Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * - - 12 votes

Tantalising Testimony

• Please log in to reply
5532 replies to this topic

#4606    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:00 AM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 06:44 PM, said:

It's more a refusal to dismiss things.  Trust doesn't really come into it.

I beg your pardon?

You just refused to discuss the possibility of a hoax with S2F. That is a blatant example of dismissal, and that which you state you take no part in. Yet, here we are. Should I offer a list of subjects that I have countered that you have refused to discuss? Again?

Are you ever "straight up" with people? Seriously, you are one person I would never, ever do business with. You are indeed trusting these people, Have you ever met one person in all the cases you have presented? Have you ever delved into the personal history on one person in any case you have presented? In fact, whilst you claim to question testimony, if ever you do put on that facade, it lasts no more than a day, and then you are back with regarding said testimony as gospel.

And then you tell people in the forum to stop thinking academically, throw away the text books and run with testimony. So you want everyone to simply trust whatever they hear, as long as you find it personally fascinating. As achievements man has made over the last 30 years you find "unimpressive" but you find crap like this "impressive". The hypocritical part is how often you tell people to do some research when you insist people do exactly the opposite. Just what do you want from other posters? You are maddeningly ambiguous, but unable to hide your true agenda.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4607    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:14 AM

View Postzoser, on 29 November 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

What annoys me is the way that certain people proceed; a total unwillingness to review the case that has with it a definite sense of arrogance.  No attempt at putting forward facts and reasons.  

That is exactly 100% how I see pretty much every one of your posts. Heck, you try to tell a rocket scientist he does not know rocket science, and that you know better right here on these boards. I think that is a blatant example of exactly what you are describing here. And you are rude to people with obviously far, far more experience than yourself.

And when people put up facts, you say throw away the textbooks and use your inner instinct. Yet here you are asking for them again??? You just dismissed S2F and in the next post said you refuse to partake in dismissal. What the heck is going on with you Zoser? Nothing you say makes sense or matches up.

Do you actually want to discuss these cases, or do you just want to be impressed by them? This thread is right off the rails.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#4608    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 28 November 2012 - 09:26 AM, said:

I don't know, two sources say the same thing, I do not know why they would be wrong at this stage. Test dates are listed in the article, and the Spanish source agrees that the dates match. I remember EOT trying to say that a Russin ICBM was in fact over Israel, and that clearly was not the case, but that distance puts the testing grounds within the ranges of the missile, as the testing range is a very large area.

I hate to tell ya, but that article in Spanish didn't even mention the year 1976 at all, not about the Canary Islands UFOs, missiles or anything else.  It explained nothing at all about the 1976 UFO, no matter that it was using some Russian colonel as a source.

They had no real evidence for anything.

#4609    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:38 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Hey 747, you are right of course, maybe a bowl shaped craft is aesthetically pleasing to the aliens as well, who knows? It was more of a satirical observation than anything else. Honestly though, I'd be a bit disappointed if that was the culmination of alien design.

Posted Image

Why don't we see any craft like this?

I really like the Vulcan design. That ring would make a perfect warp bubble, and can move to change dynamics.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#4610    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:44 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 November 2012 - 01:37 AM, said:

I hate to tell ya, but that article in Spanish didn't even mention the year 1976 at all, not about the Canary Islands UFOs, missiles or anything else.  It explained nothing at all about the 1976 UFO, no matter that it was using some Russian colonel as a source.

They had no real evidence for anything.

Did you end up procuring a translation?

#4611    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:13 AM

View PostSlave2Fate, on 29 November 2012 - 08:33 PM, said:

I don't know, it looks like a scouting vessel with the searchlights on it. B)

Regardless, I'm still a bit confounded by the apparent uninspired design features of supposed alien craft. 57 species (allegedly) and all we get to see are discs and spheres? <_<

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

LINK - Starshine.

#4612    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:18 AM

View PostMistyW, on 30 November 2012 - 12:53 AM, said:

There's so many eyewitness accounts out there, but not all of them can possibly be true. But I do hold the belief that there are indeed otherwordly beings out there -- it would be egotistical to assume we are the only ones in the universe.

That is a rare position to assume we are the only life and I have only ever seen one or two people on these boards suggest such, and even then as a thought experiment. It's what we have proof for.

#4613    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:21 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 November 2012 - 01:44 AM, said:

Did you end up procuring a translation?

