Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Groundhog Day

groundhog

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1    DieChecker

DieChecker

I'm a Rogue Scholar

• 16,287 posts

• Hey, I'm not wrong. I'm just not completely right.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:30 PM

Punxsutawney Phil was dragged out into the daylight this morning and presented to a supposed crowd of 35,000 people. Where Phil supposedly did NOT see his shadow and thus, as the tradition goes, there will be an early Spring.
http://darkroom.balt...unxsutawney/#10

Posted Image

Here at Intel we make processors on 12 inch wafers. And, the individual processors on the wafers are called die. And, I am employed to check these die. That is why I am the DieChecker.

At times one remains faithful to a cause only because its opponents do not cease to be insipid. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Qualifications? This is cryptozoology, dammit! All that is required is the spirit of adventure. - Night Walker

#2    Princess Serenity

Princess Serenity

❝ ♔ Beauty

• 8,232 posts

• "There's nothing to fear but fear itself." Franklin D Roosevelt.

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

YES! Sometime during last month I told my dad that Spring was coming early! I was right! I'm so done with this cold weather!!!! Thank you Punxsutawney Phil!

Av by me.

#3    freetoroam

freetoroam

Honourary member of the UM asylum

• 6,485 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

Why are they dressed as undertakers?

Edited by freetoroam, 02 February 2013 - 05:57 PM.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#4    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 February 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

Why are they dressed as undertakers?
It's a very old groundhog...

I noticed this morning that the sunlight was starting to look summery.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#5    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,485 posts

• If you didn't see it with your own eyes, or hear it with your own ears, don't invent it with your small mind and share it with your big mouth!

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostWalter White, on 02 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

It's a very old groundhog...

Not sure about summery, daffodils are poking their heads out and the sun is out, but boy!!! its still brass monkeys out there.

In an ideal World a law would be passed were NO guns were allowed and all those out there destroyed, trouble is the law makers are not going to take a risk of trying to pass that without making sure they are armed first.

#6    Walter White

Walter White

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 139 posts
  • Location:United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

• "He will regret it but once, and that will be continuously." - J.E.B. Stuart

Posted 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM

View Postfreetoroam, on 02 February 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

Not sure about summery, daffodils are poking their heads out and the sun is out, but boy!!! its still brass monkeys out there.
It was rather deceiving I have to be honest, mighty cold still, but it was an encouraging sign, before we know it we'll be out in the parks enjoying the sun again.

"I can anticipate no greater calamity for the country than the dissolution of the Union.  It would be an accumulation of all the evils we complain of, and I am willing to sacrifice everything but honor for it's preservation." - General Robert E. Lee

"I think I understand what military fame is; to be killed on the field of battle and have your name misspelled in the newspapers." - Major General William Tecumseh Sherman

#7    freetoroam

freetoroam

• 6,485 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

View PostWalter White, on 02 February 2013 - 06:19 PM, said:

It was rather deceiving I have to be honest, mighty cold still, but it was an encouraging sign, before we know it we'll be out in the parks enjoying the sun again.
Very strange weather. before we know it we will only be having 2 seasons, summer and winter, we are not far off that now.

#8    rashore

rashore

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,589 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Heh, not surprised... Todays forecast there calls for overcast skies and snow with a couple inches accumulation possible. Phil is accuracy is under 40% too. Personally, I trust Farmers Almanac more.

#9    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

Is not a number!

• 9,447 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

View PostWalter White, on 02 February 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

You know, I was only thinking yesterday that it felt like a lovely autumn day here in Queensland.

#10    Kelsier

Kelsier

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Just had to post this:

sedán Wartburg, las máquinas más largas, cuatro patas de lima y cinco metros de dima

#11    JGirl

JGirl

Pajama Goddess

• 8,814 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

right now my legs are hairier than a groundhog's.
when i shave them that is when spring is arriving.
i will keep you posted

JGirl's official tune of the day - hear it here!

Posted Image.. but as for this house of cards you are building..  a butterfly fart would knock it down.

#12    Jeremiah65

Jeremiah65

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts

• "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." Aristotle

Posted 04 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Err....I watched the little ceremony...he saw his shadow.....Punxsutawney Phil that is...the 3 imposters in 1 in Ohio, 1 inNew York and 1 somewhere else supposedly did NOT see their shadows...but they are posers and only Phil counts...

It will snow in April....

Edited by Jeremiah65, 04 February 2014 - 02:25 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility.  That is why most men dread it."  George Bernard Shaw
"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."  Thomas Jefferson

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users