Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 Apocalypse and Solar Storm (merged)

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#166    greggK

greggK

Poltergeist

• 2,756 posts

Posted 03 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Does anybody remember the Marshall Plan after WW2?

It is me!

#167    beale947

beale947

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 266 posts

• There is a difference between knowing the path, and walking the path.

Posted 05 June 2009 - 03:59 PM

greggK on Jun 2 2009, 03:23 PM, said:

I predict everything standing will fall down because in 2012 the sun will reverse its axis and that will affect the 'perception.'  When was the last time the psyche was affected on this earth?  If we believe that the sun reverses its axis every 11 years and if we believe the last shift occurred around 2001, then the next approximate shift will happen around 2012.    Do you think that this shift will help Obama and his administration get reelected?

Lol... seriously you have got to be trolling now...

The Sun won't reverse it's axis... hell what does that even mean? (I know what an axis is i'm actually referring as to why it will matter or happen...?)

AFter reading this thread, I actually believe that i've become more stupid... like all my life energy and intelligence has been sucked out of me through the screen.
Though I am considering holding a December 21 2012 Party. Entrance fee is 5 per person and if the world ends you get a refund.... if not, I keep it all tongue.gif

It's win-win grin2.gif tongue.gif

The whole 2012 thing is based on a Mayan Calendar what was disused after it became obsolete, and the Mayans had many different caleldars going at the same time each with different dates, year lengths etc.
But here is a question though. Your computer caledar only goes up to 2099, does that mean the world will end on December 31st 2099?? Hmm?

Edited by beale947, 05 June 2009 - 04:03 PM.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

#168    Resonance

Resonance

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 01:43 AM

beale947 on Jun 5 2009, 08:59 AM, said:

Lol... seriously you have got to be trolling now...

The Sun won't reverse it's axis... hell what does that even mean? (I know what an axis is i'm actually referring as to why it will matter or happen...?)

AFter reading this thread, I actually believe that i've become more stupid... like all my life energy and intelligence has been sucked out of me through the screen.
Though I am considering holding a December 21 2012 Party. Entrance fee is 5 per person and if the world ends you get a refund.... if not, I keep it all tongue.gif

It's win-win grin2.gif tongue.gif

The whole 2012 thing is based on a Mayan Calendar what was disused after it became obsolete, and the Mayans had many different caleldars going at the same time each with different dates, year lengths etc.
But here is a question though. Your computer calendar only goes up to 2099, does that mean the world will end on December 31st 2099?? Hmm?

Okay, i'm going to stop you right there. Apparently, what you state is 100% correct, (the whole part about you becoming dumber). You made no reference to the current topic. Nobody was referring to the mayan calendar in any way. So, this topic is about the solar maximum possibly being our demise. Currently, it is believed it may cause wide spread power outages. Possibly frying transformers by bombarding them with magnetized ions. Please, make more sense when trying to bash on someone, especially a whole thread/forum.

As well, the mayan calendar ended on the 21st, not the 31st.

Either way, I agree that there is very little significance in the date/ending of the calendar. However, you blatantly misuse the information.

Edited by Resonance, 16 June 2009 - 01:49 AM.

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance."  
- Socrates

#169    Simbul

Simbul

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:24 PM

Meh, I just saw Knowing the other day, man that was disturbing...I actually liked it.

But yeah out of all the 2012 theories the solar flare is the one that has the most logic and possibility to it.

I think it would be possible to put up deflectors over power grids of some sort, to protect them from the radiation...but you know I doubt anyone will believe in the solar flares until the last second, then it will be too late. People never think ahead.

Edited by Kacen, 28 June 2009 - 03:25 PM.

"Everything we did was criticized. For about thirty years we lived with the world against us, accusing us of things we didn't do!"

- Ian Douglas Smith

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users