Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

WH Posts Vids of kids begging for gun control

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#46    Aus Der Box Skeptisch

Aus Der Box Skeptisch

apologist by opinion

• 2,766 posts
  • Location:arizona (originally the wisconsin/minnesota area eh!)

• Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned. ―Siddhārtha Gautama

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I've noticed those for gun control tend to live in the city where when they hear a gunshot its typically a negative. Those who are typically for no restrictions what so ever tend to be military or rural citizens who have experience around firearms and when a shot is fired usually it means a target or legal game has been shot. Which is a positive.
Ergo. Environment familiarity and education are the major determining factors in which people base their stance on.
Just observation.

"Though I stand in opposition to you, I am not opposed to you. Night and Day stand in opposition to each other, but they are not opposed to each other -they are merely two halves of the same coin."

#47    David-C

David-C

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:39 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 18 January 2013 - 05:49 PM, said:

Dude with that mentality you're going to be killed. No maybe about it. Not to mention you're willing to kill other Americans who are just doing their jobs.

I don't want to start an argument or develop bad blood with you so I want you to know I'm saying this with no intention of it being a dig at you. America is built on the Constitution. IF the time comes that they do try to disarm the American people those "Americans who are just doing their jobs" ie. the police, feds and/or the military will be the ones to do it. All of them have taken a sworn oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. If the decide to betray their oath and go against the Constitution then, as far as I'm concerned, they are no longer Americans. If they want my guns my answer to them is...Molon Labe!

#48    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:53 AM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location.  The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more.  And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff.  I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?
You have misread the conversation...

I'll show you exactly what myself and Nibs were discussing..

View PostHerNibs, on 18 January 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

Proponent loons on each side are using the media to drive up fear of either "the government is taking all your guns and we will be Nazi germany" or "gun nuts are going to kill your kids if we don't get all the guns".

Both sides are wrong and neither of the extreme loons are willing to meet in the middle for reasonable discussion.

Nibs

That means those on both sides  ( in general )   - Those for getting rid of the weapons  AND those are are not in favour of getting rid of the weapons..  BOTH sides are using the media to pump fear with wild accusations to spread their deranged propaganda ..

That is what NIBS and myself meant by loons... In no way was it a statement about people being loons for wanting to protect themselves or their kids .I feel that is what has been misread here..
I hope that clears it up for you..  

Nibs is right, when she says both sides are wrong...  There is no official statement that says Obama has confirmed that all your guns will be taken from you or your rights for that matter..   And the loons out there that are pumping out  statements saying things like the gun nuts are going to kill your children.. ALL of it is propaganda..  BOTH SIDES

Edited by Beckys_Mom, 19 January 2013 - 01:55 AM.

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

#49    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

View Postsupervike, on 18 January 2013 - 08:22 PM, said:

I agree with what you are saying.  But, if a gun is just a tool, why can't I own (legally) a completely automatic m-16, with armor piercing rounds. What about one of those cool gatling guns that fire 1000's rounds per second?  
I'm pretty sure you can with the right permits and enough F U money. Besides, who wouldn't love to be able to do this...

Or this...(no, not shoot cops but tear up a dozen cars like a bad ass terminator. Men can't say no.)

Posted Image

#50    Yamato

Yamato

Forum Divinity

• 10,444 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:28 AM

One thing is for sure.  There's nothing loony about our 2nd Amendment, or not being in favor of giving up our guns.  

We either stand up for the Constitution like our well-paid bureaucrats only swear to, or we will surely lose it.   I don't have to see a total collapse in one year or even in my lifetime to feel passionate about this.  This is also the country that I leave behind to my family after I'm gone.   I will not sit idly by while people try to dominate the discussion by making it all about guns, whether they're loons, Presidents, foreigners, or Americans who can't seem to recognize the rights they're guaranteed by law.   Our ancestors fought and died for our rights, let's stand together with one voice and defend them.

Posted Image

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity.   To impose on them a wretched life of hunger and deprivation is to dehumanize them." ~ Nelson Mandela

#51    Drayno

Drayno

Reverend Dudemeister

• 3,682 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 18 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

A gun isn't a tool, it is a weapon. They always have been and always will be. The debate can't go anywhere if you deny such a basic and crucial fact.

