Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

World Divided over Bush Victory

• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121    Dancing_Dumplings

Dancing_Dumplings

broke.

• 2,653 posts

• <3 Ti amo Eva <3

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:41 PM

im·mi·grant   Audio pronunciation of "immigrant" ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (m-grnt)
n.

1. A person who leaves one country to settle permanently in another.
taken from dictonary.com
um..where does the "illegal" part come from?

Memories frozen in time...
^all of my personal photos. Everything I want you to see. Nothing more, nothing less.^

#122    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:46 PM

When they leave one country and live in another ILLEGALLY...  That is where the illegal part comes from....  

And yes, it sounds familiar Wun....  

Vim-  By your own admission you have called names, so please don't be in such denial that you would need it all pointed out for you... Just because someone says they don't care what you call them, doesn't mean you aren't calling them something.  This comes all from me, who has sat by for weeks now reading your posts.  I am a 3rd party, not connected to you or any of the people you have been offensive with, so why would I be lacking truth?  Wouldn't I be just a passerby, seeing things from an objective point of view?  How could my thinkng that that you are offensive be now skewed??  This is one person's perception on how you come across, if that isn't your wish to be percieved as such, then truthfully do an autopsy on your posts, and change the way you present yourself...

Reese

Edited by reese2, 07 November 2004 - 03:47 PM.

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

#123    twpdyp

twpdyp

GOP for Life

• 2,448 posts

• The first step in any self improvement program is to admit there is room for improvement.

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:51 PM

vimjams
Why is every response you post have to contain a personal attack or some other form of juvenile response.

vimjams Posted Today, 09:29 AM

but those of you who know me know that I will come up with something.

Yeah...I can do that by sticking my fingers down my throat!

Vimjams

Is it impossible for you to present an argument without resorting to name calling and insults. How old are you anyway, 10 or 12? I will not get into a flame war with you on this or any other forum. I can spar with the best of them on issues without calling up images of sticking ones fingers down ones throat. Not a very mature response, what you should have done is challenged me to come up with something. Instead you conjure up an image that makes you sound, to me at least, like you have some form of arrested development issue. It is perfectly fine and good to get passionate about topics that are important to you. But don't confuse passion with just plain being rude.

reese2 I also have gotten sucked into vimjam little rants.

As we go through this life reaching, striving, and straining for life's brass ring, has any of us ever stopped to wonder just who is running the Merry-Go-Round?
You must play the hand that life deals you, if you dealt the hand to yourself you must play that hand silently .

#124    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 03:53 PM

reese2 I also have gotten sucked into vimjam little rants.

I just simply wouldn't feed into it.  I would ignore him, but that is just me.  He is being seen for what he says and does, whether he chooses to see it or not.  

Reese

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

#125    zukie&jim

zukie&jim

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

• nothing PC about a sidwinder exploding in a hot tail pipe !

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:15 PM

cat.gif  there does seem to be something strange going on. it seems if you don't like certain policies instituted buy the GWB. your suddenly stamped a liberal .

there are allot of things about the WOT, the war in iraq , domestic issues, and general corruption and self dealings that i disagree with.

i have flown 238 combat missions in three different conflicts in my past 23 years of duty. people that i have known personally were KIA and MIA. and people that i knew personally from the UK were also interrorgated by saddams henchmen . no love lost at all between myself and saddam.

being that i am still in the reserves --i have to fly missions for the national defense and if conflicts start expanding-- i might once again --be flying in the ever so unfriendly skys.

i wonder how many who are so quick to put the liberal stamp on somebody else has ever had their boots tread through the sands of iraq or ever fired a round of ammunition in a real shooting war?

unfortunately it is a bit late to be wondering if the war in iraq is right or wrong. looking back it seems this "problem" could have been avoided. but there seemed to be too many "hawks" in control. now were over there--and going to be there for a while and the cost? it is going to be very high for everybody involved.

