I was out around 2:00 AM with three friends (yes, at age eight) and while we were passing the highschool near my house we became aware of an unusual lack of traffic on the main road and a strange pulsing sensation and low, pulsing humm to the northeast. We followed it for a while, and when we got close the source when shooting off to the northwest. (Near as we could tell from the pulse, we never saw the source.) The pulse stopped about ten blocks away, and stayed for a while before dying off. We followed to where it was, now in complete silence and quite aware that we didn't hear any traffic or see any people around, which is quite alarming in a city, even a small one like Everett. When we reached the location where the pulse went dead there was one boy there, wearing shorts and a T-shirt. I went to talk to him, noticing the shirt and shorts were identical to mine and he also had the same blonde hair. When he looked at me, I suddenly realised he looked exactly like me, except I couldn't see his eyes. This was a street with lights spaced regularly, and I couldn't see his eyes. He ran away from us when we made eye contact (well, kindof eye contact) moving more than twice the speed I could run.
I talked to my friends about him, trying to get somebody to tell me I was hallucinating or something, but they all saw the same thing, right down to the lack of visible eyes. We all went home, and tried to forget it. I kept hearing the pulse whenever I tried to sleep, I could swear he was nearby. I had to keep a combat knife in my hands to sleep for the next week.
And for the most part, we forgot about it after that. But every once in a while, I'll be out at night and feel that pulse again. I don't think I'll ever follow it again, but a few times I've seen him off in the distance. He still looks exactly like he did on that night, and he still creeps me out. I always go straight home and sleep with a sword for a day or two.
- Sudden lack of life in a city.
- Strange pulse that can be heard and felt.
- Pulse moves when we get close to it.
- Strange child that looked like me, but without eyes.
- Pulse comes back when I go to bed, and gets closer as I try to sleep. Retrieving a knife reduced this somewhat, and made me more comfortable sleeping with this thing nearby.
- Recurring, happens every couple months.
- Every time this happens, I lose a lot of time. The first time it happened, what felt like ten minutes was over an hour. The other times are much shorter. This only happens when I actually see him.
Edited by Seattleite, 28 December 2012 - 06:39 PM.