Well, I can translate it myself.  You know?  I've been around.....

#4614    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 29,824 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 03:54 AM

View PostTheMacGuffin, on 30 November 2012 - 03:21 AM, said:

Well, I can translate it myself.  You know?  I've been around.....

Nice! You are a man of many talents. I did not realise you speak Spanish! What was the picture referring to if the Canary Island UFO was not mentioned?

And thanks for the heads up, handy to know we might call on your translating talents again if that is OK.

#4615    TheMacGuffin

TheMacGuffin

Government Agent

• 4,159 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 06:49 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 November 2012 - 03:54 AM, said:

Nice! You are a man of many talents. I did not realise you speak Spanish! What was the picture referring to if the Canary Island UFO was not mentioned?

And thanks for the heads up, handy to know we might call on your translating talents again if that is OK.

If that picture was from the 1976 UFO incident, they didn't mention it at all in the text.

#4616    Matt Vinyl

Matt Vinyl

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 131 posts

• "And has this ever happened before, minister?" "Yes, but only ever in the past, Bryan..."

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM

Heh, Psyche, those images remind me a bit of:
Posted Image
Hmm, bio-mechanical craft? There's a thought...

PS: Image is of one of a Combine gunship from the game Half Life 2.

And do you ever contradict yourself? Well, yes and no...

#4617    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,267 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 29 November 2012 - 11:12 PM, said:

I do not find that unreasonable, but I do find it unsupported. Many stories claims beings that are very much physical. I m not understanding why both methods would be deployed, that seems to not make sense to me.
I also think that a robot, or drone, would not have the intelligence to completely elude the entire planet. Even the most complex computers still do not think, in fact computers are efficient, not smart they cannot even subtract. They add negatives. They only do what they are programmed to do, and in an Alien envoronment, I would consider it impossible to be prepared for every eventuality. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one.
I think what you have is an interesting thought experiment, and something we might consider someday, but I think a few holes need to be filled yet and I am not sure it would adequately explain the phenomena. I do feel natural phenomena captures a larger part but all in all, from what I have understood, the phenomena simply must have many answers, not a single one.
Surely the obvious answer to that is that Extraterretrial technology would surely be far in advance of ours, and I really don't think it would that be that much of a leap to suppose that they'd have developed AI? Besides, these probes would not necessarily want, or need, to evade the entire planet; just pop up here & there unobtrusively. Something the size of a small microwave oven would only be noticed by anyone who happened to be immediately in the vicinity when it did pop up, and would probably be unnoticed by the Military. Machines also break down, have accidents, all sorts of things, but we do not have one, you say? Well, there've been plenty of reports of UFO crashes, haven't they.... I'm sure we could all think of at least one .. :innocent:

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4618    Admiral Rhubarb

Admiral Rhubarb

An Inspiration to Millions

• 23,267 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:51 AM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

indeed, that is something worth considering, and much along the lines of what I was thinking about. I mean, these are things that we are steadily developing the technology to be able to do, so for any race that's managed to crack interdimensional or wormhole travel, that'd probably be as common as cell phones are to us.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#4619    DBunker

DBunker

Government Agent

• 3,484 posts

• I prefer to know, not just to believe.

Posted 30 November 2012 - 11:42 AM

Like UFOology itself.... If there ever was anything with substance in this thread, it is drowned by the gigantual amount of garbage.

Sad really.

Now that communications technology has made it possible to give global reach to the bizarre and archive it forever, it is essential for men and women of reason resolutely to counter the delusions of the fringe element. James S. Robbins

#4620    Slave2Fate

Slave2Fate

Bloodstained Hurricane

• 6,414 posts

• If you don't believe the sun will rise
    Stand alone and greet the coming night
    In the last remaining light -Audioslave

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

View PostMatt Vinyl, on 30 November 2012 - 07:24 AM, said:

Posted Image

PS: Image is of one of a Combine gunship from the game Half Life 2.

That brings back some memories. I hated those damn things. :tu:

I wonder if the end of the world will precede Half-Life 2 ep. 3 or Half Life 3? <_<

"You want to discuss plausibility then you have to accept reality." -Mattshark

"Don't argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level then beat you with experience." -Obviousman

You know... the plural of ``anecdote'' is not ``data''. Similarly, the plural of ``random fact'' is not ``mystical symbolism''. -sepulchrave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users