Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Emerging Syrian Vortex

kamran79

Buffer zones have been discussed quite a bit in recent weeks. With much talk about a Turkish intervention to establish one in Northern Syria (which looks as if it was intended to stop Kurdish gains almost as much, if not more, than Islamic State ones) Jordan was also rumoured to seek to establish one in southern Syria in support of anti-Assad Free Syrian Army forces there.

What such interventions will look like is important to assess and understand,

https://www.the-newshub.com/international/the-great-syrian-vortex

Very interesting piece- thanks for posting. I agree with his assessment FWIW. As Syria dissolves it will cause more and more chaos. IMO the Kurds are the only truly effective fighting force against ISIS and because Obama has his head up Erdogan's butt we simply will NOT help the Kurds. I think it's madness...

Edited by and then
  • Like 1

The Syrian regime isn't really collapsing. Looks like there has been some propaganda spread by it's ennemies.

True, the Syrian Army has suffered set backs - they are basically fighting every groups - but they're on the march again on several fronts, including Palmyra and Zabadani. They'll need more support, and I doubt if Assad can ever recapture all of Syria (that much will depend on Iran and the West) but they clearly aren't done.

This is also interesting: http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/07/14/uk-mideast-crisis-syria-nuclear-idUKKCN0PO1C520150714

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 1

The Syrian regime isn't really collapsing. Looks like there has been some propaganda spread by it's ennemies.

True, the Syrian Army has suffered set backs - they are basically fighting every groups - but they're on the march again on several fronts, including Palmyra and Zabadani. They'll need more support, and I doubt if Assad can ever recapture all of Syria (that much will depend on Iran and the West) but they clearly aren't done.

This is also interesting: http://www.businessi...ran-deal-2015-7

No doubt Iran will continue - even increase support of their ally. It is definitely in their self interest. It will continue as a Sunni/ Shia blood sponge indefinitely and while they fight each other they will have less time to concentrate on the west.

No doubt Iran will continue - even increase support of their ally. It is definitely in their self interest. It will continue as a Sunni/ Shia blood sponge indefinitely and while they fight each other they will have less time to concentrate on the west.

I don't know for you, but I would rather want the Syrian regime governing the country than jihadists. This is a pragmatic stance.

It seems there are some influencial people in neighboring Israel who think that as well: https://www.middleea...-to-save-regime

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 1

I don't know for you, but I would rather want the Syrian regime governing the country than jihadists. This is a pragmatic stance.

It seems there are some influencial people in neighboring Israel who think that as well: https://www.middleea...-to-save-regime

The "Syrian" regime is an Iranian puppet state. It was even before this conflict began. How much more so now? You seem to feel that a hegemonic Iran in the M.E. is an acceptable price to pay. I disagree. How anyone can look at the desire of the mullahs for world domination and not be concerned is beyond me. Once they have their bomb and delivery systems they will be a world power and they will use that power to spread their "revolution" by much bolder means. Eventually they will go so far that someone will have to fight them and then the crash will come. People seem to learn nothing from history.

The "Syrian" regime is an Iranian puppet state. It was even before this conflict began. How much more so now? You seem to feel that a hegemonic Iran in the M.E. is an acceptable price to pay. I disagree. How anyone can look at the desire of the mullahs for world domination and not be concerned is beyond me. Once they have their bomb and delivery systems they will be a world power and they will use that power to spread their "revolution" by much bolder means. Eventually they will go so far that someone will have to fight them and then the crash will come. People seem to learn nothing from history.

Sorry, I would still prefer a U.N-recognized Syrian regime in the fold of Iran's influence, than an Islamic State ruled by Takfiri extremists.

The former has provided 40 years of border stability for the neighboring countries and relative peace before the West and it's Gulf allies fomented a rebellion.

As to the whole Iran ''wants to take over the world'', I don't believe it warrants any serious comment, let's just call it Netanyahu's ridiculous propaganda.

Edited by Phenix20
  • Like 1

Sorry, I would still prefer a U.N-recognized Syrian regime in the fold of Iran's influence, than an Islamic State ruled by Takfiri extremists.

The former has provided 40 years of border stability for the neighboring countries and relative peace before the West and it's Gulf allies fomented a rebellion.

As to the whole Iran ''wants to take over the world'', I don't believe it warrants any serious comment, let's just call it Netanyahu's ridiculous propaganda.

It must be nice to be able to live in denial and find fault with others who simply point out what these countries say ABOUT THEMSELVES. That you support a country that actually stones women to death for adultery and hangs homosexuals from cranes says all I need to hear about you and your own worldview.

It must be nice to be able to live in denial and find fault with others who simply point out what these countries say ABOUT THEMSELVES.

Feel free to provide a quote, or statement coming from the Iranian leadership supporting a global domination agenda. If not, then we'll leave it at that.

That you support a country that actually stones women to death for adultery and hangs homosexuals from cranes says all I need to hear about you and your own worldview.

I think the West should coordinate with those serious about fighting ISIL. The enemy of my enemy is my friend. Sure, the US could stay out of it altogether but that doesn't seem like a course the current administration is willing to consider, although they seem to have put their limits as to the extent of the intervention in the region. What has become clear is that Gulf monarchies cannot be relied upon, as they seem to be benefiting too much from the rise of ISIL.

Edited by Phenix20