Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Need some advice on the unforgiveable sin...

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 02 July 2005 - 04:37 AM

QUOTE(Ashley-Star*Child @ Jul 1 2005, 08:43 PM)
People that 'hate God' obviously must believe in His existence to 'hate' Him. People 'hate God' for alot of different reasons. Maybe you should ask him what it is that he thinks God has done/hasn't done to cause such hate. There's always a reason behind hate.

View Post

Yes, that's what I planned to do, just have a friendly conversation and ask him why he despises God and get some more info on his view.

#17    Ashley-Star*Child

Ashley-Star*Child

Alien Abducter

• 5,014 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 05:26 AM

A least that will get to the core of the problem.

Edited by Ashley-Star*Child, 02 July 2005 - 05:27 AM.

Posted Image

#18    Mr Slayer

Mr Slayer

Stay SLA

• 1,329 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:39 AM

To be forbidden to criticize, or how you put it- "blasphemise", a spiritual authority like god, is to approach spiritual slavery.

All bodies of power, just because they have power, should be scrutinized and criticized. So according to me, your friend has all the right in the world to say what he likes, when he likes and how he likes it if it has to do with his private life.

#19    isis-999

isis-999

Goddess Of Darkness and Desire

• 5,312 posts

• The Bestowed Eye's of my God, Eye's of my past, lover of my future.. A Thousand's lifes all to live this One...The Steel Circle,

Posted 02 July 2005 - 06:43 AM

TD some times people are just mad at GOD they feel he let them down for what ever reason, if he is a good friend try to think about what could have happen in his live to make him feel that way also sometimes people, will not listen until they are ready, if you can let him bring the subject up, them he may be more willing to listen to what you have to say, good luck,  ps no one is lost as long as they are still living! innocent.gif

Posted Image
THE BESTOWED EYE'S OF MY GOD... GODDESS OF DESIRE....http://paranormalborder.net/index/
Sig By: Arsenik...... My Favorite vampire!!

#20    Ken1Burton

Ken1Burton

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 357 posts

• To Ugly to photograph.

Posted 03 July 2005 - 04:03 AM

When Jesus took the sin of the world, He did not get a pardon, He had to die to fulfill Scripture:

(DEUTERONOMY 24:16) The fathers shall not be put to death for the
children, neither shall the children be put to death for the
fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin. (KJV)

The sins of the world belonged to Jesus, they were His, and they were unpardonable.

There will never come a day when the love of God will not be able to overcome a person's hate for Him. Jesus said to love our enemy that we might be as our Father. HINT.

When Jesus said "It is finished." covering Bob's anger was part of what was completed. Covering unbelief was also finished as God concluded all in unbelief that He might (and did) have mercy on all.

God and Jesus are not pieces of toast that need to be buttered up. God would rather have a person's anger come out at Him, then at another human.

The Holy Spirit never forgives. Many people never forgive a baby for spitting up on them. Same reason, they never took offense. It is the Holy Spirit, not the grudging spirit.

The Holy Spirit has an objective, that is bring people into the knowledge of the love of God. He does not have time to hold grudges. He has work to do. And He does it because He also loves God's creation. Mankind being what all creation was created for. In the Image of God.

Ken

Know the Truth and it will set you free, Share the Truth, He's worth knowing.

#21    nativechick1989

nativechick1989

Forum Divinity

• 22,948 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 05:42 AM

All you can do for him, is keep him in your prayers.

A person should have the freedom to choose which belief and path they wish to follow.

*Remember - some people do not like to be preached to!

Edited by nativechick1989, 04 July 2005 - 05:43 AM.

#22    Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:39 PM

TD, the unforgiveable sin is to so harden oneself to Jesus that one will never ask for forgiveness.  We cannot know if someone has done this.  Our commission is try to share the forgiveness that is offered not to try to figure if someone will never be reached.  Usually the fear isn't that a friend may have committed this sin but oneself, for Hebrews says that once one has tasted the heavenly gift and then turned away it is impossible to restore him to repentance.  I sure thought I did that once - but there is a simple test for that.  If a person can genuinely repent and ask for forgiveness then they have not committed that sin for if we confess our sins He is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  I pray for success with your friend - and not to argue with anyone in this thread, for I wll not respond to rebutalls as that is not my heart here - TD, if Jesus is the only way (and He is - and I think you believe that too) then remember that good intentions pave the way to hell.  It may sound tolerant and modern to say that you should let you friend find his "own path" and his "own god" - yet no one would say this if we were talking about other issues such as choosing between easing one's pain in alchohol or seeking medical interention for clinical depression.  We would never say "well you know SSRIs have worked for some but my friend has found the Smirnoff path."   If you are indeed a Christian, letting your friend simply follow his own path is the most unloving thing you could do.  Blessings to you.

#23    GIDEON MAGE

GIDEON MAGE

MASTER PSYCHIC

• 3,813 posts

• I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT I PERCEIVE WITH MY OWN PSYCHIC POWERS, OR MAKES LOGICAL SENSE. SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT WORKS AND I'LL AGREE.

