Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Surveillance State Unveiled... What now?

taniwha

Very serious threats to the National Security of New Zealanders is key to the GCSB bill being passed on its third reading recently.

A future unthinkably worse than cyber invasion lies crouched in the shadows. The details of which are too revealing to even be revealed by the head thereof PM Key.

Listen here for radio news snippet.,

http://www.radionz.c.../player/2566499

Read more here.

http://www.radionz.c...asses-gcsb-bill

Some have spoken out against what they see as an intrusive use of power.

edit to add correct link

As far as I can fathom the go ahead has been given by the politicians to tune into and map everybodies life as a right of Government ...for our own safety.

What does this mean?

How different will our country our people our lives be from now on?

Do we really have anything to fear?

I invite your thoughts and feelings

Edited by taniwha
  • Like 2

The majority of people won't care enough to alter their voting habits, so nothing will change.

• Like 3

The majority of people won't care enough to alter their voting habits, so nothing will change.

Some people didnt let that stop them

Waihopai_dome_collapsed_719999.jpg

Read more here

http://www.thelivingmoon.com/45jack_files/03files/ECHELON_Waihopai_NZ.html

• Like 1

What's next?

Did you hear that Ben Affleck is the new Batman? That's what most people will be caring about.

• Like 3

What does this mean?

How different will our country our people our lives be from now on?

Do we really have anything to fear?

I invite your thoughts and feelings

1. This means We're all being watched... period... There is no secrecy except whom our secrets are shown to and their agenda..
  2. Our country I presume will go on like normal, no change, because people are so easily distracted. Life will go on, and the puppeteers will have their fun at everyone else's expense.
  3. Yes, there's plenty to fear.. These kind of BS Security laws have nothing to do with terrorism in our neck of the woods, and it's got everything to do with ensuring that government have control over us..

IMO, this proves that NZ is not a sovereign state.. We're just a lapdog of the USA who does every stupid thing the US does at the snap of their fingers.

• Like 3

See, it's not just Uncle Sam; it's in the nature of Governments, even those with no imperialistic ambitions that claim to be committed to Peace. They can never resist being as intrusive as they like in the name of 'National Security'. This is why I more and more think either a benign One World Government or getting rid of politicians altogether and having just a kind of central body to maintain the roads and so on, is the way forward.

• Like 4

1. This means We're all being watched... period... There is no secrecy except whom our secrets are shown to and their agenda..
  2. Our country I presume will go on like normal, no change, because people are so easily distracted. Life will go on, and the puppeteers will have their fun at everyone else's expense.
  3. Yes, there's plenty to fear.. These kind of BS Security laws have nothing to do with terrorism in our neck of the woods, and it's got everything to do with ensuring that government have control over us..

IMO, this proves that NZ is not a sovereign state.. We're just a lapdog of the USA who does every stupid thing the US does at the snap of their fingers.

Yes Proffessor sad as that is I agree

Relevant questions and concerns were also raised by NZ First party leader Winston Peters on August 22

How much new power are we giving to the GCSB?

How do we have effective oversight of the GCSB?

How do we rely on one person - the PM - to safeguard our civil liberties?

Winston Peters speech here

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PA1308/S00300/winston-peters-speech-to-gcsb-bill-public-meeting.htm

• Like 1

I'm with you on that, Colonel.

It has become the nature of government to no longer serve those whom they have a duty to serve (or, perhaps that never really was the nature of government?), but to promote and protect government.

However, I also agree with Sir WoH in that the majority of the public are completely apathetic regarding what those who are supposed to be improving their [the public's] general situation, do while they hold the reins of power. And thus the issue is multi-fold and also relates to the type of society (consumerist, monetist) we find ourselves inhabiting.

Edited by Leonardo
  • Like 3

See, it's not just Uncle Sam; it's in the nature of Governments, even those with no imperialistic ambitions that claim to be committed to Peace. They can never resist being as intrusive as they like in the name of 'National Security'. This is why I more and more think either a benign One World Government or getting rid of politicians altogether and having just a kind of central body to maintain the roads and so on, is the way forward.

Do you think there really is such a thing as a benign government? I don't.

Government is a necessary evil, meant to be kept within the constraints of the constitution. Eternal vigilance and oversight are the obligations of citizenship.

• Like 1

If you have something to Hide ,and are involved in covert actions that may be harmful to others,then I say Spy Away ! Im a true beleiver in Keeping the planet a safe place to Live ! Spy on Governments !

Tell me what you think of my nakie body in the shower& rooms ! Im not bashful !

:tu:

If you have something to Hide ,and are involved in covert actions that may be harmful to others,then I say Spy Away ! Im a true beleiver in Keeping the planet a safe place to Live ! Spy on Governments !

Tell me what you think of my nakie body in the shower& rooms ! Im not bashful !

:tu:

That's very true, I'd have no problem with that, but the way Govts. tend to do it is similar to the way that Bradley Manning blew his Whistle; they don't focus on anyone that might be Suspicious, it's completely indiscriminate, and works on the basis that everyone is a suspect unless proven otherwise.

• Like 2

Probably the best way to protest this is a flashmob event. Hundreds of guys would how up at Times Square and start m********ing in group. This might discourage NSA from being too nosy.

You may be right Colonel, that it might be a case of the US being blamed for these events because they did it first. Though I find it hard to find any evidence to the contrary..

I kind of like the idea of a united world governance type of future, but I'd hate to see it as a scenario where one leader or a group of leaders are elected to govern, because that IMO leads to corruption.. I'm more in favor of having a world of no government, and no leaders other than the shared direct democracy of all the worlds citizens, and not just a dozen or so who have the power to pull the strings.. web-based, like a global Wikipedia of law and governance, which is why the web must be kept free.

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 3

Probably the best way to protest this is a flashmob event. Hundreds of guys would how up at Times Square and start m********ing in group. This might discourage NSA from being too nosy.

Has it occurred to anyone that this is the kind of response that they want?

I mean, the power to protest has been hacked away to the point there people chanting a slogan while marching down a street or flash-mobbing and theatrical behavior is about all we can do these days... I look at the protests on TV and cringe because it's all so bloody useless, degrading and down-right pointless because half the time it verges on scenes one might expect to see on 3rd rate Broadway show-tunes..

IMO it all boils down to the point that we no-longer have sovereignty of government.. Voting is an empty gesture of cognitive dissidence where we select the lesser of evils. Law and legislation serves the interests of a few, and not the many.. Disparity is everywhere, and encouraged... Unemployment, they say, Oooooo, it's bad, but they don't do a *****g thing about it because high unemployment serves the interests of big corporations desire for low wages, and they have the power $$$..

We are and have been dis-empowered..

• Like 2

IMO it all boils down to the point that we no-longer have sovereignty of government.. Voting is an empty gesture of cognitive dissidence where we select the lesser of evils. Law and legislation serves the interests of a few, and not the many.. Disparity is everywhere, and encouraged... Unemployment, they say, Oooooo, it's bad, but they don't do a *****g thing about it because high unemployment serves the interests of big corporations desire for low wages, and they have the power $$$..

We are and have been dis-empowered..

It's simple social stratification - which we just cannot stop doing. We now have the "voting class" and the "elected class", and our politicians have become our new feudal lords.

• Like 2

Rage against the machine succeeded briefly on August 23

A Twitter page with the handle 'Op****GCSB' tweeted "#TangoDown" and a screen shot showing the website down.

The Twitter user claimed links to the international 'hacktivist' group Anonymous.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11113490

Red Herring?