Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The forum is haunted!

Nadia B.

So, while happily pm'ing away with someone, we both noticed some random "attached thumbnail" images added into our posts. In one of my replies, the forum added a nice pic of George Bush for me. In one of the other party's replies, it decided to add in a pic of an older distinguished gentleman in a polo.

:blink:

Erm... why? :lol:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nadia B.

• Saru

• arenee

• Bracket

Sounds like the government is doing it. It's part of their evil plan to make people like Bush........ Or whatever. :huh:

Well, I have to say, I have not the first image of him anywhere on this computer. :lol:

So, it's either the government, or the forum is haunted. I suppose it could go either way. :hmm:

lool ... i wonder what random picture i'd get !

this is proving to be interesting feature .. if it was one already :lol:

Well, as I said to the person I was talking to (who actually noticed it first), what's going to happen if I p*** someone off who pm's me. I'll be trying to make things all better, and some stupid pic will get attached like an lolcat saying "uz r stoopidz". :no:

I want pictures....But I get to request what they are , they can't be random.....

Anyway you can post them?

If not use tineye , see if you get any hits...

http://www.tineye.com/

Pics of what? *whispers* Sakari, this isn't the status update about bra shopping. :w00t:

This happens when Pax PMs me. He's always confused as to how it got there....

That's very strange, i've never heard of such a thing occuring.

So, while happily pm'ing away with someone, we both noticed some random "attached thumbnail" images added into our posts. In one of my replies, the forum added a nice pic of George Bush for me. In one of the other party's replies, it decided to add in a pic of an older distinguished gentleman in a polo.

When did the attachments begin to appear specifically, was it today ?

This happens when Pax PMs me. He's always confused as to how it got there....

Can you remember roughly how long you've been noticing this or when it started ? How often does it happen ?

:blink:

Erm... why? :lol:

It's not haunted by ghosts...this is more likely the work of...

ninjas.jpg

:lol:

LOL, Spider. :P

Saru, I didn't notice it until just last night. It's happened a total of 3 times. It seems rather random in nature.

You should've seen the pic. :lol: Instead of old gray haired dude, I chose to be a lil more PC. :innocent:

Edited by Nadia B.

That's very strange, i've never heard of such a thing occuring.

When did the attachments begin to appear specifically, was it today ?

Can you remember roughly how long you've been noticing this or when it started ? How often does it happen ?

I think the first time it happened was a bit over a month ago but I just joined the forum recently. I don't know if it's occurred to anyone else before then. It also happens randomly. Once it was three times in a day, and then weeks without one. Any idea what's causing it? I can go back through my messages and find an exact date if you'd like.

At the moment i've no idea what would cause this, i'll keep investigating though and see if anything comes up.

At the moment i've no idea what would cause this, i'll keep investigating though and see if anything comes up.

I talked to Pax today and he said it happens occasionally and has been since he joined. He's been on quite a while so apparently it has been happening and maybe just was not reported. Maybe it is haunted! ;) good luck finding the problem!

• 3 weeks later...

Muahahha. My evil plan is working...

smiley-vault-signs-131.gif

the only time i remember this happening was when i use to use instant messenger in hotmail.

a virus would infiltrate the conversation and send pics and links as though it was me or the person i was chatting with sending them.

Muahahha. My evil plan is working...

smiley-vault-signs-131.gif

Somewhere there's a guy around here with a big ol stick that's gonna smack you for that. :lol: Strange. I don't think it's happened recently. Honestly I'd not have noticed even if the other person hadn't mentioned it. I just saw the pic and figured he was some old dude gettin frisky. :lol: When I scrolled up and saw one of my pm's had GW in it... well I knew it was just busted.

Its not malware, its most likely a bug with the way attachments are assigned to forum private message IDs. A fix was recently implemented relating to the performance of attachment queries so its possible you won't see this happen again.