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:29 PM

The following is not addressed to any previous poster, so please don't take offense.
One of the most heinous sins, but not unforgiveable (there is no such thing to any who believe in a loving god) is to interfere with another's beliefs and to try to shove your religion down their throat when they are happy with their relationship with god.  Just like in medicine, there are many different cures, and sometimes more than one version of the same drug, there is only one God and thousands of paths that all lead to god.  To proselytize is like trying to make someone change from advil to ibuprofen.  It is meaningless, and could hurt in the long run.  There is no such thing as "one's own god", just "one's own path" to the same God.  All religion boils dwon to three words in the English language "Don't hurt people!"  THe rest is gloss and unnecessary.  "Don't kill" because it would hurt someone.  "Don't commit suicide or overdo drugs or alcohol" because you are someone.  "honor your moither and father" because they are people.  When people "witness" to someone who already has a path to god, and is not in a hopeless wallow of despair, they are hurting that person.  This goes especially to missionaries of any faith, and those annoying pests that knock on your door.  
they bring hurt, not help.  if they really wanted to help others, they would limit that to providing food, etc., and just letting the others know in the least offensive manner, that they have a path to god, if needed.  anything else causes pain.  no-one owns god.  no religion owns god. if you think your religion is the only true way, then you need to reread your scriptures.  Your egotisam actually separates you from god; it doesn't matter whether you believe me or not.Find your own path, and leave others alone, unless they ask. Guess what- most  already know God at least as well as you do.  anyone can ask God for forgiveness; religion means nothing to God.  God loves you.  God forgives you, and does not ignore any sincere requests.

GIDEON MAGE

Is a shameless act of self-promotion vain, or merely a good, practiical idea? Click here to find out!
http://www.examiner....ew-Age-Examiner

#24    Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 11:52 PM

Is that your religious belief?

#25    eveningsky339

eveningsky339

Psychic Spy

• 1,017 posts

• "Who made man's mouth? Who made the deaf, the mute, the seeing or the blind? Was it not I?"

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:54 AM

God can soften the hardest heart.

#26    Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE(eveningsky339 @ Jul 5 2005, 02:54 AM)
God can soften the hardest heart.

View Post

You are correct.  In fact sometimes I think the hard-hearted are the more likely - remember Jesus said I would that you were hot or cold, but lukewarm I will vomit out of my mouth.

#27    TaintedDoughnuts

TaintedDoughnuts

Voted Most Original Username 2005

• 1,542 posts

• Moo.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 04:30 AM

Dee Dee Warren, you stole my very first avatar!  LOL! laugh.gif   Gotta love the freaky llamaa thingy, eh?

#28    Dee Dee Warren

Dee Dee Warren

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 10:22 AM

QUOTE(TaintedDoughnuts @ Jul 5 2005, 05:30 AM)
Dee Dee Warren, you stole my very first avatar!  LOL! laugh.gif   Gotta love the freaky llamaa thingy, eh?

View Post

that is so funny!  we use it all the time at the forum I own (theologyweb.com) but call it the llama of the apocolypse or simply "wierd running thing" -- it is the grin that creeps ya out.

#29    GIDEON MAGE

GIDEON MAGE

MASTER PSYCHIC

• 3,813 posts

• I ONLY BELIEVE WHAT I PERCEIVE WITH MY OWN PSYCHIC POWERS, OR MAKES LOGICAL SENSE. SHOW ME SOMETHING THAT WORKS AND I'LL AGREE.

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:45 PM

The following is not addressed to any previous poster, so please don't take offense.
One of the most heinous sins, but not unforgiveable (there is no such thing to any who believe in a loving god) is to interfere with another's beliefs and to try to shove your religion down their throat when they are happy with their relationship with god. Just like in medicine, there are many different cures, and sometimes more than one version of the same drug, there is only one God and thousands of paths that all lead to god. To proselytize is like trying to make someone change from advil to ibuprofen. It is meaningless, and could hurt in the long run. There is no such thing as "one's own god", just "one's own path" to the same God. All religion boils dwon to three words in the English language "Don't hurt people!" THe rest is gloss and unnecessary. "Don't kill" because it would hurt someone. "Don't commit suicide or overdo drugs or alcohol" because you are someone. "honor your moither and father" because they are people. When people "witness" to someone who already has a path to god, and is not in a hopeless wallow of despair, they are hurting that person. This goes especially to missionaries of any faith, and those annoying pests that knock on your door.
they bring hurt, not help. if they really wanted to help others, they would limit that to providing food, etc., and just letting the others know in the least offensive manner, that they have a path to god, if needed. anything else causes pain. no-one owns god. no religion owns god. if you think your religion is the only true way, then you need to reread your scriptures. Your egotism actually separates you from god; it doesn't matter whether you believe me or not.Find your own path, and leave others alone, unless they ask. Guess what- most already know God at least as well as you do. anyone can ask God for forgiveness; religion means nothing to God. God loves you. God forgives you, and does not ignore any sincere requests

Is that your religious belief?

some of us rely on what our hearts and minds tell us.  Mine tell me that only a cruel, sadistic, vengeful, hateful "God" could condemn his on children to an eternity of torture.  we are all God's children.  we were born that way, and don't have to beg membership in yours or anyone else's religion to return to God after our time here is over.

GIDEON MAGE

Is a shameless act of self-promotion vain, or merely a good, practiical idea? Click here to find out!
http://www.examiner....ew-Age-Examiner

#30    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 24,814 posts

• Paranoid Android... No power in the verse can stop me...

Posted 05 July 2005 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE(GIDEON MAGE @ Jul 5 2005, 10:45 PM)
some of us rely on what our hearts and minds tell us.  Mine tell me that only a cruel, sadistic, vengeful, hateful "God" could condemn his on children to an eternity of torture.  we are all God's children.  we were born that way, and don't have to beg membership in yours or anyone else's religion to return to God after our time here is over.

View Post

Couldn't agree with you more Gideon  thumbsup.gif  

I always say you don't need membership in any religion to get to God.  Likewise I do not believe in eternal torture

Indeed, very well said.  

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users