Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is this a Loch Ness Monster relative on film?

Commander CMG

By Loch Ness has taunted myth hunters and monster spotters for years, but footage has emerged of what could be a similar sea creature in northern Ireland’s Lough Foyle. The footage was taken by student Conall Melarkey when he was out on the water shooting a short film called ‘Fishing With David Lynch’ for college when the ‘beast’ broke through the surface of the water and swam past.

Link to video

I think the clue is in the student's surname: MELARKEY!!!! nuff said? :lol:

• Like 9

Looks very "solid" and not "living".

Either a fake stunt or some sort of submarine thing in my opinion.

• Like 3

It's moving very fast.

It's Ebirah.

godzilla-sea-monster-a.jpg

• Like 1

OMG, someone needs to freaking put the camera below water for gods sake...weaksauce video

It's moving very fast.

not really...

Who goes fishing in a sportcoat?

exactly

I think the clue is in the student's surname: MELARKEY!!!! nuff said? :lol:

dont forget the first name 'con all' :w00t:

• Like 3

the lake adventures of Peter Posh the 3rd? I bet submarine, since it seems to move automotive...

A seal or sea lion?

Someone has been watching James Mays man lab. I call very poor hoax. No excited shouting, pointing or calling " are you filming this". Plus, as already pointed out ( and as a fisherman I can verify this) No one goes fishing in a jacket and trousers.

• Like 1

haha, Con All Melarkey fishing in a white shirt and jacket the only thing I believe is indisputable is that he is Irish.

This comes from another of his youtube films:

"After intaking an unhealthy dosage of illegal psychotropic substances, we decided to make this rather inane video."

:tu:

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

Hoax or real it was an enjoyable clip to watch. The man in the white boat looks far to confident to me, leaning over his boat to get a better look of this 'monster'. I would have ducked and stayed hidden in the boat and been found later as a quivering wreck like that girl in Jaws 2.

The object also seems as though it is being towed along as opposed to moving under its own motion/power these two point lead me to lean towards the hoax side of the force, for now.

Thanks for posting xsas I am looking forward to finding out more about this. :)

• Like 2

It's either swimming in a way that will revolutionise the way think about sealife, or it's a fake. As a fisherman, it's swimming far to quickly and at the same time steadily to be any kind of sea animal we know of. Even if it swam by it's feet, it would be making wake's out from the side. It make's a single wake behind it, almost like a boat. No swaying of a tail, no indications that it's moving anywhere but forward. Even then it could be someone under the water holding it up and the boat's drifting down past it. The wake behind it looks very much like a strong tidal wake. Not one of a moving creature.

• Like 3

On a second viewing the boats to seem to be anchored, so it's moving. Whether it's real or towed who knows. For something that's so 'Massive' it moves way to unnaturally.

• Like 1

IT COULD BE A GIANT BLOODY SEA TURTLE. It has a shell shape hahahaha

• Like 1

The movement seems more mechanical than natural.

My guess would be some sort of submarine.

Con All Melarkey: Just What is the subject of your College Project, Viral Marketing?

lol who goes fishing in a suit jacket? oh and im not sure whats in the water

• Like 1

Lough Foyle connects to the sea, not really a lake. Maximum depth of 50 feet (average depth 17 feet).

Looks like a whale...

:)

Edited by smokeycat
  • Like 1

I have to agree. The "creature" appears to move like a remote controlled object of some sort. Still fun to watch.

I think it is being towed, but as there is no wide - angled shot after it passes (intentional?) then I think there is a 3rd boat there.

Why doesn't that idiot get out of the way?? For crying out loud he sees the camera person trying to capture the thing. And what the heck is wrong with the camera person? If that was me there would be some seriously angry profanity I thatvideo telling that idiot to get the bleepity bleepin bleep out of the way!!!!!!

If I was there I would be doing whatever I could to get proof positive! Ugh. Frustrating.

• Like 1