Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Astrology Question

Resh

Hello forum.

First of all I would like to say I didnt know where to post this because it falls on many categories so,if this isnt the correct board, to those of you who are sensitive to this sort of things I apologize.

I have been studying astrology recently.This post is about the different kinds of signs in astrology and how they are grouped in these 3 categories:

Kerubic: Taurus, Scorpio, Leo, Aquarius

Cardinal: Capricorn, Libra, Aries, Cancer

Mutable: Gemini, Pisces, Sagittarius, Virgo

I know that it depends on their stability and I have found a description of them compared to a Wheel. Where the Kerubic is the hub, the most stable part of the wheel. The spokes are the mutable signs, and finaly the rim is the Cardinal signs which are the fastest movers.

But I dont really understand what makes a sign mutable or cardinal, what is the difference.

Also any other insight would be appreciated.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Resh

• Jodie.Lynne

• Big Bad Voodoo

• little_dreamer

• The cardinal modality marks the beginning of the season and the power of initiation.
  • The fixed modality corresponds to the middle of the season and the power of sustaining.
  • The mutable modality represents the end of the season and the power of change.

Thanks little dreamer, I didnt know that word "modalities".

Astrology... what is a good for?

Big Bad Voodoo

Its a long story, alot of spiritual schools include it in their teachings.

Edited by Palmy-Ra
  • Like 1

Not to be skeptical, but, you do realize that the light from the stars which make up the constellations take years/decades/centuries to reach the Earth, right? If memory serves, the closest star to our own is 4 light years away, over 400 standard solar years.

The so-called 'alignment of stars' at your (general descriptive pronoun) birth, are hundreds of years off target.

Not to be skeptical, but, you do realize that the light from the stars which make up the constellations take years/decades/centuries to reach the Earth, right? If memory serves, the closest star to our own is 4 light years away, over 400 standard solar years.

The so-called 'alignment of stars' at your (general descriptive pronoun) birth, are hundreds of years off target.

lol what a way to Not be skeptical! jk

Yeah Im aware of these facts of outer space.

Edited by Palmy-Ra

Don't get me wrong, I understand the symbolic nature of astrology, just was curious how it reconciles with stellar physics.

Edited by JMPD1

Im really no expert in astrology, although ive been PMing with someone about astrology and the birth chart came up.

It not only tells you what your sign is (solar sign) but it lists the positions or constellations the planets were alligned to at the time of your birth. So its not only the constellation having influence but the planets gravity or energy influencing from different positions.

Edited by Palmy-Ra

I don't know where to start. America packs the most firepower in the planet Earth and she has whole lot more astrologers than astronomers, physicists, and rocket scientists combined.

Its a long story, alot of spiritual schools include it in their teachings.

I like long stories. Im aware of it. But in my research I never seen good aplications except that people ask for guidance.

Big Bad Voodoo