TLDR of the points bellow:
Then in the last couple years I began finding out more methods of hoaxing, learning psychology, photography, cinematography, magic (illusion), alternative explanations, a lack of proof... Started RE-researching and analyzing things with a more skeptical and knowledgeable view, coming to the conclusion that almost everything paranormal I believed is a hoax or explainable.
- Once thinking 90% of UFO sightings where unexplainable, now
thinkingknowing 90% are hoaxes or explainable. Photography and video editing knowledge sure helped. But seeing "thefakinghoaxer" on youtube, and replicating his stuff with realism did it for me.
- Alien contact? This was proof for me! - Oh wait, they're just stories that could be lies or delusion, and I've found many of them to be debunked.
- Ancient aliens? 1 year ago I was convinced we where made by the anunaki and aliens have been here... well who knows now. Theres many explanations and lack of proof.
- Crop circles? "Made by aliens!" some research later "Made by energy!" more research "50% real" research... made several myself, met circlemakers and started doing scientific experiments, disproving what I thought was evidence of a supernatural phenomena. Now I'm 99% sure all of them are man made, and theres easy ways to tell.
- Psychic abilities and spirituality. This ones is till there a little. I know most of psychics are frauds, and know many of their techniques. But I still wonder if there is a mind matter connection, if extremely subtle, and a spiritual realm. But I'm not longer sure, cant prove nor disprove. Agnostic.
All the things that I believed in, I thought I had proof of many of them! But maybe proof is merely a degree and it wasnt hot enough. There are so many people who will completely deny any evidence that challanges there beliefs. But I was completely open to it all. And real open-mindedness, not the "i believe in a conspiracy, so that make me open minded". Haha, that's actually being closed minded. Even now, I still question everything but the most provable. But one mans proof is not anothers.
I guess I'm just feeling confused right now. I don't understand what I just went through. My belief is lack of belief? My bias is trying to be unbiased? I try to make an effort to not be biased or assume. I have opinions and thoughts on things but they are just thoughts... posibilities. If someone makes a claim without good evidence, I love to chalange it. Now all I care about is the truth, no matter how boring or challanging it is. The truth will set you free... or will it, can't be biased now! lol!
Thoughts? What about you?
I found this video series quite good, even though it's about religion, it applies to anything. I wish more people understood how they think:
Edited by AlienDan, 11 November 2012 - 07:48 AM.