Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Texas Country Music Star Tells Critics

gun control nra

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1    Kowalski

Kowalski

The Original Penguin Conspiracy Theorist

• 4,102 posts

• It's All Some Kind Of Wacked Out Conspiracy....

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:41 AM

Texas Country Music Star to Critics of the NRA, Guns: ‘Tough S**t’

Kevin Fowler live at Rockin Rodeo in Denton, Texas (Credit: Robert Hantson/TheBlaze)
If you are a harsh critic of the National Rifle Association and/or guns, you probably won't enjoy listening to the music of Texas country music star Kevin Fowler.
And he doesn't really care.
"If guns p*** you off, if beer p***es you off, if any of the things that I sing about p*** you off, you're probably not coming to my show anyway. If hunting p***es you off, you're not coming to my show -- so I don't give a damn whether it p***es you off," Fowler told TheBlaze on his tour bus parked outside Rockin Rodeo in Denton, Texas, last week.
"If the NRA p***es you off, I'm sorry...tough s**t," he added.
That's why he didn't think twice about playing at the NRA Country Jam during the organization's annual conference in Houston earlier this month.
Fowler, known for his brutal honesty both on and off the stage, gladly weighed in on the never-ending gun control debate during an exclusive sit-down with TheBlaze on Thursday, less than an hour before he was set to play before a packed house in Denton.
The U.S. already has plenty of gun laws on the books, he said. Those laws just are not properly enforced.
"If you want to kill people, you can do it with a fork, you can do it with something you can buy at the hardware store, you can do it with a gun, you can do it with a knife, you can do it with a car, you can do it with a truck, you can do it however you want to," he explained, stressing the importance of addressing the nation's mental health problem.
"We have to figure out why all these nut jobs want to kill people, that's the problem," he added.

However, despite his strong views on the Second Amendment, the country music star said he tries not to push his politics on his fans.
"I think our music is just beer-drinking, hell-raising, fun music, you know, it's not serious," he said. "I'm not out trying to save the whales...I don't have any political agenda with the music, I try not to. It's just about having fun."
There are a lot of musicians who feel it is their job to "preach at" an audience, Fowler explained. But a live concert should be one place where people can go to let loose and just "forget about it all," he added.
"I think music should be an escape. There's enough stress in the world," he said. "There's enough bad stuff going on, I don't need to remind you of that. Just come to the show and let's rock out."
We asked Fowler which song he would recommend to Blaze readers unfamiliar with his work. He suggested his classic tune "Beer, Bait and Ammo," a song that country music legend George Jones liked so much he actually recorded his own version.

Taken from: http://news.yahoo.co...-213213170.html

I've seen Kevin Fowler perform at events around my area, and he is a great singer. I really like him, he seems very down to earth.

Song "Beer, Bait, and Ammo":

My husband's favorite song (Some you guys might really like this song):

Edited by Kowalski, 15 May 2013 - 12:43 AM.

#2    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 6,624 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 15 May 2013 - 02:34 AM

maybe he should try his luck at being a rapper ... like old school south side gangsta rap

The knower and the known are one. Simple people imagine that they should see God, as if He stood there and they here. This is not so. God and I, we are one in knowledge. ~ Eckhart

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

#3    s33ker

s33ker

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts

• Believe anything until proven otherwise, otherwise believe nothing until proven.

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:23 AM

Is that a "redneck".
Would this be a case where you could use this term to discribe this singer?

#4    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 12:57 PM

View Posts33ker, on 15 May 2013 - 03:23 AM, said:

Is that a "redneck".
Would this be a case where you could use this term to discribe this singer?

You say "redneck" like it's a bad thing... :D

Do you know Larry the Cable Guy is worth $50 MILLION!! Not bad for a redneck....
:)

#5    preacherman76

preacherman76

Humble Servent

• 10,335 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

Yea thats basicaly where im at. Im not going along with people who want to infringe on my rights. If you dont like it, tough. I really dont care anymore.

Some things are true, even if you dont believe them.

#6    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

View Postpreacherman76, on 15 May 2013 - 01:19 PM, said:

Yea thats basicaly where im at. Im not going along with people who want to infringe on my rights. If you dont like it, tough. I really dont care anymore.

I know exactly how you feel. :tu:

#7    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,551 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostKowalski, on 15 May 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

You say "redneck" like it's a bad thing... :D

Do you know Larry the Cable Guy is worth $50 MILLION!! Not bad for a redneck....
:)

Don't forget honey boo boo child ;)

#8    aztek

aztek

Government Agent

• 4,354 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM

does anyone know where term redneck actually came from?? it came from scotish imigrants that used to wear red scarf around their necks, to show they oppose the king. it is funny how the term got missassigned to someone totaly diferent.

Edited by aztek, 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#9    Orcseeker

Orcseeker

Poltergeist

• 2,551 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:32 PM

View Postaztek, on 15 May 2013 - 03:26 PM, said:

does anyone know where term redneck actually came from?? it came from scotish imigrants that used to wear red scarf around their necks, to show they oppose the king. it is funny how the term got missassigned to someone totaly diferent.

I always heard it was because the hats the farmers wore didn't adequately cover their necks properly. Resulting in a sunburnt neck after a long day toiling in the fields.

#10    aztek

aztek

Government Agent

• 4,354 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:40 PM

yea, but it is only red at first, than it gets brown.

Edited by aztek, 15 May 2013 - 03:41 PM.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#11    aztek

aztek

Government Agent

• 4,354 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:46 PM

anyone knows where word s,h,i,t, came from??
it is actually acronym, from ship high in transit.  
comes from days when horse\cow crap was used as furtilizer, and had to be put on upper decks of the ships, so it wont get wet in cargo holds.

RESIDENT TROLL.

#12    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,545 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Posted Image

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

#13    Rafterman

Rafterman

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,557 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:02 PM

Now, now - we all have to embrace this guy and support his decision to speak out and exercise his First Amendment rights.

At least that's what all the libs told us when the Dixie Chicks did it a few years ago.

#14    Kowalski

Kowalski

• 4,102 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:09 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 15 May 2013 - 03:56 PM, said:

Posted Image

:w00t:  LMAO

That's hilarious...
I can't post the video on here, but go on Youtube and look up "Clayton Bigsby: White Supremacist". It's Dave Chapelle, and he is playing a guy who is black, and he's a blind white supremacist, who thinks he's white...It's hilarious... :yes:
I love that one part, "If anyone's going to be have sex with MY sister, It's gonna be ME!" LOL

#15    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 9,545 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 04:12 PM

View PostKowalski, on 15 May 2013 - 04:09 PM, said:

:w00t:  LMAO

That's hilarious...
I can't post the video on here, but go on Youtube and look up "Clayton Bigsby: White Supremacist". It's Dave Chapelle, and he is playing a guy who is black, and he's a blind white supremacist, who thinks he's white...It's hilarious... :yes:
I love that one part, "If anyone's going
to be have sex with MY sister, It's gonna be ME!" LOL

I've seen that, hilarious is right!

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated."
- Hunt for the Skinwalker

"So many people forget that the first country the Nazis invaded was their own." Dr. Abraham Erskine

Also tagged with gun control, nra

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users