Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Pitbull Unleashed?

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#31    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

• yesterday is today, when you look back tomorrow

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:05 PM

questionmark on Oct 5 2008, 09:44 AM, said:

Don't feel bad, elitist is the last resort some people use when out of valid arguments.

who ever said elitist. wasnt me no i said high brow ideas.

#32    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:10 PM

IrishLexie on Oct 5 2008, 09:12 AM, said:

What does that have to do with what he said?

well george was elected from a past position of governor. what is the difference if palin is v.p.  that is what it has to do with it.

#33    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:19 PM

Leonardo on Oct 5 2008, 09:37 AM, said:

wolfie,

I am neither high-brow nor an elitist, as you might possibly have me stereotyped based on how I write. I was taught to write as I do and I would not change it, as it suits me and help me think. I'm not sorry for the way I write, but I am sorry you have stereotyped me because of it.

AROCES,

So nice to see you in my thread. Your presence here and attempts to subvert and divert attention from the point of it shows how much merit the points I and others are making really have, and how afraid you are of the consequences of the truth of them.

well leo, i have neither deemed you to be high brow or an elitist, as you may have thought my comment to imply .  i did not intend for you to read it as such. rather i was saying your idea that palin wasnt suited or prepped for the job was misaligned with past historical events. george bush was not known for being sophisticated.  in fact just the opposite. there for i saw your comment to have been consumed by a form of high brow logic.  not that you are.  shoot dude you maybe okie dokie how the heck do i know.  peace out wolfie

Edited by wolfieboy, 05 October 2008 - 04:19 PM.

#34    HKCavalier

HKCavalier

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 04:23 PM

I think the GOP overestimate Palin's credibility with the American people.  At this point, she's not gaining any supporters with this stuff.  The McCain campaign is lying in a hospital bed on life support and she's the nurse holding its hand.  They have this one non-deplorable performance from her after weeks of embarrassment after embarrassment and the very next day she's turned into Miss Swift-boat 2008.  She is essentially calling Obama an enemy combatant.  This is beyond the pale.  

Folks, what's to stop these people from locking the Obamas of the world away were they to gain power?

#35    zitro1987

zitro1987

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 05:02 PM

Really, politics is getting even dirtier .. so they're gonna try fearmongering again because of a minor association (both being members of an organization or two, acquaintances at best) with someone with a shady past who wasn't convicted and is being a good citizen? That because of that, Obama hates America, wants to be friends with terrorists and attack the U.S.? that's just ridiculous!

It wouldn't work, are people that stupid to believe this kind of crap? McCain is self destructing himself, with a 'suspend campaign' stunt that didn't work, a not so great campaign performance, pulling out of a swing state (Michigan), saying that he always aspired to be a dictator, and now try to slander Obama and play the terrorism/fear card.

He's screwed (and btw, I'm not a fan of Obama, after the bailout vote, I stopped liking him completely)

#36    Pinky Floyd

Pinky Floyd

Waxing Poetic

• 1,828 posts

• 1000% Libertarian...

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:09 PM

IrishLexie on Oct 5 2008, 09:10 AM, said:

Yeah -- all of it. He knows the guy. It is guilt by association and nothing more. He doesn't go "palling around with the guy" as she claims. It's 100% fear-mongering. And your Republicans buy into it and perpetuate it every election year.

It might be more than that: (Much more in fact)

Neither Ayers nor the Obama campaign would describe the relationship between the two men. Dr. Young described Obama and Ayers as “friends,” but there’s no evidence their relationship is more than the casual friendship of two men who occupy overlapping Chicago political circles and who served together on the board of a Chicago foundation.

As Bloomberg News reported recently, Obama and Ayers have crossed paths repeatedly in the last decade. In 1997, Obama cited Ayers’ critique of the juvenile justice system in a Chicago Tribune article on what prominent Chicagoans were reading. He and Ayers served together on the board of the Woods Fund of Chicago for three years starting in 1999. In 2001, Ayers also gave $200 to Obama’s state Senate reelection campaign.

“I don't regret setting bombs; I feel we didn't do enough,” Ayers told the New York Times in 2001.
source

Last April, Obama dismissed Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis."

In 1995, Obama was appointed as the CAC's first chairman.

In response to a query by National Review Online writer Stanley Kurtz, the Obama campaign issued a statement claiming Ayers was not involved with Obama's "recruitment" to the CAC board. The statement said Deborah Leff and Patricia Albjerg Graham, who served as presidents of other foundations, recruited Obama.

