Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Tyrannosaurus Rex Cloned

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16    Chronic_Blaze

Chronic_Blaze

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

• Universal Truth isn't Measured by Mass Appeal

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:39 AM

Even though that pic is obviously a fake, searching for more info on the story turned up some interesting stuff. Tyrannosaurus Rex Flesh Pictures

Cloning has come a long way in a very short time, and is only going to get more advanced.  The only reason they haven't tried to clone a dinosaur was because all they ever find of them is fossilized cause its so old.  Having this living tissue may make it possible for them to actually clone a T-Rex. As fantastic as that sounds, I really would not like to be anywhere near this when it happens.  I can just imagine an army of T-Rex's breaking out of their cages somewhere.  My trusty shotgun would be like a pea shooter against them.  Makes me wonder if they could bite through a tank.  It would be damn cool to watch from a distance though.

The modern world may know a million secrets, the ancient world knew one--and that one was greater than the million; for the million secrets breed death, disaster, sorrow, selfishness, lust, and avarice, but the one secret confers life, light, and truth.

#17    feral koan

feral koan

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:02 AM

what so, does that mean they've actually found some T-rex flesh then?

I remember reading a few articles about ten years ago that they were planning on fertilizing some elephant eggs with some frozen wooley mamouth sperm and then keep doing that from generation to generation or something like that?

Does anyone know whats become of this?

Blessed if I do, blessed if I dont...

#18    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 02:26 PM

once again they can not clone a dino because earth is to diffrent then it was back then not enough oxygen in the air as there was back thewn it would sufficate it not to mention to clone it we need a close relative of a t-rex to be a host for the egg and we dont have one of those either u people need to do your homework cause u are all very far off and the reason they want tissue is not to close but to get dna so they can map it out and learn more about them

#19    Atlantis Rises

Atlantis Rises

The Ancient

• 1,521 posts

Posted 12 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

Spared no expense.

History is like Time - it always repeats itself.

#20    Bosanchero

Bosanchero

Psychic Spy

• 1,450 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

linked-image

TERRIBLE PS JOB next time do BLACK and WHITE if u are doing it as a "PAPER" story would make much more sense and would require MINIMAL PS skills

Heaven won't have me and Hell's afraid I'll take over

View Postwhen.i.am.queen., on Jan 10 2007, 06:57 AM, said:

Here is a crazy thought

... perhaps.....not?

#21    cyrus11

cyrus11

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 317 posts

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:22 PM

once again they can not clone a dino because earth is to diffrent then it was back then not enough oxygen in the air as there was back thewn it would sufficate it not to mention to clone it we need a close relative of a t-rex to be a host for the egg and we dont have one of those either u people need to do your homework cause u are all very far off and the reason they want tissue is not to close but to get dna so they can map it out and learn more about them

in the days of the dinosaurs, its true that the earth had a high co2 content, thats one of the main reasons that dinosaur came to rule the earth instead of mammals because dinosaurs/birds have a superior respiration system..with the networks of airsacks inside their bodies.... birds today still have this genetic heritage, although the oxygen level have risen...to say that t-rex cannot be cloned because of different oxygen level just has no logic.. that would mean that birds cannot survive today because the oxygen level is too high.. yet they still lived...obviously if one needs to clone a dinosaur you don't clone them using animals like amphibians like it is said in jurassic park, you use their direct descendents.. the birds... you splice some genes here and there...have the T-rex dna match up with parts of an ostrich DNA ...and work your way back... even better, use a hoatzen bird, their chicks already have the 2 hand claws they use to climn among branches, thats like a reverse evolution cheat sheet to engineer back an archaeopteryx or a gliding therapod.

#22    robbieb

robbieb

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:33 AM

and ladies and gentelmen a person who is proof a little knowledge is a dangerous thing first off it was higer oxygen levels not co2 which is why dinos got so big not co2 we dont use co2 to breath we use oxygen second animals evolved and adapted with the changing oxygen thats why there still alive second u cant just go of well lets add some frog dna to the dinos to get this thing to work u need a very close relative alive today to be able to clone with dna we discovered that a chicken is the closest living relative to dinos and even still it wouldnt work since the only dna of a ino we have is a trex and its egg is rather large in comparasion to a chicken so the chicken couldnt even lay the egg good job though do a little more research on a topic next time

#23    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,834 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 25 April 2007 - 04:32 AM

first off look at this pic its obviously a hoax and secod of all people we CAN NOT CLONE A DINOSAUR they cant live in our enviorment we have today gasses are at very diffrent levels then they were at the time of the dinos in fact if we went bakc in time and tried to breath we would DIE there was so much more oxygen in the air it would be toxic to us literaly killing us in under a minute not to mention any new diseases that have come around that it could not deal with its insane to think that we are gonna clone a dino

Oh dear lord, where did you get your education?

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users