Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Romney Committed a Felony

Simbi Laveau

I hear all this talk about there are no jobs in this country but there are plenty of jobs waiting to be filled.

Contracting jobs like, plumbing, roofing, carpentry, auto/diesel techs and truck drivers. And these are

great paying jobs. It's just that no one wants to get there hands dirty anymore. Everybody wants jobs

where they sit at a desk tapping on a keyboard.

• Like 4

I hear all this talk about there are no jobs in this country but there are plenty of jobs waiting to be filled.

Contracting jobs like, plumbing, roofing, carpentry, auto/diesel techs and truck drivers. And these are

great paying jobs. It's just that no one wants to get there hands dirty anymore. Everybody wants jobs

Tell me about it - we have a family business and it is friggin' hard to find good, reliable hardworkers these days! Hard aint the right word - impossible. It seems no one wants to go into trades anymore, which, ironically, are in a very high demand out west these days.

• Like 3

In demand jobs are another sign the economy is improving.

Is it better that the media lets on?

Not when the govenment makes it so easy to "lay up with your girlfriend" as a guy put it to me last week. He has a tree cutting service and he's offered friends and relatives jobs and can't get any of them to work for longer than a week or two.

We hire laborers to do work on a part-time basis and even then you can't count on them showing up. If they do show up a lot of times they are hungover and not worth a crap. You can't trust people like that to work with dangerous machinery and you're forced to send them home unless you can find something else for them to do.

• Like 2

My nephew is a Diesel Tech on Kenworth and Volvo Semi Tractors and he was told by his superiors that in

a decade a Tech will be able to name their own price on payroll because of demand.

• Like 3

My nephew is a Diesel Tech on Kenworth and Volvo Semi Tractors and he was told by his superiors that in

a decade a Tech will be able to name their own price on payroll because of demand.

I don't doubt it at all. :tu:

Your nephew is spot on. College isn't what it used to be but it costs 100 times more. The market is now taking effect so if the government stays out of it, the market will adjust the costs.

North Dakota is in a huge boom right now. I know if I were younger and needing work, I'd be headed there.

I'm a forklift operator in a warehouse and the pay is good. There's even overtime work available if an employee wants to make some extra money.

But there has been a 30% turnover because people quit for a numbers of reasons. Don't like the hours or days they work. Found another job.

Or just trying to extend their unemployment from their last job.

One would think that if jobs are hard to come by then the turnover ratio would be minimal.

• Like 1

I'm a forklift operator in a warehouse and the pay is good. There's even overtime work available if an employee wants to make some extra money.

But there has been a 30% turnover because people quit for a numbers of reasons. Don't like the hours or days they work. Found another job.

Or just trying to extend their unemployment from their last job.

One would think that if jobs are hard to come by then the turnover ratio would be minimal.

The extension of unemployment from months to years has changed the dynamic. That is a planned thing and the withdrawal will be ugly and painful but no country can survive with almost half not paying income taxes and millions on permanent unemployment. Time to bleed America.

The extension of unemployment from months to years has changed the dynamic. That is a planned thing and the withdrawal will be ugly and painful but no country can survive with almost half not paying income taxes and millions on permanent unemployment. Time to bleed America.

That's why jobs shouldn't have gone to China and elsewhere. It put a lot of Americans out of work.

And the irony here is that they ship that product from China to America but nobody is buying cause

they're out of work. Go Figure.

so now destroying the middle class is ok because the plutocrats are making money hand over fist?!!

Just saying that Romney is not a Criminal for it. Everyone is doing it... legally.

Anyway, as was posted, very few business were killed that were not already dead on their feet.

Sounds like an issue for the Congress to potentially correct, not the Presidential Voting Public.

Edited by DieChecker

2. Passed the Stimulus: People seem to forget that this $787 Billion Dollars didn’t just materialize… So let’s see what the TAX PAYER MONEY went to. Let’s see… it didn’t create sustainable jobs… unemployment stayed above 8%... Shoveled millions into companies like Solyndra… who amazingly killed out a few months later…

I believe the Keynesians here on the Forum said that the Stimulus did not work very well, because.... They did not spend Enough!!! I believe several said that the FedGov should have spent TWICE as much to get the economy rolling again. The Future be Damned!!!

