Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black Eyed Kids: Insidious Threat or Myth

Big Bad Voodoo

• 3 weeks later...

Accounts I have read, not experienced, are that they are hypnotic, persistent and bring with them a overwhelming sense of doom and dread. They could be an alien hybrid or,vampire? They obviousally need to be invited in to do their bidding. They'll say ''This wont' take long" and ask for a phone to call their parents, a car ride home. They'll knock on your door or tap on your window. Creepy I'd like to learn more.

I'll go with the, I am a really doing this because my parents do not show enough care for me so I need attention, and even if it's negative (or ridicule). Sad really. JMO.

• Like 1

A book about them was released in the recent past. Now, we just need a movie, but I fear that it would be full of bells and whistles that make the urban legend unrecognizable to people who know about it. A documentary would be good if it stuck to the popular narrative with which we're familiar. It may be difficult to find witnesses to interview, though. ;-)

Black eyed kids are not a thing. The story is a scary one, don't get me wrong. I still get the heebie jeebies whenever I have to go to my car or unlock my front door at night. God help me if I have to fumble with my keys. However, the earliest that I know of the story ever being told was the mid-1990s, via Internet, no less. I may be wrong about this - feel free to correct me if I am - but that in and of itself says it's all just bull****. Horrifying, pants-wetting bull****.

• Like 1

Black eyed kids are not a thing. The story is a scary one, don't get me wrong. I still get the heebie jeebies whenever I have to go to my car or unlock my front door at night. God help me if I have to fumble with my keys. However, the earliest that I know of the story ever being told was the mid-1990s, via Internet, no less. I may be wrong about this - feel free to correct me if I am - but that in and of itself says it's all just bull****. Horrifying, pants-wetting bull****.

Brian Bethel might have started the trend in the late '90s. He claimed that a group of black-eyed male teens approached his parked car one night. They wanted a lift or ride home, but Bethel experienced a feeling of dread when they talked with him. It would be nice to hear an interview with him.

http://extremesfx.co...n-contacts.html

These are about $130 a pair.

I found a place in the UK that sells them for $30 a pair.

And before someone says "a kid can't afford those" - you mean the kid that has a $300 phone in their pocket and an $600 IPad?

Gotta get me some of dem. Time for some late night scares hehehe

Probably just a defect...I knew a brother and sister with really black eyes but they didn't try to kill me.

I'd love photo's, like legit photo's, of these people, perhaps even an interview/video.

they are true and freaky and they come with my aunt every couple days and happen to be my cousins

one of them keep demanding that he play on my pc too but i don't allow him coz he might kill it

I think it's kids wearing black eye contacts. And scaring people. Don't think there aliens To be completely honest.

• Like 1

Probably just a defect...I knew a brother and sister with really black eyes but they didn't try to kill me.

I'd love photo's, like legit photo's, of these people, perhaps even an interview/video.

Brian Bethel, a real person, started the stories. It would be great to hear an interview with him. I think that he claimed that the BEKs showed up at various locations on the night that he fled from them. It was like they could pop up here and there through some kind of teleportation.

If these kids have ever actually appeared at all, I'm putting my money on hoodlums with contacts. That being said, it's not the eyes that I find strange - for that reason exactly. It's not like those contacts are a rarity. It's the supposed overwhelming sense of doom and dread that creeps me out. Even if I were to be approached by supposed B.E.K.s, though, the psychology of the situation is huge. Even if they were just kids with contacts, knowing the story would put me at even more unease.

Damn kids.

• Like 1

you don't have as many sightings of these critters as you do bigfoot

are they capturable?

LOL, sure

I have a friend who has black eyes.. lovely girl named Li.. so far I have not seen here do anything insidious .. kinky yes.. insidious no..

Like above, its so very easy to get full black, schlera lenses that cover your entire eye.

As far as the feeling of dread and doom, that's easy.

You throw in a creepy child, with full black eyes at that (not knowing they were contacts) then that's enough to make anyone feel uneasy like something bad is going to happen.

It's just some kids having fun. Unless something horrible happens, we will never know what exactly they are.

The only way we can know is if we DO invite them inside.

Unless they produce evidence for this, I call BS. Unsurprisingly, the link is to a conspiracy site. Meh.

Unless they produce evidence for this, I call BS. Unsurprisingly, the link is to a conspiracy site. Meh.

Agreed. Also, I saw the same story on a website called CreepyPasta, which is intended for short scary stories to read and ruin your bedtime. xD

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, stories of 'black eyed people' date back hundreds of years. Early stories include 'The Brown Lady of Raynham Hall'. Several people witnessed this ghost 'with black eye sockets'. (Black eyes or empty sockets?)

Several books contain ghost stories referring to 'black eyed people' with many of the stories dated prior to the Internet.

'Black Eyed Kids' were thrust into the paranormal limelight via Brian's story, but I that was just one of many 'Black Eyed People' stories that were already circulating.

www.paranormal.about.com and www.theshadowlands.net and many other sites have several reader submitted stories about 'black eyed kids/people'. The stories range in date from very recent to very old.

Does this all prove that the 'black eyed kids' stories are true? No, of course not. But it does add another dimension to the discussion. I'll dig some of the stories up to share with everyone. There is a story from a Marine seeing a black eyed child show up at his dormitory on base. Another is from woman shopping at Walmart. And still another is from a woman picking up a cup of coffee.

An interesting common theme is the feeling of fear when folks run into these things. It's also notable that the feeling of fear often comes before the person realizes that they are dealing with a 'black eyed person'.

A sampling of stories:

http://paranormal.ab...eyed-people.htm

Edited by auramyst
  • Like 1

I think we have to get past the idea that they are just pranksters wearing contacts. Kids wearing contacts do not bring a feeling of doom.

• Like 1

I've read stories about B.E.K's and I must say they are creepy. I read one, where the person talked about how he or someone he knows let some B.E.K's into his home and they tried to trap to the person.

Also, someone where online I came across a picture of one of the B.E.K's and it scared me. I had nightmares for weeks and felt unease for a long time. I guess that was because I had read so many stories about them the night they started. Anyways, from what I've read about them they seem to want to cause harm to people.

• Like 1

I've read stories about B.E.K's and I must say they are creepy. I read one, where the person talked about how he or someone he knows let some B.E.K's into his home and they tried to trap to the person.

Also, someone where online I came across a picture of one of the B.E.K's and it scared me. I had nightmares for weeks and felt unease for a long time. I guess that was because I had read so many stories about them the night they started. Anyways, from what I've read about them they seem to want to cause harm to people.

Id like to read that one where the person let the B.E.K into his home? if you can find it, because iv read about how there always incessent to be invited in but the person doesnt let them..I would love to read one where the kid is actually let in!

• Like 2