Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 7 votes

The Ancient Alien Theory Is True

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10148 replies to this topic

#4216    seeder

seeder

Nut Cracker

• 9,246 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

Another thing Zoser: have you checked how natural granite formations sometimes look? Google "granite" AND "shine" or "gloss" or whatever.

Btw, you advised me to 'do some research'. Well, I do, but I have been busy with botany., and how chemicals from plant roots and chemicals formed by lichen are able to attack and dissolve rock like granite.

Just so you know I am not sitting on my flat behind doing nothing, lol.

see some of these snaps of rocks for natural shine, soft edges, and a 'vitrified' look in parts

http://forums.steves...ian-shores.html

these are just seaside/shoreside rocks

Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored
It's not the depth of the rabbit hole that bugs me... It's all the rabbit poop you stumble over on your way down...
“It's easier to fool people - than to convince them that they have been fooled.”  Mark Twain

#4217    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM

And Zoser, did you read my comment of yesterday, about this photo you posted?

Posted Image

It not only doesn't have that shine, but it does have many tiny dents as if someone has been hammering it like crazy

Edited by Abramelin, 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM.

#4218    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:51 PM

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

see some of these snaps of rocks for natural shine, soft edges, and a 'vitrified' look in parts

Yes, and my point is that this natural shine caused by microbes, algae and weeds is caused by these life forms chemically weathering the stone, and that this process can be sped up by extracting these chemicals in large quantities, concentrate them and so on.

#4219    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Don't forget that this vitrification does exist all in nature, and alludes to volcanic or high temperature processes.

As I said to seeder though it's erroneous to think that the rock was vitrified to begin with as a little research soon verifies.

Posted Image

I believe you.  Keep up the good work; anything I say is only light hearted jest I can assure you.

Edited by zoser, 06 January 2013 - 04:58 PM.

Posted Image

#4220    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:06 PM

Like I said: the same shine is caused by life forms chemically altering the surface of rocks.

Edited by Abramelin, 06 January 2013 - 05:07 PM.

#4221    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

You also see

View Postseeder, on 06 January 2013 - 04:46 PM, said:

You also see shine on cobbled streets.  In the vitrification documentary they make it clear that there is a difference between this kind of shine and the vitrification effect.

No doubt lots of things can cause a similar effect.

The only one explanation that fits all the evidence is heat.

The sinking in effect seen in the dismantled stones is the big give away, as is the moulding on the larger stones.

All points to the same thing.

Posted Image

This is not deliberate pounding.  It just doesn't make sense.  It's stones of different weight sinking in to soft stone.

That's how the lips and steps are explained:

Posted Image

Not deliberate.  Just a difference in weight and perhaps the stone got too soft.

Was this an accident or an attempted repair while the stone was in a soft state ?:

Posted Image

And were these marks accidents?

Posted Image

Also notice the vitrification on these stones.  Whatever the marks are deliberate or accidental they support the same basic principle of heat being involved.

Apologies for posting these again.  I just think it's important not to pick out specific cases in nature to use as counter evidence.  All the evidence has to be examined.

Edited by zoser, 06 January 2013 - 05:27 PM.

Posted Image

#4222    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM

Maybe a stupid question, but did anyone ever try out melting granite and sandstone in some oven?

If so, how did the surface look and are there photos available online?

#4223    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

Maybe a stupid question, but did anyone ever try out melting granite and sandstone in some oven?

If so, how did the surface look and are there photos available online?

It would need to be very high temperature.  I would have thought using an oxy-acetylene torch may be a better option.  Just heat it locally and see what the effect is.  Andesite would be better since most of the relics seem to be made of that.

I'll see if I can arrange something.  Friend of mine has a car repair workshop.  Can't say if andesite is here but plenty of red granite in the Channel Islands.

Edited by zoser, 06 January 2013 - 05:38 PM.

Posted Image

#4224    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 January 2013 - 05:35 PM, said:

It would need to be very high temperature.  I would have thought using an oxy-acetylene torch may be a better option.  Just heat it locally and see what the effect is.  Andesite would be better since most of the relics seem to be made of that.

I'll see if I can arrange something.  Friend of mine has a car repair workshop.  Can't say if andesite is here but plenty of red granite in the Channel Islands.

I once visited Machu Picchu (1991) and as a souvenir I took a little granite (??) stone (of a bit more than an inch long) from the site.

Lately I have been thinking of putting it in my microwave oven just to see the result, but maybe that's not a good idea.

==

I do hope you can persuade your friend.

I haven't heard of JGirl lately, after I asked her to use the leaves of Caladium she grows in her garden....

Btw, another contender to the 'throne' is the Begonia.

There is a variety growing on stone. Google "Machu Picchu" AND "Begonia", and you will see photos of Begonia growing on rock:

Posted Image

Edited by Abramelin, 06 January 2013 - 06:03 PM.

#4225    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 05:52 PM, said:

I once visited Machu Picchu (1991) and as a souvenir I took a little granite stone (of a bit more than an inch long) from the site.

Lately I have been thinking of putting it in my microwave oven just to see the result, but maybe that's not a good idea.

Only if you can afford to scrap the microwave; or it may be ok.

Do microwaves only cook something containing liquids?

Edited by zoser, 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM.

Posted Image

#4226    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:04 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 January 2013 - 05:55 PM, said:

Only if you can afford to scrap the microwave; or it may be ok.

Do microwaves only cook something containing liquids?

You ever touched the plastic container or ceramic bowl in which you prepared your meal?

#4227    Carl203

Carl203

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:18 PM

http://www.ajnr.org/.../24/6/1142.full

This is an x-ray of King Tut. Child of Akhenaten. Fat, rounded, elongated skull. NOT flat and manipulated as with wrappings or boards.

#4228    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:21 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 06 January 2013 - 06:04 PM, said:

You ever touched the plastic container or ceramic bowl in which you prepared your meal?

Isn't that just conduction through the food?  That said I did see a guy transform a piece of glass into a plasma state in a microwave once.

Posted Image

#4229    zoser

zoser

Sapphire

• 10,009 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

View PostCarl203, on 06 January 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

http://www.ajnr.org/.../24/6/1142.full

This is an x-ray of King Tut. Child of Akhenaten. Fat, rounded, elongated skull. NOT flat and manipulated as with wrappings or boards.

Interesting; maybe the representations of the Armana family were more than just artistic license?

Posted Image

#4230    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,089 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:30 PM

View Postzoser, on 06 January 2013 - 06:21 PM, said:

Isn't that just conduction through the food?  That said I did see a guy transform a piece of glass into a plasma state in a microwave once.

Microwaves work by heating polar molecules, and they are present in some plastics and ceramics.