Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

what is Christmas to you?

Kimm

what is x-mast to you?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. what is x-mast to you?

• Presents
    • relatives/ friends
    • Jesus birthday
    • candy
    • food
    • making people happy
    • lett people make you happy

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kismit

• Mentalcase

• Althalus

• Halo_Jones

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you mean Christmas...hopeing.... blink.gif and Christmas to me is being together with family, enjoying their company and a nice dinner together, I love that part of holidays. Makes it so special.. wub.gif

Christmas means nothing to me untill December 1st then it means Stress Stress and more Stress followed by a large helping of Debt! original.gif

Personally, I like xmas as it means I can get emmy wub.gif a lot of pressies and she can't tell me off for getting her them.

I agree with Halo. Not that I have to buy many gifts, it does cause lots of stress. BTW, isn't it june right now? tongue.gif

MC

What Christmas mean to me .. wink.gif

It means Love and sharing ... and if you want to forgive someone ... it is the right time to forgive ... wub.gif

It also means ... new year and new year means ... one year older ... lol laugh.gif

So in short .. Making people happy grin2.gif

I just love Christmas!! wub.gif

But, for me, I stay away from family during that season. If there is anything that adds to stress, it has to be putting a bunch of dysfunctional people in one room together. So, no family for me. I choose to enjoy that season by myself, and celebrate any way I want, not the way others' want to.

Reese

I refuse to answer such a question mid-june...

Silly boy...

I voted relatives/friends.

I agree that it a little strange posting about Christmas during June, but really for me Christmas is about being with my friends and family, getting a lot of days off of work, and looking forward to the new year and my birthday (which is the end of January). I buy presents because of tradition, but don't like for people to feel obligated to spend money on me. Every year we go to my grandma's and exchange gifts. Being as I'm 27 I don't feel the need to have member's of my family whom I hardly see anymoer buy me presents and am going to ask them to either pick a charity of their choice and donate the amount of money they would spend on a gift for me, or I will pick a charity for them, as there are a couple that I regulary donate to. That's my two cents...

Does anyone celebrate Yule?

Starlyte , what a lovely way to celebrate christmas original.gif

I choose Familly and friends , but really its the tradition of Christmas I like , wether you spend the day on your own or with familly , or wether you celebrate Xmas=capatilist , Christmas , Honika or any other number of things you can not escape traditions . As a people we spend one day every year celebrating a tradition that has gone on for centuries and I think that is what Christmas really is . It's a tradition that bonds everyone together . original.gif

Now todays bonding execrsise is for all you Northern hemispherians .

I want you all to act as though it is Christmas day . Try to imagine what it is like to celebrate Christmas in Summer . Cooking a Turkey on a hot day crowded sweaty shopping centers . I love Christmas grin2.gif

I chose 'Making People Happy'.

Nothing makes me more happy than knowing I have been able to make someone else's life a little more happier even if it is just one day.

Kismit, I have always thought it would be strange to live south of the equator and celebrate Christmas in the summer.

But I chose family/friends, and I also enjoy the traditions of Christmas. I'm a little strange with this part, because I think Christmas is more than just a holiday or a particular time of the year. It's too hard for me to explain, but it's just that Christmas is too special to just call it a 'holiday'.

I voted for Relatives/Friends

I just love that time of the year. Snow on the ground, the smell of dinner in the oven. The noises of people enjoying themselves in conversations. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

I also think that it's a special time of year to spend with the ones you love. Near or far. original.gif

it's just that Christmas is too special to just call it a 'holiday'.

So true Homer .

Traditions are the ties that bind us original.gif