Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

interesting object found on Google Mars

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#16    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

But I'm always hearing about how these images are leaked by NASA insiders.  Leaked onto NASA's own website where they are never removed from for some reason.

Why would they get removed?  They are never of anything of significance.  It's always (and I mean ALWAYS) people with wild imaginations who see things where there isn't anything at all.  Squirrels on mars anyone?

#17    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

I personally believe and science confirmed it that Mars was once capable of sustaining life. I believe there are tons of clues that are waiting to be discovered. Maybe not at the surface but buried underground. In absence of water everything can stay well preserved even for millions of years.  In the same time if intelligent life once existed i am sure it went underground or it moved away to another potential planet that was Earth, or both :).

I won't be surprised if in the future will learn the exact source of Methane gas (indicating presence of life) recorded randomly in certain areas on mars or patches of strong magnetic fields, and why not flying objects traveling at the surface. Not saying this is one of them .

#18    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:12 PM

View PostAmerix, on 28 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why would they get removed?  They are never of anything of significance.  It's always (and I mean ALWAYS) people with wild imaginations who see things where there isn't anything at all.  Squirrels on mars anyone?
I agree.  It's just that when someone finds an image freely available for the public to view on NASA's own website, it's inevitable that someone will say that we weren't meant to see it and it was probably leaked by someone at NASA.   But that obviously doesn't explain why the images in question are available on NASA's own website and online archives and don't get taken down after they are "leaked".

Edited by JesseCuster, 28 August 2013 - 02:13 PM.

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#19    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:43 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 28 August 2013 - 02:04 PM, said:

I personally believe and science confirmed it that Mars was once capable of sustaining life.

I believe it too, as does science as you say, but then, they mean Mars was capable of supporting microbial life

If earth and Mars are similar ages ,and its assumed they are then in all the time it took life to get going on Earth, again starting from microbial thingies, plant forms, single celled and multi celled blobs etc etc

Mars just didn't have the same chance or duration of its conditions, for life to form as it eventually did here. the last bit of surface water om Mars probably evaporated upwards of 2 1/2 to 3 billion years ago, as there just wasn't enough magnetic field to shield it's atmosphere from the solar wind.

Edited by seeder, 28 August 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#20    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

• Never forget that only the weak fish swim with the stream, and a lie travels half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

View PostAmerix, on 28 August 2013 - 01:00 PM, said:

well its not just in rock forms people have seen shapes either, the following pic, simply cannot be found at NASA's archives anymore. Promise.

Posted Image

It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

"The tragedy of life is not that it ends so soon, but that we wait so long to begin it"

#21    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostLava_Lady, on 28 August 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Is there an article or link to the NASA piece?
http://hirise.lpl.ar...PSP_002764_1800

It appears the darkness is caused by the impact blowing away and redistributing the surface iron oxide rich dust that gives Mars its distinctive rusty brown colour and revealing the darker material underneath.

I'd hazard a guess that qxcontinuum's 'rolling tracks' are something similar, damage caused by outward forces from the impact blast.  Note how they radiate away from the crater cluster.  Here's 2 pics of the same site, taken in 2007 and 2010 respectively.  I think it's pretty clear that we're not looking at objects that have rolled into place but at impact craters.

Posted Image

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman

#22    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:59 PM

But that obviously doesn't explain why the images in question are available on NASA's own website and online archives and don't get taken down after they are "leaked".

Where's the proof they are even "leaked on to NASA's web site" in the first place?  It's again, just someone's wild imagination.  The stuff on NASA's web site are put there on purpose.  ALL images.  No one is "leaking" anything.  I'm sure there are a handful of NASA webmasters.  Kind of hard to 'leak" anything when they know exactly who you are.

#23    Oniomancer

Oniomancer

Soulless Minion Of Orthodoxy

• 3,266 posts

• Question everything

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:03 PM

Small impactor that broke up or a cluster of same following the same trajectory. Fairly recent looking given the relative lack of weathering, hence the interest perhaps. The dark debris is similar to the light streaks we see radiating from lunar craters only with different soil composition as said.  Mars has much lower gravity than earth so debris travels farther.

As Jessecuster said, the appearance depends on the lighting. Very appropriately timed thread given that I just read this recently:

http://www.slate.com..._like_pits.html

"Apparently the Lemurians drank Schlitz." - Intrepid "Real People" reporter on finding a mysterious artifact in the depths of Mount Shasta.

#24    JesseCuster

JesseCuster

Secret Jesus

• 3,089 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:51 PM

View PostAmerix, on 28 August 2013 - 03:59 PM, said:

Where's the proof they are even "leaked on to NASA's web site" in the first place?  It's again, just someone's wild imagination.  The stuff on NASA's web site are put there on purpose.  ALL images.  No one is "leaking" anything.  I'm sure there are a handful of NASA webmasters.  Kind of hard to 'leak" anything when they know exactly who you are.
I know.  I'm agreeing with you.  It's just that people inevitably on these forums do claim that insiders have leaked any images that someone claims contains an 'anomaly'.  They do so without bothering to check where the image came from (NASA's online archives) or realising that it would make no sense to leak an image onto an online archive run by the organisation you wish to show is covering up evidence as they can delete it if they want.

When you leak something, you put it up on wikileaks or release it to an investigative journalist.  You don't quietly release it alongside thousands on an online archive that is under control of the organisation that don't want it released and could delete at any time.

Anyway, we digress from the point at hand.

It's just a cluster of impact craters.  Nothing unusual or unique.  It appears to be a recent impact crater which is why it has been captured a few times.

Edited by JesseCuster, 28 August 2013 - 04:54 PM.

#25    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,698 posts

• The age of stupid is upon us. Scientific conclusions are drawn from missing data, resuming to suppositions and guessing.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

and yet there are numerous Photoshop interventions in many of the pictures provided to the public. Never understood why
I disliked in the same time the fact the Mars rover Curiosity was not driven to those "suspicious" items found, as to take closer Macro shots, like the "martian flower"  or the shiny metallic object.... almost like the rover bearing it's name was not curious enough to follow the exact purpose was meant for :-)

Edited by qxcontinuum, 28 August 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#26    Skep B

Skep B

Savant of Depravity

• 5,174 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

martian flower and shiny object?

What devilry do you speak of stranger?

I've seen **** that'll turn you WHITE!

#27    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 10,239 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:28 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

think he means this?

Posted Image

#28    qxcontinuum

qxcontinuum

Psychic Spy

• 1,698 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

View PostSkepticalB, on 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image

[img]http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/IQdwitaPWK6FRaPQf2o2LA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/thesideshow/MartianFlower.jpg[/img]

Edited by qxcontinuum, 28 August 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#29    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:44 PM

View PostJesseCuster, on 28 August 2013 - 02:12 PM, said:

But that obviously doesn't explain why the images in question are available on NASA's own website and online archives and don't get taken down after they are "leaked".
So by saying that, you agree that NASA WOULD try to hide such evidence if it were of intelligent origin?

#30    Zeta Reticulum

Zeta Reticulum

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postqxcontinuum, on 28 August 2013 - 05:08 PM, said:

and yet there are numerous Photoshop interventions in many of the pictures provided to the public. Never understood why
I disliked in the same time the fact the Mars rover Curiosity was not driven to those "suspicious" items found, as to take closer Macro shots, like the "martian flower"  or the shiny metallic object.... almost like the rover bearing it's name was not curious enough to follow the exact purpose was meant for :-)
Very true. Weird objects are passed off as mere rocks, yet delicate studies are made of mundane articles.  Doesn't add up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users