4. Ended the War in Iraq: This was done by the U.S. – Iraq Status of Forces Agreement… signed December 14, 2008 By G.W. Bush… It stated that all forces must withdraw from Major Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009 and then from Iraq as a whole by 12 31 2011

I keep pointing this out all over the place. All Obama did here was Not Screw It Up. He simply let what had already been signed actually happen.

• Like 1

...and those were just off the top of your head, right?

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!

I actually wanted to post, "Obama didn't do those... Someone else made those happen".

• Like 1

Too True!

Every single unemployed person that I've know in the last 4 years has said the same thing.... "I'm waiting for my Dream Job". They will not take that McDonalds job till their checks stop showing up.

On many gas stations, department stores and restauraunts you can find a Help Wanted sign, but former white collar employees, or former union, or former government workers will not pump gas, or serve food, or stock shelves, regardless of if it leads to foreclosure or bankruptcy.

• Like 1

One thing that I heard recently was that the number of SSI disability checks being sent out went up 33% more then the tend over the last 50 years under the Obama Administration, resulting in almost 2 million more people on disability then would normally be expected. So quite probably 1% or 2% of the Total unemployed... the Uncounted Unemployed went to SSI Disability when their Benefits expired. And guess what? SSI Disability NEVER runs out!!

So when the Unemployment numbers say 7.8%, part of that is that 1%... 1.5%... whatever went on Disability. So the rate, given historical disability trends... should be at 9.3%. I wonder if the standards or the background checks on those applying for SSI Disability mysteriously have changed since Bush was in office?

FedGov site on Disability statistics

When looking at the tables, keep in mind that the percentages are increases over the last period. And that the number of applications has doubled in the last 12 years. And that most of the increase started in 2008. The increasing number of applications is probably directly related to unemployment increases.

• Like 1

Too True!

Every single unemployed person that I've know in the last 4 years has said the same thing.... "I'm waiting for my Dream Job". They will not take that McDonalds job till their checks stop showing up.

On many gas stations, department stores and restauraunts you can find a Help Wanted sign, but former white collar employees, or former union, or former government workers will not pump gas, or serve food, or stock shelves, regardless of if it leads to foreclosure or bankruptcy.

These people that are waiting for their dream job or once had a union job won't take the jobs that you mentioned

because they feel it's beneath them. My cousin's husband had a union job for 30 years making great pay (and nothing to show for it)

but the factory closed and moved south. So guess what. He went on disability. Nobody wants to suck it up and swallow their pride and

do what they gotta do to make ends meet.

• Like 2

I actually wanted to post, "Obama didn't do those... Someone else made those happen".

I dont' agree with the argument....But that would have been a good post!!

If we can't find at least humor in some of this madness, we're all lost.

Edited by supervike

I believe the Keynesians here on the Forum said that the Stimulus did not work very well, because.... They did not spend Enough!!! I believe several said that the FedGov should have spent TWICE as much to get the economy rolling again.

in fact, that's absolutely true. It worked well but did not have as large an impact because it was not big enough. GDP was raised.

BS. They want a job with their expertise. That's been true for ages. And Mcd jobs don't exist either.

The whole point. You're comparing white collar workers with blue collar workers. For a majority such a switch is not possible. Either way.

One thing that I heard recently was that the number of SSI disability checks being sent out went up 33% more then the tend over the last 50 years under the Obama Administration,

And you realize the reason that would happen is because they don't have access to decent healthcare. When the exchanges start up in 2014, this kind of thing should ameliorate.

in fact, that's absolutely true. It worked well but did not have as large an impact because it was not big enough. GDP was raised.

The absolute insanity of the modern democrat illustrated in ine sentence. Well done.

Edited by Merc14

Since you argue without facts... constantly. Here's one.

effects%2Bof%2BARRA.PNG

How do you get out of debt? Go into deeper debt!!! Yeah man!! :w00t: In the crazy world of liberals $1T doing absolutely nothing means we should have used $2T.

BTW, your graph is absolute crap. I have no idea what it is based on but I bet the data is wort as much as your silly Keynesian argument.

Edited by Merc14

BS. They want a job with their expertise. That's been true for ages. And Mcd jobs don't exist either.

The whole point. You're comparing white collar workers with blue collar workers. For a majority such a switch is not possible. Either way.

And in those two statements lies the whole problem with Unemployment insurance, and the "I can't find a job" excuse. Waiting for that "Qualified" job, waiting on that White Collar job. Because when you're getting free money, there is no reason to hurry, right?