Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 4 votes

Did man and dinosaur co-exist?

• Please log in to reply
477 replies to this topic

#421    Harsh86_Patel

Harsh86_Patel

Psychic Spy

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts

• If you stare into the abyss,the abyss stares back into you

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

View PostKozaky, on 14 February 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

No, Man did not co-exist with dinosaurs, that concept was created by Fundamentalist Christians to back up their claims of a young earth.
Well i am not a fundamentalist Christian but am still considering the possibility of it being true.

#422    Santy

Santy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• "I didn't come here because I'm paranoid. I came here to get paranoid

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Lol. We are talking about an awful lot of time here. Either all life in the here and now existed with the Dinosaur in some form, or there is a new life generator somewhere. I heard yesterday that a new virus had emerged. I'm not sure if that is supposed to mean it spontaneously started to exist or not. No not a humour, because it sure happened at some time in the past. Proof that it is not impossible.  

I might be mistaken, but I think the fundamental Christian preaching in some quarters is more profound than suggested, I.e. That the merry ground is as young as Abraham, or thereabouts. A few thousand years. This thinking does not seem to cause them any problems, but is more obviously disputable

#423    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

Coffee expert extraordinair

• 3,845 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 14 February 2013 - 05:29 AM, said:

An asteroid/meteorite impact will leave proofs there is no denying that but that event leading to extinction of all dinosaurs is an unverifiable statement and hence not a part of empirical science.In short it is an unverifiable assumption.

That still does not make it pseudoscience.

View PostHarsh86_Patel, on 14 February 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

Well i am not a fundamentalist Christian but am still considering the possibility of it being true.

Considering the timing in between the two, it's still impossible though.

It is only the ignorant who despise education.
Publilius Syrus.

So god made me an atheist. Who are you to question his wisdom?!

#424    Arbitran

Arbitran

Post-Singularitan Hyperturing Synthetic Intelligence

• 2,767 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 03:33 AM

Wow, Harsh86_Patel, you're still here? Hmm...

Try to realize it's all within yourself / No-one else can make you change / And to see you're really only very small / And life flows on within you and without you. / We were talking about the love that's gone so cold and the people / Who gain the world and lose their soul / They don't know they can't see are you one of them? / When you've seen beyond yourself then you may find peace of mind / Is waiting there / And the time will come / when you see we're all one and life flows on within you and without you. ~ George Harrison

#425    Nean

Nean

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 01:28 AM

View Postquestionmark, on 13 September 2012 - 04:08 PM, said:

yes, but a very different kind of man and a very different kind of Dinosaur, in fact so different that the "man" of the Dinotime walked on all four, was two inches long and mostly hid underground until nightfall.

Actually the mammals ruled the earth before dinosaurs and the dinor ancestors looked like 2 inch mini t rexes. Then most everything got extincted in a time of severe drought and that began the dinosaur age.

#426    cormac mac airt

cormac mac airt

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

View PostNean, on 04 March 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

Actually the mammals ruled the earth before dinosaurs and the dinor ancestors looked like 2 inch mini t rexes. Then most everything got extincted in a time of severe drought and that began the dinosaur age.

There were no mammals on earth before the dinosaurs. While there were therapsids they were not, by definition, mammals.

cormac

The city and citizens, which you yesterday described to us in fiction, we will now transfer to the world of reality. It shall be the ancient city of Athens, and we will suppose that the citizens whom you imagined, were our veritable ancestors, of whom the priest spoke; they will perfectly harmonise, and there will be no inconsistency in saying that the citizens of your republic are these ancient Athenians. --  Plato's Timaeus

#427    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 06:02 PM

View Postcormac mac airt, on 04 March 2013 - 02:28 AM, said:

There were no mammals on earth before the dinosaurs. While there were therapsids they were not, by definition, mammals.

cormac

Therapsids, being what they are, mammal-like reptiles, I can see where the confusion comes from though.

Publilius Syrus.

#428    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence

• 8,911 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 04 March 2013 - 07:00 PM

The truth is, there's simply no evidence for mammals before the dinosaurs, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

The mammal-like" reptiles were more mammal-like than reptile-like, IIRC.

Harte

I've consulted all the sages I could find in yellow pages but there aren't many of them. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Ignorance is preferable to error; and he is less remote from the truth who believes nothing, than he who believes what is wrong. - Thomas Jefferson
Giorgio's dying Ancient Aliens internet forum

#429    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostHarte, on 04 March 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

The truth is, there's simply no evidence for mammals before the dinosaurs, but that doesn't mean they weren't there.

The mammal-like" reptiles were more mammal-like than reptile-like, IIRC.

Harte

You're right, they had more mammal-like caracteristics than reptile-like ones. This being said, it's still impossible for man and dinosaur to have coexisted.

Edit : They call me the typo king......

Edited by TheSearcher, 07 March 2013 - 09:38 AM.

Publilius Syrus.

#430    Dracos Nightwolf

Dracos Nightwolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

I don't think it happened... But ya gotta admit... It would be awesome if it were true!

#431    TheSearcher

TheSearcher

• 3,845 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 09:34 AM

View PostDracos Nightwolf, on 08 March 2013 - 03:53 AM, said:

I don't think it happened... But ya gotta admit... It would be awesome if it were true!

Not so sure about that, considering we wouldn't be on top of the food chain any more. I'm fairly sure I would not appreciate becoming a dino snack LOL

Publilius Syrus.

#432    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:47 PM

~~~say fred, yeah barnn..you reckon  wilma and betty will be wearing the new tiger  dino  miniskirts tonight at the bedrock bowl? yeah i hope so barn  i need a new  up skirt pic of wilma  on my irokphone.....

Edited by justcalmebubba, 10 March 2013 - 04:48 PM.

#433    justcalmebubba

justcalmebubba

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 229 posts

• there are many things that bump along in the nite but there are sum of us that bump back

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

corse you know what i realy wonder about   old mother eve had to be pritty damn besy exploreing sex and all with her ol man adam and her other son cain  and seth  since  she was he only woman  around at the time mustah been sum pritty stressed sex..fk or be eating  by a wild beasty  ..hummm wait scratch that ..wonder if thats when   oh never mind i reckon eve was pritty horny explorative

#434    Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Heaven Is A Halfpipe

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 914 posts

• Hi. My name is Spike.

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

There are dinosaurs alive today, we co-exist now.

Whether we did millions of years ago? We probably did, or our great ancestors did.

You can go the distance, you can run the mile and you can walk straight through HELL with a smile.

My UM Credentials: http://www.unexplain...5

#435    Erowin

Erowin

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 451 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

No evidence has ever been found suggesting humans and dinosaurs co-existed. Dino and human bones have never been found in the same strata, or were dated to the same period. A belief in this is unfounded on any evidence at all and is more 'wishful thinking' in my opinion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users