UFO has become too tightly associated with the ETH so I've switched over to UAP (Unknown Aerial Phenomenon) in its place. This also allows for weather anomalies and the like. The last figure I saw indicated that 95% of the sightings were eventually explained with rather mundane explanations, including Venus. The other 5% remains unknown but this does not in any way imply that ET is involved. It opens the door to the possibility but doesn't automatically imply it. To my way of thinking, it is incumbent on both sides to provide overwhelming evidence that their side is correct. If either can, then the unknown becomes known and may be put to rest. To date, the unknowns remain just that, unknown.
Socorro, which this thread is about, is just such a case. There are the witness testimonies and a rather small amount of physical evidence but nothing that says whether or not the object was extraterrestrial. It is an unknown. Period.
Would I like to know once and for all that ET has arrived and there is a presence here? Oh, yeah! If nothing else, it would go a long way toward explaining such things as politicians and Paris Hilton. (Yeah, I know. That joke's getting a bit old and I have to find a new one but I kinda like it. ) A number of the unknowns would become knowns although I believe that some would still remain unknown. It would change a lot of things worldwide although I have no clue in what way and I believe would be the start of an entirely new era in Earth's history. In any event, I don't think it'll be boring. For me personally ... well, I'm still a pilot at heart and I'd love to fly one of their craft.