Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“I was childhood friends with a murderer"

judybloom

If you were able to go back and track people you once knew, you would be surprised with the contacts you had. In one town I lived in, three were convicted of murder. I knew two of the victims, one I had known since I was first in elementary school, the other a friend's boyfriend. You really never know what path some people will choose that will end up in stories like this.

hmmmm. . .would have been scarier if the body discovered was the same woman he almost shared with his friend. . .you'd think real life would have more of a flair for the dramatic. . .still. . .pretty messed up story. . .

My mom grew up next door to a kid that became a Serial Killer as an adult.

I do not think this story is true. He changed the name of his friend the murderer. Why would you do that? You are certainly not protecting someone innocent. It is not like he could be sued for defamation of character; you are not going to ruin a murderer's reputation by discussing his drug use. The only. reason to change it would be because this person doesn't really exisit.

I do not think this story is true. He changed the name of his friend the murderer. Why would you do that? You are certainly not protecting someone innocent. It is not like he could be sued for defamation of character; you are not going to ruin a murderer's reputation by discussing his drug use. The only. reason to change it would be because this person doesn't really exisit.

Or he figures if we know who the guy is, then we'd know where he grew up and then where he went to school. . .then who his friends are. . .the type of dog he had. . .

He's trying overall to protect himself I say. . .Dale Bailey. . .is a psuedonym. . .and quite possibly he's the real murderer. . .that's right. . .it's a frame job. . .

Then again. . .maybe he doesn't want to give this guy more notoriety than he already has. . .

• Like 1

@woodsbooger now I want to know who the Serial Killer is.

Douglas Gretzler.

i've known two stabbers, both eunuchs, a serial killer and a 7ft black man who committed manslaughter when he was a child, they're all really bitter, twisted scum bags but they don't compare to the police i know...

i've known two stabbers, both eunuchs, a serial killer and a 7ft black man who committed manslaughter when he was a child, they're all really bitter, twisted scum bags but they don't compare to the police i know...

Oh here we go again. wonder who this police basher could be. I doubt this is really his first post, just a new identity.

Oh here we go again. wonder who this police basher could be. I doubt this is really his first post, just a new identity.

Its none of my business but he said "the police he knows". Can't really understand how that could offend you as you probably don't know the police he knows...

Here in my little rural Ohio town I once lived next door to a woman who had shot and killed her father at the age of 14. It seems that he had been molesting her since she was very, very young and she had found that he was now starting to molest her 10 year old sister. She caught him coming down the stairs in the morning after he'd spent a night of drinking and she blasted the heck out of the pervert with a shot gun. The trial was all over the news for months but I wouldn't have had a clue who she was unless my mother, who worked at the court, had not recognized her. Shen then had two little girls of her own who played with my own kids.

The really heartening part of this story is that by some miracle even way back in 1962, my little hometown jury listened to what this girl had endured, adjudicated her innocent of all charges and released her.

I didn't live there that long but she was a nice neighbor, a quiet person, really too quiet, you could tell that there was damage to her self-esteem and it always broke my heart knowing what she had been put through but while I was there both she and her little girls were welcome into my home any time. To this day my kids have no idea what the mother of their little friends background was.

Edited by Vincennes

The guidance counselor at my high school was babysat by Ed Gein - who became immortalized both as Leatherface in Texas Chainsaw Massacre AND Buffalo Bill in Silence of the Lambs. A good friend's hair dresser was Eric Rudolph - Olympic Park bomber and bomber of multiple abortion clinics.