Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Humming in my Bed Room?

XxMaximumxX

Well Lately I have been hearing humming in my bedroom late at night One night I was cleaning and the humming was loud and clear sounded like a Female so I stop clean and stood quiet and listened and it stop but when I continued to clean again the Humming started back up again I went to the other rooms and made sure the TVs weren’t on but they were all turned off so was the Air conditioner and Heater and no one was home I thought I was hearing things so I went back to cleaning and it continued but when I stop to listened it would stop.. I don’t know if there’s is something my house or and I just imaging things

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• XxMaximumxX

• Keymaker

• Reverend Clog

• cpjason

I thought it was something electrical but it was so clear like a female humming and if it was electrical it got quiet everytime i stopped to listen

Is it a constant frequency, or does it vary as in a tune?

It could very well be Tinnitus. My link

I have tinnitus, and tinnitus is not humming. It's more like a long, high-frequency beep, similar to computer idling.

Good sir you've just answered a question I've had for a long time, I was wondering what that high frequency sound was every time it's quiet.

ONTOPIC:

Try get a sound recorder or something, maybe a microphone, enhance and amplify the sound or something, leave it on and if it does happen again upload it and show us.

Does it sound like a someone humming a tune? If it's one tone then it's probably electrical, in my house we have two Sky TV set top boxes that tend to "hum" from time to time (rather annoying). However if it sounds like someone humming a tune then try to listen for it again around the same sort of time you heard it first and try to record it maybe even see if you can work out what the tune is if there is one.

In my house strange things have happened and humming is one of them. My mother and I heard humming, clear female tune humming coming from upstairs, it stopped as soon as I set foot on the bottom step to investigate. It's only happened one more time after that so far. It can be incredibly creepy.

Yes its very frequent and it sounds like its a tune the pitches get high and low ..

Yes its very frequent and it sounds like its a tune the pitches get high and low ..

i'd be very interested in h earing a recording of this humming. is it possible for you to tape it?

i'm also curious, is it a tune or just a humming sound - and if it's a tune, is it always the same one?

i really dont know what it sounds but to me it sounds like a lullaby like its also calming

i really dont know what it sounds but to me it sounds like a lullaby like its also calming

So it does have some form of tune?

So it does have some form of tune?

Yes it does

It could be music coming from outside. Try recording it next time, or record yourself humming it, if you're up for it. :yes:

If you ever hear it again, don't move and listen. If you move into the room where the ghost is, most of the time they will stop making noise. They scare easily, so just sit there and enjoy the experience.

When you say u are cleaning, what are you doing? Like wat are you cleaning and what utensils are u using?

I did not read the whole thread. About ten years something similar was happening in an aprtment I lived in. Quite randomly I think pipes where hitting certain notes. But it was strange. It was a bit comforting. I just could not figure it out. Checked with all the neighbors they did not hear anything.

Yeah in another thread I had posted about hearing humming noises and most people said that tunnitus was the cause and it makes sense to me so maybe that is what you are experiencing. do you hear the humm all the time? or just once..ect?

When you say u are cleaning, what are you doing? Like wat are you cleaning and what utensils are u using?

Like im just cleaning up my room like picking up clothes organizing my dresser makeing the bed

I suffer quite badly from tinnitus, (which is why I posted that link), and have done most of my life, it became worse after a series of operations I had on my ears (I'm very deaf now, unfortunately). It varies from a hum to a swooshing noise like a gusting wind and sometime a more tuneful noise - basically it can sound like anything, my Sister who also has the same hearing issues as I do hears similar things.

When its bad it can keep me awake and be quite debilitating.