Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I Want a Boyfriend

Voyager

I'm really just venting right now.

But I am so longing to have a significant other right now, it's not even funny. I mentioned in another thread about how I look at just about every other guy who walks by and fall in love at first sight! So I won't go through that again.

But I realize that by admitting this, that I become an easy target for labels such as "desperate, "needy", "pitiful", "selfish", etc... And I may be all of those things. But I believe that I must be a "hopeless romantic" or something of the sort, because sometimes it seems my whole life revolves around "one day" having a significant other. I've 28, I've technically never been in a relationship...for a number of reasons...

How does one get over that feeling DEEp within the pit of his stomach that longs for romance...to the point that he can barely (if even) function in life?? I want to be in a relationship soooo bad! But I know I'm not ready. I'm trying to make myself ready, but even then, it feels like I'm too lonely to even be optimistic. It's kind of like I feel trapped?

i wouldnt worry if i where you m8ty, i didnt meet my wife untill i was 27, ( she was 32 at the time )

it will happen when you least expect it :wub::wub::wub::tu:

it will happen when you least expect it

This is definitely true. Besides, most if not everyone goes through this kind of thing at some point in their life.

For all painful things in life you just have to be honest with yourself and with your situation, take a deep breath, and think about those who have it worse.

I don't mean ignore or dismiss the pain, but fully acknowledge it and accept it, in turn getting over it.

Whatever happens, you are still alive and capable of feeling pleasant feelings.

It's healthy to be grateful for what you have and focus on that, and it's unhealthy to dwell on what you don't have.

Besides, someone will come along.

Just take that longing and desire and turn it into melancholy. Melancholy is hot.

Edited by Thesantanafan

I'm 28 years old and I am a single mother with a baby girl on the way. Talk about feeling hopeless sometimes. It seems as if we've got something in common as far as romance goes though. I'm sure you'll find something when the time is right. I still hold on to a bit of hope and although I have been in relationships, I have faith that this next one just might work. Don't let yourself get too down. We all deserve happiness and yours will come.

Well, I'm a single uncle. How old's your daughter arenee?

My daughter is not yet born, but I have a three year old son. I'm six months pregnant. Sorry if I didn't make that clear as I have a knack for doing that. :blush:

One thing I can say, I'm 33, and at the point now where I'm personally tired of always finding girls who want to live off of me. I don't want to support anyone, I'm not a parent! For once it would be nice to find an equal, someone who supports themself, someone that's independent, just like me. I'm tired of dating people who can't carry their own weight.

Edited by SpiderCyde

One thing I can say, I'm 33, and at the point now where I'm personally tired of always finding girls who want to live off of me. I don't want to support anyone, I'm not a parent! For once it would be nice to find an equal, someone who supports themself, someone that's independent, just like me. I'm tired of dating people who can't carry their own weight.

I support myself and my children without the help of child support or anything. I don't have a lot of extra but my needs as well as my children's are taken care of. I know exactly what you mean though.

I support myself and my children without the help of child support or anything. I don't have a lot of extra but my needs as well as my children's are taken care of. I know exactly what you mean though.

That's awesome! You go girl! Mad respect for you! :tu:

Edited by SpiderCyde

That's awesome! You go girl! Mad respect for you! :tu:

Thank you! I just think being able to live on your own shows you've got respect for yourself. Many people lack that and it's an important quality to have.

My two cents, and that's probably grossly over-valued, is that you need to explore more deeply why you say that you "know I'm not ready" for a relationship. What is it that you think prevents you from being "ready"?

Sometimes it is best not to want but just to be. I have been fortunate/unfornatue with being very very content with myself the majority of my life, I have never been one of those females where I felt I either needed a boyfriend 24/7 or a child to make me complete. At the end day it is you who makes yourself complete without any other attachments. I know you probably want to be in a relationship but perhaps you should seek out other venues until then like investing in some of your talents and hobbies perhaps that is art or science who knows.

I also know that beings you are in a relatinship can give you the most love and also make you wish you were dead. So no it isn't easy, but somethings and somebeings in life are well worth expierencing. But as for my opinion I would advise not seeking out every guy...to me that almost feels like if thats all your constantly doing there is something in your life that you haven't 'filled' yet whether that be your own talents, aspirations instead of looking onto another first. Just my opinion, best wishes.

I'm really just venting right now.

But I am so longing to have a significant other right now, it's not even funny. I mentioned in another thread about how I look at just about every other guy who walks by and fall in love at first sight! So I won't go through that again.

