Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

Alphamale06

To say that God, as in the universal monthestic God, was an ET, would make him more like a tribal god of one of the polytheistic tribes. I can see that if there ever were Ancient Aliens, they could well be seen as a god by ancient peoples, but that's not the same thing as the universal God.

... but, if God did manifest in human form in the form of Jesus, then maybe it might be ...

... oh jeez, am I beginning to take this argument seriously now? :blink:

* to anthropomorphise

That points to whether or not aliens would be confused with Gods, based on their method and direction of travel (descending from the heavens or what not) and whatever technological wizardry they may have utilized (water into wine?). It all comes back to believing that ancient man must be dumb and couldn't tell the difference between the two. I certainly don't hold to that theory, not one bit. There really is no evidence to suggest that ancient Gods were just some vacationing aliens mingling with the locals and any comparison is, as I said, just superficial at best.

EDs. Or EPs.

Incidentally, back when UFOs were first popular back in the 50s, someone once referred to them as 'Otherplane aeroforms', or it may have been 'Otherform aeroplanes'. Either way, I rather like that, and I think it's rather a pity it didn't catch on.

I like 'Otherform Aeroplanes', made me smile just saying it. :lol:

That points to whether or not aliens would be confused with Gods, based on their method and direction of travel (descending from the heavens or what not) and whatever technological wizardry they may have utilized (water into wine?). It all comes back to believing that ancient man must be dumb and couldn't tell the difference between the two. I certainly don't hold to that theory, not one bit. There really is no evidence to suggest that ancient Gods were just some vacationing aliens mingling with the locals and any comparison is, as I said, just superficial at best.

except the first hand accounts of ancient man saying that they were gods from the sky. what else could they be? real gods fromt he sky?

But what if some life-forms come from other dimensions and other planes of existence outside our physical universe?

If we can't call them aliens, what can we call them?

if the hypothetical aliens are not from earth they will always be known as extra terrestrials, perhaps obviously. But you can call them them what you like, they wont be talking English to understand you anyway. And you hint at other dimensions.. but whats beyond space?

There is no space outside of space. Space can only be described in terms of the distance between physical objects.

As this is an 'Ancient Alien' thread I think these bible verses qualify to be stirred into the pot for fun speculation without derailing the thread-

ALIEN?- Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

STARSHIP? -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

RADIATION SHIELDING?- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)

GENESIS PROJECT? -"God made the worlds.." (Heb 11:3 KJV)

ORBITAL TRAJECTORY? - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isa 40:22)

WARP FACTOR 9? - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isa 19:1)

CLOAKING DEVICE? - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)

TIME DILATION? - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

MOTHERSHIP?- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)

STARGATE?- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

ACTIVATE TRANSPORTER?- Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

Edited by Crikey

except the first hand accounts of ancient man saying that they were gods from the sky. what else could they be? real gods fromt he sky?

Or they could just be an anthropomorphic view of a confusing concept. An allegory, if you will. In that case, the difference between Gods and aliens would be their physical existence. Were the ancients actually describing real world events or were they simply offering up these stories as an allegory to explain the unexplainable (at the time).?

Dont forget Poseidon. God of the sea. Gods from the sky? And the sea?

Edited by seeder

Another interesting question here is, the people who promote this theory often point to quotes from the Bible, don't they, about fiery Chariots and what not. But they wouldn't have seen those as gods, would they? Not the tribes of Israel. Their god, the God, was very particular about people having no other Gods but he, wasn't he. So could this have been a manifestation of God trying to tell them something through some inscrutable means? Their way of interpreting natural phenomenana? They talked about darkness at noon and so on (e.g. eclipses, perhaps), and the sun standing still (er, probably poetic imagery), but they wouldn't have taken them to be some local god dropping by to see how they were getting on, would they.

Quite interesting discussion this has been, now we're not talking endlessly about walls. I wonder where Zoser is? :unsure2:

As this is an 'Ancient Alien' thread I think these bible verses qualify to be stirred into the pot for fun speculation without derailing the thread-

ALIEN?- Jesus said "I am not of this world" (John 8:23)

STARSHIP? -"Praise to the Lord, to him who rides the ancient skies above, whose power is in the skies." (Psalm 68:33-34)

RADIATION SHIELDING?- God said "When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by" (Exodus 33:22)

GENESIS PROJECT? -"God made the worlds.." (Heb 11:3 KJV)

ORBITAL TRAJECTORY? - "God sits on the circle of the earth" (Isa 40:22)

WARP FACTOR 9? - "God rides upon a swift cloud" (Isa 19:1)

CLOAKING DEVICE? - "God goes by me but I see him not" (Job 9:10)

TIME DILATION? - "With God a thousand years are as one day" (2 Pet 3:8 )

MOTHERSHIP?- "I looked, and I saw a windstorm coming out of the north, the center of the fire looked like glowing metal" (Ezekiel 1:4)