In this instance the children are the tools and weapons...

"One leader, one people, signifies one master and millions of slaves." - Camus

#52    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

View PostDavid-C, on 19 January 2013 - 01:39 AM, said:

I don't want to start an argument or develop bad blood with you so I want you to know I'm saying this with no intention of it being a dig at you. America is built on the Constitution. IF the time comes that they do try to disarm the American people those "Americans who are just doing their jobs" ie. the police, feds and/or the military will be the ones to do it. All of them have taken a sworn oath to defend and uphold the Constitution against all enemies both foreign and domestic. If the decide to betray their oath and go against the Constitution then, as far as I'm concerned, they are no longer Americans. If they want my guns my answer to them is...Molon Labe!

It seems to me that if a majority of Americans want gun control, the minority will consider them and those who enforce their laws to be domestic enemies.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#53    acidhead

acidhead

Were Not Your Slaves!

• 10,511 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 18 January 2013 - 07:23 PM, said:

A gun isn't a tool, it is a weapon. They always have been and always will be. The debate can't go anywhere if you deny such a basic and crucial fact.

A gun can be used as a tool for releasing stress.  There are many individuals who shoot targets only and do not hunt.

"there is no wrong or right - just popular opinion"

#54    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

• In a flat world there is an explanation to everything.

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostClyde the Glyde, on 19 January 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

I object to that. Here is my reason.... I live in a very rural location.  The local police is probably 20+ minutes away if I phone call them. Or more.  And then it is probably just a deputy sheriff.  I need the ability to defend myself, my family, and my property.

Am I a loon for wanting a 30 round mag for my AR-15 ?

Or should I defend my kids with a single shot, bolt action .22LR ?

I what ghetto do you live that you need a gun to defend your children?

A skeptic is a well informed believer and a pessimist a well informed optimist
The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#55    Order66

Order66

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts

• The hate is swelling in you now. Take your Jedi weapon. Use it. I am unarmed. Strike me down with it. Give in to your anger ...

Posted 19 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

Old WWII propaganda poster:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#56    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:11 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 January 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

I what ghetto do you live that you need a gun to defend your children?
That's not very nice. The cops are 20 minutes away if he had to. Better safe than sorry. What ghetto would be in a very rural area?

Posted Image

#57    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 19 January 2013 - 03:11 PM, said:

That's not very nice. The cops are 20 minutes away if he had to. Better safe than sorry. What ghetto would be in a very rural area?

Well, I grew up in a rural area, and I can't remember anybody ever needing a gun except to hunt or shoot some varmint. The biggest safety worry for the kids was to not drown in the river or get a bloody nose in a schoolyard brawl.

The most dangerous views of the world are from those who have never seen it. ~ Alexander v. Humboldt
If you want to bulls**t me please do it so that it takes me more than a minute to find out

about me

#58    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 January 2013 - 03:54 PM, said:

Well, I grew up in a rural area, and I can't remember anybody ever needing a gun except to hunt or shoot some varmint. The biggest safety worry for the kids was to not drown in the river or get a bloody nose in a schoolyard brawl.
Apparently you haven't paid much attention to 8/10 horror movies. They almost all take place out in the cut.

Posted Image

#59    questionmark

questionmark

Cinicus Magnus

• 35,299 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM

View Post-Mr_Fess-, on 19 January 2013 - 04:17 PM, said:

Apparently you haven't paid much attention to 8/10 horror movies. They almost all take place out in the cut.

Well, I have long since stopped believing in Hollywood, Santa Claus and the Toothfaerie. I prefer reality, and reality is that less than 0.001% of the crime (other than family brawls and spouse shooting) happens outside cities.

Edited by questionmark, 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM.

about me

#60    F3SS

F3SS

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,398 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 06:53 PM

View Postquestionmark, on 19 January 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Well, I have long since stopped believing in Hollywood, Santa Claus and the Toothfaerie. I prefer reality, and reality is that less than 0.001% of the crime (other than family brawls and spouse shooting) happens outside cities.
Domo arigato Mr. Roboto. I was being humorous. Don't be so lifeless all the time.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users