But Kurtz reviewed the CAC archives at the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago, which houses CAC board meeting minutes and other documentation from the education foundation. He found that along with Leff and Graham, Ayers was one of a working group of five who assembled the initial board of the CAC, which hired Obama.

"Ayers founded CAC and was its guiding spirit. No one would have been appointed the CAC chairman without his approval," Kurtz writes in a Wall Street Journal opinion piece today.

Indeed, several articles in 1994 and 1995 in the Chicago Tribune detail Ayers' extensive work to secure the original grant for the CAC from a national education initiative by Ambassador Walter Annenberg, as well as Ayers' molding of the CAC guidelines. It would have been unusual for Ayers not to have been involved in the selection of Obama. Kurtz reports the CAC archives demonstrate Obama and Ayers worked as a team to further the foundation's agenda. Obama was in charge of fiscal matters, while Ayers' position was more concerned with shaping educational policy. The documents show Ayers served as an ex-officio member of the board that Obama chaired through the CAC's first year. Ayers also served on the board's governance committee with Obama, and worked with him to craft CAC bylaws, according to the documents. Ayers made presentations to board meetings chaired by Obama. Ayers also spoke for the Chicago School Reform Collaborative before Obama's board, while Obama periodically spoke for the board at meetings of the collaborative, the CAC documents reviewed by Kurtz show.

According to the documents, the CAC granted money to far-leftist causes, such as the radical Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, or ACORN, which, WND reported, has done work on behalf of Obama's presidential campaign.

ACORN is the nation's largest community organization of low- and moderate-income families. It has held violent, disruptive protests, seeks to regulate banks, supports left-leaning education policies, is accused of working on urging partisan voter turnout for elections, and seems to promote driving businesses from cities.

WND broke the story last week that while Obama chaired the board of the CAC, more than $600,000 was granted to an organization founded by Ayers and run by Mike Klonsky, a former top communist activist. Klonsky was leader of the Marxist-Leninist Communist Party, which was effectively recognized by China as the all-but-official U.S. Maoist party.   ohmy.gif
Source

Obama should 'unknow' someone like this pronto. And explain exactly what kind of relationship that they did/still do have. And in my opinion, Obama should have never served on a council that was organized and ran by a person with this background to work along side of him nor should have never met with him at any time nor any place.

/unless deep-down they have the same ideology of course...

Edited by Pinky Floyd, 05 October 2008 - 06:09 PM.

Total American Isolationism Now
Complete and across the board. Over the next fifty years, America needs to develop energy independence
and terminate any and all relations with most all countries not on the North American Continent.
Forever...

#37    wolfieboy

wolfieboy

Psychic Spy

• 1,808 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:51 PM

Pinky Floyd on Oct 5 2008, 01:09 PM, said:

It might be more than that: (Much more in fact)

source

Source

Obama should 'unknow' someone like this pronto. And explain exactly what kind of relationship that they did/still do have. And in my opinion, Obama should have never served on a council that was organized and ran by a person with this background to work along side of him nor should have never met with him at any time nor any place.

/unless deep-down they have the same ideology of course...

or perhaps he needed a leg up at the time.  and just didnt think it through this far. but  this is neither here nor there concerning the pitbull being unleashed. unless she is sent to attack obama on his dubious relationships of old times long forgotten. look away look away look away dixie land.

#38    IrishAidan07

IrishAidan07

Psychic Spy

• 1,681 posts

• If you can't describe what you are doing as a process, you don't know what you're doing.

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

wolfieboy on Oct 5 2008, 12:10 PM, said:

well george was elected from a past position of governor. what is the difference if palin is v.p.  that is what it has to do with it.

I don't think he was talking about being governor. I mean, Billy Boy was governor too.

"There is not a Liberal America, a Conservative America, a Red America or Blue America, there is the United States of America." ~ Barack Obama

Posted Image

~~Irish~~

#39    SoCrazes

SoCrazes

Psychic Spy

• 1,312 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 11:19 PM

wolfieboy on Oct 5 2008, 12:28 PM, said:

you dont really think she is the brains behind her campaign do you. why would it lack sophistication she is only a cog in the machine not the machine its self. although she may not be sophisticated she has campaign workers who are. the people running this campaign are not the candidates. it is the party and has always been so.

Regardless, she is responsible for what she says.

"The unexamined life is not worth living." - Socrates

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users