#126    vimjams

vimjams

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts

• it Itches

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:17 PM

Un-bloody-believable...You state yourselves so high and mighty...Yet when asked to prove your accusations you come up with nothing more than BullSh**.

Stellar gives as much as he gets...That's what I meant when I said he doesn't care...Which you (reading my posts) ought to have noticed as he follows me around like a limpet adding his own brand of insult.

Reese, if you have been reading my posts these pasts few weeks then you ought to have noticed through that veil of, self inflated importance covering your face, I have not personally insulted anybody.

What some of you do not like is the fact that I have constantly brought the attention of these forums...The articles and opinions that you do not like to hear. And your direct personal attacks on me have done little to dissuade me from these endeavours.
That pisses you off...And the answer to your weak and feeble arguments is to try and convince yourselves and others that it is Vimjams who is levelling insults at members.

Don’t just say it…Prove it.

Vimjams

Posted Image

#127    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:19 PM

Ok i'm closing this one before napalm starts getting thrown. Reasons for closure:

#1 Failure to stay on topic.
#2 Its a breeding ground for the argumentitive types who argue for argues sake.
#3 Its quickly turning into flame war.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me
Cadjole....i like that word, so much more sophisticated than bludgeon.
Vicious says: You are saying impudence to me! That is impudence!!!1

#128    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:36 PM

Topic re-opened.

However if some even thinks of posting any insultation, flaming etc etc it will be locked again. Play nice children.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me

#129    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• 1,303 posts

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:37 PM

Thank you BA.....   wub.gif

#130    Blood Angel

Blood Angel

Poltergeist

• 2,389 posts

• Deus Ex Conspiratio

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:43 PM

I'm wearing a super flame retardent bat suit..... o_o; I mean what i say.

Edited by Blood Angel, 07 November 2004 - 04:48 PM.

Fight Win Prevail - me
No guts No Glory - me

#131    thepsychoticseaotter

thepsychoticseaotter

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

• Ice, Snow, Blood and Iron!!!

Posted 07 November 2004 - 04:45 PM

Ok I hope no one takes this wrong..this is a paraphrase of the response I was going to give here until BA locked then reopened the thread un fortunately it got deleted so here it is to the best of my knowledge:

Reese I understand your position having been in some of that myself. And don't think for a second I am not suipporting the military I have nothing but love and repect for our troops I just disagree with the war.

But everyone needs to remember that I am a former Republican and conservative so I know where they come from.

However over time I found myself becoming a bit more Liberal than that party liked. But, I am not the illusioned liberal that belives that if the Dems get control all will change and everyone will live free.

I agree with the feelings against stem cell reaserch, Abortion and Gay rights..However I feel that these are moral issues wich the only person who can decide whether it is right or wrong is yourself. Once the Government decides your morals then you give away your freedom.

I voted for kerry partially because of this. I knew that if there became a republican majority this would start. Well now there is one and now I am worried.

So I am going to fight my former party and allies to ensure the freedom of the very people I disagree with. I will see that they are treated as equal as I am and have the same rights as I do. And I will see that they are not treated any different..to me that is as American and that is as Christian as it gets.

Ravens KeepA forum for Classic D&D, AD&D and the upcoming Castles and Crusades.

Soon it's over, all the dwarfs defeated
The silence of the caverns stand still
Orcs took the command of the caves and depths
The darklord has reached his will ---Battlelore

Fill my mug, I just want to forget
All the troubles and fighting
And the ghosts in my head --Battlelore

#132    jjtss

jjtss

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 405 posts

Posted 08 November 2004 - 03:59 AM

[quote=stillcrazy,Nov 3 2004, 06:44 PM]
Good post Lottie.

It seems that some of the former cold fish are realizing that they may need to kiss and make up with the Bush administration.

In the world of diplomacy, diplomats have a talent for talking out of both sides of their mouths at the same time.  They say one thing, think another and do still another.  Remember Pearl Harbor w00t.gif  wacko.gif  cool.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users