Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Australia releases UFO files

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:11 AM

Details of UFO reports and investigations in Australia have been made available at the National Archives.

The Age said:

Documents that have just become available under the 30-year rule at the National Archives of Australia reveal how two RAAF Mirage jets were placed on the second highest level of alert to determine the cause of unidentified radar contacts seen on screens at Mascot.

Posted Image Read more...

#2    Antilles

Antilles

NCC-1701

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'd really like to read the article but my PC protector says it's not a safe site to visit so I'm not gonna argue with it.

Can you give the gist of it?

#3    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 19,901 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:34 AM

"The Age" is a major Australian newspaper, their site is perfectly safe to visit.

#4    libstaK

libstaK

Nosce Te Ipsum

• 6,193 posts

• Hello Reality and all that is True
    When Oxymoron was defined it was just for you

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:36 AM

Try this link: http://www.brisbanet...0804-23mhq.html

If your PC still doesn't like it, try blocking pop ups ...

"I warn you, whoever you are, oh you who wish to probe the arcanes of nature, if you do not find within yourself that which you seek, neither shall you find it outside.
If you ignore the excellencies of your own house, how do you intend to find other excellencies?
In you is hidden the treasure of treasures, Oh man, know thyself and you shall know the Universe and the Gods."

Inscription - Temple of Delphi

#5    Super-Fly

Super-Fly

Caporegime.

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,301 posts

• The Loonies Are Running
    The Asylum!

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:46 AM

View PostAntilles, on 05 August 2012 - 11:24 AM, said:

I'd really like to read the article but my PC protector says it's not a safe site to visit so I'm not gonna argue with it.

Can you give the gist of it?

The sites safe, just been on there.

Thanks,

Super-Fly!!3

TrueStory.

#6    Hazzard

Hazzard

Stellar Black Hole

• 11,757 posts

• Being skeptical of the paranormal is a good thing.

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:43 PM

More UFO files :td: who gives a %&#¤,... Wake me up when someone releases their ET files.

I still await the compelling Exhibit A.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmund Burke

#7    Hartmut

Hartmut

-

• Pip
  • 183 posts

• Without artists, the worlds would be,
    like a world without flowers and butterflies.

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:25 AM

Hm, funny, I also had difficulties, not getting to the original 'The Age' news paper article, but in trying to print it. I received an error message saying that Windows "experienced difficulties and needs to close".
'Close Encounter of an X-File kind' ?

#8    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 06 August 2012 - 04:41 AM

First and last lines of the story tell us the whole story

It is probably the closest Australia has come to scrambling fighter jets to intercept a UFO.

AND

''So what was it that these people have experienced? It has that open-ended question to it that I find really intriguing.''

Does not see to be all that exciting to be honest. Is this what the conspiracists are yelling about? Some photos of some lights in the sky and some motorbike doughnuts? How dare we keep that a secret!

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#9    St. Jimmy

St. Jimmy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 105 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 05:06 AM

There's nothing wrong with this site, as you can see here: https://www.virustot...sis/1344229513/

Anyway, I'd love to read those files.

#10    Amerix

Amerix

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:51 PM

Nothing of any significance will ever be released by governments.  Just eye witness reports.  The same sort of stuff we see in the media every other day.  No definitive evidence.

#11    TheJoker

TheJoker

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:51 AM

If UFOs do not exist then what happend to the UFO in Roswell  that crashed? Why did they hide it? Was it made by the government? Why are they keeping AREA 51 Closed??

#12    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,187 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:47 AM

View PostTheJoker, on 07 August 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

If UFOs do not exist then what happend to the UFO in Roswell  that crashed? Why did they hide it? Was it made by the government? Why are they keeping AREA 51 Closed??

Just

What???

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#13    csspwns

csspwns

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

• "Give a man a fish, and you'll feed him for a day; give him a religion, and he'll starve to death while praying for a fish."

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:11 AM

sounds fishy. 2 policemen saw it. it could be set up cuz they both are police and might be working with each other

"If god doesn't like the way I live, let him tell me, not you." "A believer is not a thinker and a thinker is not a believer." - Marian Noel Sherman, M.D.

"Philosophy is questions that may never be answered. Religion is answers that may never be questioned."

#14    Shush_rules

Shush_rules

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:22 PM

View Postcsspwns, on 09 August 2012 - 02:11 AM, said:

sounds fishy. 2 policemen saw it. it could be set up cuz they both are police and might be working with each other

To what end?
I live in Australia, and I've never heard anything about it. Unless they were "working with each other" to remain in complete obscurity I don't see how this would benefit them.

"There ain't no heroes no villians, ain't no pleasure in killing, just the smoke from the cap peeling a man with no feeling, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets"

#15    Shush_rules

Shush_rules

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:24 PM

View PostTheJoker, on 07 August 2012 - 03:51 AM, said:

I'd say they're keeping area 51 closed because it's a government facility......
Dammit. I feel stupider after answering your question.

"There ain't no heroes no villians, ain't no pleasure in killing, just the smoke from the cap peeling a man with no feeling, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users