Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Massive manhunt on for ex-cop

OverSword

From the article:

Thousands of police officers throughout Southern California and Nevada hunted Thursday for a former Los Angeles officer who was angry over his firing and began a deadly shooting rampage that he warned in an online posting would target those on the force who wronged him, authorities said.

Authorities issued a statewide "officer safety warning" and police were sent to protect people named in the posting that was believed to be written by the fired officer, Christopher Dorner, who has military training. Among those mentioned were members of the Los Angeles Police Department.

"I will bring unconventional and asymmetrical warfare to those in LAPD uniform whether on or off duty," said the manifesto.

Dorner has available multiple weapons including an assault rifle, said police Chief Charlie Beck.

Apparently the mental stability tests for the LAPD need to be a tad more vigorous.

http://seattletimes.com/html/nationworld/2020305123_apuslapoliceshootings.html

• Like 6

Apparently the mental stability tests for the LAPD need to be a tad more vigorous.

http://seattletimes....eshootings.html

please read the full story, and actual manifecto he wrote. and espesially the reason he was fired, has nothing to do with his mental health, and everything to do with corruption and lawlessnes of lapd.

but of course, media and lapd will make him look like a evil nutcase, covering up the real reason, and their wrongdoing.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 9

Why is so many going on killing sprees. Its starting to be the norm instead of unusual.

I do think better mental testing for cops should be implemented.

• Like 2

Apparently the mental stability tests for the LAPD need to be a tad more vigorous

tumblr_llxkdvW19A1qii6tmo1_400.gif

:P

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 3

the world is going crazy with all those mentally unstable individuals running around with guns shooting at anything they are angry at or unhappy about. Makes one wonder what exactly is really going on in the population.

• Like 1

If that manifesto is true then he is a true freedom fighter. How would any of you feel in the same situation? When the police are corrupt who do you turn too?

• Like 3

If that manifesto is true then he is a true freedom fighter. How would any of you feel in the same situation? When the police are corrupt who do you turn too?

My only problem with this sentiment is that he took out two people who weren't associated with his case.

My only problem with this sentiment is that he took out two people who weren't associated with his case.

As i said, if this is true why would we believe the police when they have systematically ruined this man with their lies and corrupt practise. Would they stop now? Or would they say he murdered these people to create more fear and less understanding from the public.

I don't have the full facts. He might just be a nut who imagined it all, but that is what the LAPD want us all to believe.

• Like 3

Scary!! Just because you are upset with the system does not give you the right to go kill people :(

it sounds like "don't hate the player, hate the game" attitude, there is no game without players.

• Like 1

Bet they won't take guns away from police officers though. They jump on civilians but not police officers.

Well unless they want to remove guns form police and civilians then bring in martial law, so they have armed military instead.

Edited by Coffey

The LAPD is notoriously nuts, but given how large they are, there are bound to be a few bad apples.

Far too many men coming home from the Middle East want to be peace officers. Even if they manage to pass a psyche profile/test, what are we getting?

I would rather have the class nerd with an authority complex than those trained by the military, and who have experience killing while on automatic pilot.

This isn't Iraq or Afghanistan, unless we want it to be.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 2

tumblr_llxkdvW19A1qii6tmo1_400.gif

:P

OMG, my husband had that as his avatar on another forum, but was told to remove it because...get this: it was racist!

• Like 4

OMG, my husband had that as his avatar on another forum, but was told to remove it because...get this: it was racist!

Sounds like a fantastic forum.

• Like 2

I just hope they catch that maniac before he kills/wounds any more people.

It's bath salts, I tell ya. :passifier:

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2

The most shocking thing with all of this is how I've been led to believe (recently) that these are the only people who should have guns.... You know, military and police officers are the ones who should have them.

Not to mention, with some of the snide remarks I've seen about how people should be all world sharp shooters or they don't need a gun, 2 civilians were shot by on duty police officers because of mistaken identity. They certainly needed more than 10 rounds as well.

There's one thing nobody has brought up either; his manifesto says he'll stop once they clear his name. The continued hubris of the LAPD is why this won't stop until one side is dead.

• Like 4

I just heard about this in the news.. Man, oh man..

Here's the excellent marksmanship of trained police officers http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/07/3-bystanders-reportedly-accidentally-shot-by-police-searching-for-murder/

Broke a very well known rule among hunters.... Never shoot anything until you know what it is. These guys shot 2 old ladies because they couldn't tell the difference between them and a huge black guy.

• Like 4

The most shocking thing with all of this is how I've been led to believe (recently) that these are the only people who should have guns.... You know, military and police officers are the ones who should have them.

Not to mention, with some of the snide remarks I've seen about how people should be all world sharp shooters or they don't need a gun, 2 civilians were shot by on duty police officers because of mistaken identity. They certainly needed more than 10 rounds as well.

There's one thing nobody has brought up either; his manifesto says he'll stop once they clear his name. The continued hubris of the LAPD is why this won't stop until one side is dead.

They can not trust their officers so they are going to give the guns to the janitors instead! LMFO my sides are hurting!

• Like 1

Here's the excellent marksmanship of trained police officers http://www.foxnews.c...ing-for-murder/

Broke a very well known rule among hunters.... Never shoot anything until you know what it is. These guys shot 2 old ladies because they couldn't tell the difference between them and a huge black guy.

just googled him, he hasn`t even got a blue rinse!