Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Owner only keeps dogs while they're puppies

Still Waters

The handover didn't quite go according to plan. After much soul searching, I had finally made the heartbreaking decision to give away our lovely dog Juno - a beautiful husky cross with blue eyes and a penchant for leaping 6ft fences. She was going to someone who, I hoped, could give her a better (and more secure) home than I.

The couple who'd arrived to take her away seemed ecstatic. Of course they were. They were getting a house-trained dog - one that had cost me a fortune in vets' bills and food - for nothing.

http://www.dailymail...pet-lovers.html

Well, as long as they always go to a good home I suppose it's not too despicable. I suppose it's not unlike people who buy a new car and sell it after a year or two.

I know people will be shocked by my lack of canine commitment. A dog is supposed to be for life, right? Not until it gets a bit annoying and starts shedding hair all over the sofa.

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz3kFIGEEZr

I hope she does not take the same view towards her daughter when she reaches her teens and starts spreading boyfriends all over the sofa!

She obviously does not care about how her daughter feels, this is a very bad example to show a child, I also have never trusted anyone who is unkind to animals not to do the same to a child, given the chance. Ok, this lady is not abusing her pets, but their feelings are irrelevant to her, and I suspect her daughters feelings fall closely behind the dogs.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

Frankly, I would like to see a way to legally bar this mentally disturbed woman from getting puppy after puppy after puppy.

• Like 1

Frankly, I would like to see a way to legally bar this mentally disturbed woman from getting puppy after puppy after puppy.

This mentally disturbed woman is not physically abusing these puppies and if they are going to a good loving home, they will become loyal to their new owners, it is a really crying shame they have passed her sofa first, but the person who is being affected on a regular basis here is this mentally disturbed woman's young daughter, I wonder how this will affect her, becoming attached to these cute puppies and being shown by her mother that is "ok" to get rid of them when you get fed up with them and want to trade them in.....this is complete disregard for living creatures and I hope the daughter does not carry this through to her adult years as she has been shown it as a "normal and ok " to treat living creatures this way.

• Like 1

She may not be physically abusing the puppies but she's most definitely abusing them psychologically (not to even mention what she's doing to her own child).

• Like 1