But I realize that by admitting this, that I become an easy target for labels such as "desperate, "needy", "pitiful", "selfish", etc... And I may be all of those things. But I believe that I must be a "hopeless romantic" or something of the sort, because sometimes it seems my whole life revolves around "one day" having a significant other. I've 28, I've technically never been in a relationship...for a number of reasons...

How does one get over that feeling DEEp within the pit of his stomach that longs for romance...to the point that he can barely (if even) function in life?? I want to be in a relationship soooo bad! But I know I'm not ready. I'm trying to make myself ready, but even then, it feels like I'm too lonely to even be optimistic. It's kind of like I feel trapped?

Anytime I was searching for a man..I never found one...I only ever got male attention when I wasnt looking it lol...

Maybe we should make a club..................THE LONELY HEARTS. Also, if u girls are interested (plug) I live in Maryland. Any of you from here?

Those relationships that are easy to get into are usually messy to get out of .... You are right to be cautious about such things .

In numerology the number 6 is the relationship marriage number , if you have multiple 6's in your birth date that could be making you a little anxious .

The partnerships that last are in my experience those where both parties have common interests , rather than opposite .

Anytime I was searching for a man..I never found one...I only ever got male attention when I wasnt looking it lol...

she speaks the truth. I know for a fact there si someone out there for everyone. Be patient. When you feel like venting you can go to the computer & vent here@ were all human & understand :yes:

My girl said she had a lot of homework to do tonight, that'd she be up most of the night doing it. I tried to call her about an hour ago, she didn't answer. 20 minutes later her phone calls me back accidentally. Her and some guy apparently are on a date. WW3 is about to begin. :angry:

My girl said she had a lot of homework to do tonight, that'd she be up most of the night doing it. I tried to call her about an hour ago, she didn't answer. 20 minutes later her phone calls me back accidentally. Her and some guy apparently are on a date. WW3 is about to begin. :angry:

I'm sorry to hear about that. So not cool. Hope things work out for you.

arenee--some things are worse than want to me, being decieved is far worse than wanting a mate. I am so sorry SpiderCide. I too have been decieved as a young person. It was very upsetting. :(

Ohhh hell is about to break loose lol

Listen remember one thing... you were once a teenager yourself... think back to the sneaking about you did.... it's all part of growing up...

Ban that BF of hers from your house... When a boy or a girl allows love to interupt their education... it is never a good thing...

I don't know how old your daughter is... but I am sure there is time enough for BF's ...she is at an age where love with a guy is more important...I recall being that way too..I look back and regret it

I hope your daughter is very careful

Ohhh hell is about to break loose lol

Listen remember one thing... you were once a teenager yourself... think back to the sneaking about you did.... it's all part of growing up...

Ban that BF of hers from your house... When a boy or a girl allows love to interupt their education... it is never a good thing...

I don't know how old your daughter is... but I am sure there is time enough for BF's ...she is at an age where love with a guy is more important...I recall being that way too..I look back and regret it

I hope your daughter is very careful

Nah, it's not my daughter (don't have kids) it was my girlfriend. She went out with some guy last night after she told me how "busy" she was with homework. Before that, she even asked me to help her work on a paper for composition class, so I was doing that while she was out! Grrr! I thought we were pretty serious, guess we're not. Better to know now, I guess.

Edited by SpiderCyde

Nah, it's not my daughter (don't have kids) it was my girlfriend. She went out with some guy last night after she told me how "busy" she was with homework. Before that, she even asked me to help her work on a paper for composition class, so I was doing that while she was out! Grrr! I thought we were pretty serious, guess we're not. Better to know now, I guess.

Ohh I thought you were speaking of your daughter ..I guess when you said homework etc.. it threw me off

Ok easy ditch her... You are being used by the sounds of it... If I were you I would go out and find another woman..and take her home AHA.. whats good for the goose is good for the gander... People will say - you should sit down and have a heart to heart... listen at this rate, her going off behind your back with another bloke... no heart to heart will fix that...

You are into your 30's now.. you do not have time for all of that fannying about.. you need to find someone who will settle down with you..and you can trust them...

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Ohh I thought you were speaking of your daughter ..I guess when you said homework etc.. it threw me off

Ok easy ditch her... You are being used by the sounds of it... If I were you I would go out and find another woman..and take her home AHA.. whats good for the goose is good for the gander... People will say - you should sit down and have a heart to heart... listen at this rate, her going off behind your back with another bloke... no heart to heart will fix that...

You are into your 30's now.. you do not have time for all of that fannying about.. you need to find someone who will settle down with you..and you can trust them...

Yeah, I know. Thanks BM, I needed to hear that for my own good. :)