STARGATE?- Jesus said - "Enter through the narrow gate, for wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it."(Matt 7:13)

ACTIVATE TRANSPORTER?- Jesus said- "I know where I came from and where I am going, but you have no idea where I come from or where I am going" (John 8:14)

Yeh and Harry Potter flies on a broomstick and can go invisible. Stories are great arent they? Pls dont repeat yourself, you started with a very similar set of quotes, as said - its a thread about ancient aliens.. but if God is the creator of everything, he remains god, whatever that is, and aliens will have been another creation of his. Please dont start quoting reams of biblical passages.. discuss Aliens here, if you want to talk god, go to the other part of the forum where you will find many very keen to discuss it with you

Edited by seeder

Quite interesting discussion this has been, now we're not talking endlessly about walls. I wonder where Zoser is? :unsure2:

Zoser will be here alright...he cant help himself, Brien Forester has over 600 vids, and so far zosers only posted about 30 of them....

Edited by seeder

Yeh and Harry Potter flies on a broomstick and can go invisible. Stories are great arent they? Pls dont repeat yourself, you started with a very similar set of quotea, as said - its a thread about ancient aliens.. but if God is the creator of everything, he remains god, whatever that is, and aliens will have been another creation of his. Please dont start quoting reams of biblical passages.. discuss Aliens here, if you want to talk god, go to the other part of the forum where you will find many very keen to discuss it with you

i don't know, like i said, it does make a bit of a change from walls. And it is, more or less, in keeping with the long forgotten original topic.

Or they could just be an anthropomorphic view of a confusing concept. An allegory, if you will. In that case, the difference between Gods and aliens would be their physical existence. Were the ancients actually describing real world events or were they simply offering up these stories as an allegory to explain the unexplainable (at the time).?

thats the question now isn't it? the thing about it is they all were talking about gods that came from the sea or the sky or both. wether you are looking at the hopi or ancient greece they are all talking about the same things. not to mention the star maps hidden in ancient sites, or is this another coincidences? I just would think aliens would be the most logical explanation, in my way of thinking that is.

This thread seams to be taking the long and winding road.

Zoser to the rescue. You can always rely on me Synch to add some zest to the debate.

All over Peru we see these strange cut outs on out crops and mountain sides. How were they done?

zoser80_zps07bac2c7.jpg

zoser81_zps77fd8afb.jpg

zoser83_zpsc221d065.jpg

zoser84_zps87fe0cea.jpg

zoser85_zps4956d3f9.jpg

Analogy is a very powerful tool and is the way to answer this question.

Use a soft material like clay or something similar:

DSC_0089_zps7a292240.jpg

DSC_0090_zps3032a2c2.jpg

DSC_0091_zpsc113ce6d.jpg

DSC_0092_zpsb4b75a42.jpg

DSC_0093_zps71bd57d3.jpg

yay, we're back to rocks.

Do you have any views on the God/Aliens/Jesus question, Z?

Considering Acient man had NO IDEA of advanced technology - In my opinion the AA theroy is far more beleivable than a real God.

Not that I beleive the AA theory, Im just saying...

If you knew nothing of Planes etc - and you saw a object, decending from the skys, and then people kind of humaniod walks out - what are you going to expect them to say....

"Oh beings from another planet, how is thee"

Yeahhhhhh Noooooo!

so, keeping it fresh, have a look at this vid and notice the polygonal walls:

This is Delphi, Greece: Temple of Apollo,

[media=]

[/media]

Funny that isnt it? Thought only Peruvians built that way?

BUT, if anyone were to Google up the words: "Polygonal Masonry" or even: " polygonal walls"

we see this style is found in quite a few other places too. Now below I present an image search results page, I haven't selected any particular image, the reader can do that for themselves

see more images of polygonal walls at Temple of Apollo, Delphi. (Oh and columns)

https://www.google.c...GOuv14QSO1oDgBA

and yet more at 'the Capitolium'

https://www.google.c...bMqjk4QSs8ICADQ

Must have been aliens all over the damned world!! And so have a quick browse of the first 2 paragraphs about this style in ITALY!

https://docs.google....Qh5N8kW2NZAErwg

Moving on to Cosa, Italy, and I quote:

"Limestone fortification walls of polygonal masonry from the Roman colony of Cosa (Tuscany, Italy), founded in 273 B.C. Note the three visible courses of quasi isodomic masonry visible beneath the larger polygonal blocks.

http://www.flickr.co...ich/4752324354/

and a wiki

http://en.wikipedia....walls_and_gates

So this IS evidence that not only Peruvians made irregular shaped stones into walls. Evidence that man did it, in many parts of the ancient world. And at no other site is there mention of softening stones to get a tight fit... wonder why that is?

Im not providing more... but Ive presented evidence of the style being used, further afield than has been mentioned here.

