Photo

The East River Monster Mystery

Posted by Supersquatch , in Cryptozoology/Cryptobotany 31 July 2012 · 1,578 views

east river monster montauk monster anomalous carcasses
The East River Monster Mystery The East River Monster is a bloated carcass that was found underneath the Brooklyn Bridge in New York City, New York. It was reminiscent of the Montauk Monster that washed up on the shore of Montauk, New York in July of 2008. When the police were called to the scene, they said that it was a pig abandoned after a barbecue. However, the East River Monster has five toes. Pigs have four toes. So what could this "monster" be? Is it an alien? Or maybe a product of animal testing? Possibly none of the above?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Top: The East River Monster
Bottom: Close-up of its foot

Some suggest that this is a pig and that one of the four hooves could have split; however, all of the toes in this close-up image have claws at the end, something pigs obviously do not have. There are two other explanations for what the East River Monster could be: a dog or a rat.

Rats have four digits plus a little stump on their "hands". Dogs only have four toes on each foreleg plus a dewclaw--which is normally removed. The smaller, stubbier digit in the above photograph does not appear to be a dewclaw. There is one animal that I thought of, though, that match the characteristics of this animal: the opossum. Here is an opossum's foot:

Posted Image

Compare that to the East River Monster's foot, now. Don't they look like a perfect match? Now it's time for the second matter in question: the tail.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Top: The East River Monster's tail

Bottom: An opossum's tail

What are your thoughts?

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON
Jul 31 2012 06:27 AM
They found out that a lot of these things are raccoons and the odd rat,dog,cat,coyote etc etc etc and yes opossum's.

Supersquatch
Jul 31 2012 06:41 AM

CRIPTIC CHAMELEON, on 31 July 2012 - 06:27 AM, said:

They found out that a lot of these things are raccoons and the odd rat,dog,cat,coyote etc etc etc and yes opossum's.

Zoologist Darren Naish thought the Montauk Monster was a raccoon, so I was opting for that explanation with the East River Monster. Then I realized that an opossum may fit the bill even more so than a raccoon.
You blog faster than I can read them!!

Get Updates for New Posts

Click the "Follow this blog" button on the homepage to receive updates whenever a new post is written on Supersquatch.

Search My Blog

Short Stories

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Recent Comments

Latest Visitors

• Photo
    adderiexola
    01 Jan 2014 - 17:17
  • Photo