, or do you simply make up your rituals to suit your tastes?
What's wrong with makeing up your own rituals?

Bruce Lee-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users