Excellent work by the stone masons again, I just hope Brien Forester doesn't go there - and in his lack of understanding attribute it to the AA

Puma Punku is interesting no doubt, as are all the other ancient sites. But...man did it.

zoser needs to 'read this post before he ignores it altogether, he tends to do that when I offer evidence

Puma Punk wasnt unique, the style is in many places

Edited by seeder

Considering Acient man had NO IDEA of advanced technology - In my opinion the AA theroy is far more beleivable than a real God.

Not that I beleive the AA theory, Im just saying...

If you knew nothing of Planes etc - and you saw a object, decending from the skys, and then people kind of humaniod walks out - what are you going to expect them to say....

"Oh beings from another planet, how is thee"

Yeahhhhhh Noooooo!

i do think that is true. Would anyone really expect a anicent Tribe to see a saucer landing and say "oh, that'll be an extraterrestrial spacecraft"? They'd be bound to put it in terms they could understand, wouldn't they.

The story of Jesus isn’t original. The same story is told as Asklepios, Hercules, Prometheus, Osiris, Horus, Mithra, Krishna, Buddha, Apollonius of Tyana, Zarathustra.

All these deities are much older than Jesus. You don’t have to be that intelligent to see where the authors of the Gospels got their inspiration from when they created the popular God-Man/World-Saviour of Antiquity. It's just the re-telling of a Pagan myth.

More likely than not, the Ancient Alien Theory is true.

well considering...even modern man...just 200 years ago, had no idea of 'advanced technology either'...I dont quite see your point

who would have thought then - that we'd fly to the moon? Have jet fighters? mobile phones? etc etc

Edited by seeder

i do think that is true. Would anyone really expect a anicent Tribe to see a saucer landing and say "oh, that'll be an extraterrestrial spacecraft"? They'd be bound to put it in terms they could understand, wouldn't they.

But would those terms that they could understand equate with Gods? I'm not so sure.

thats the question now isn't it? the thing about it is they all were talking about gods that came from the sea or the sky or both. wether you are looking at the hopi or ancient greece they are all talking about the same things.

So, to turn that on it's head, if humans are predisposed to explain things they don't understand, where would their gods come from in their explanatory fables if not from the very things they find unexplainable, like the sea and the sky?

If no aliens came, is it your position that ancient Man's god's would be like the God of the Elbow or something?

No. Ancient humans had the exact gods one would expect them to have, and no aliens need be involved at all.

Harte

• Like 2

zoser needs to 'read this post before he ignores it altogether, he tends to do that when I offer evidence

Puma Punk wasnt unique, the style is in many places

now those are close. but i dont think they are as exact and the size of the stones are a 1/4 to 1/3 the size used in peru. wouldnt the greek and european ones be alot younger when they had technology more refined?

The story of Jesus isn’t original. The same story is told as Asklepios, Hercules, Prometheus, Osiris, Horus, Mithra, Krishna, Buddha, Apollonius of Tyana, Zarathustra.

All these deities are much older than Jesus. You don’t have to be that intelligent to see where the authors of the Gospels got their inspiration from when they created the popular God-Man/World-Saviour of Antiquity. It's just the re-telling of a Pagan myth.

More likely than not, the Ancient Alien Theory is true.

actually it sounds like you quoted zeitgeist.. if you did and before you defend it, from memory Horus wasn't born December at all

quote:

The Zeitgeist movie makes these claims about the Egyptian god Horus:

• He was born on December 25 of a virgin (Isis Mary)

• A star in the East proclaimed his arrival

• Three kings came to adore the new-born “savior”

• He became a prodigious teacher at age 12

• At age 30 he was “baptized” and began a “ministry”

• Horus had twelve “disciples”

• Horus was betrayed

• He was crucified

• He was buried for three days

• He was resurrected after three days

If true, this would certainly be unsettling to followers of Christ. However, examining each point in detail is quite revealing. First, it is true that Egyptian legend has Horus being born to Isis. But where did the trailing name of “Mary” that used in the movie come from? No mention in any Egyptian literature links the name Isis to the name Mary. Isis was also not a virgin. No account of Horus’ birth makes this statement. Isis was not a virgin, but the widow of Osiris, another Egyptian god who conceived Horus with Isis. Finally, Horus was supposedly born during the month of Khoiak (Oct/Nov), and not on December 25, a fact which does not help their claim of marrying the stories of Horus and Jesus, anyway, because the Bible never assigns a birth date to Christ.

But would those terms that they could understand equate with Gods? I'm not so sure.

I think they would. What else might they see it as? Something unprecedented, particularly if it was coming out of the Sky, and if it was brightly lit, would most probably be seen as, depending on their cultural backgriound, either a god in person or a message from the God, I'd have thought. They wouldn't have thought of it as a balloon, or flares, after all. :blush:

the other thing is if anciant man was smart enough to come up with the astronomical knowledge given to them by "gods" and were advanced enough to make Gobli Tempe(sp?) and Puma Punku, then why would they make up these stories based on nothing? I mean wouldnt they say WE built puma punku not an unkown race of giants?

Edited by TheOtherSide1945