Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Missing Cross (Gone for a Week)

macqdor

Missing Cross (Gone for a Week)

The events of this day will always be remembered because it was the weekend Captain America the Winter Soldier came out. April 2014 - I believe the 1st weekend of.

A month prior to this movie premier my cousin from Dallas came to visit. Elementary school teacher Dallas sub-urb. Devout Christian. She was in the know of our paranormal events and decided to bring with her a wooden-metallic cross. Written on the cross itself were the verses Joshua 1:9, Phil 4:13, Psalm 28:7 and Matt 19:26 summation "Strength."

Cross was prayed over and immediately hung in our bedroom at the time - the 3rd most active place of the house BUT being the place were we slept and layed our head. A cross positioned high upon the wall seemed accurate.

A week or so before the Capt America movie came out the cross went missing. (Keep in mind I'm only referring Capt America because the same weekend it came out is also the same day I was going to see it.) So a week before the cross went missing. And missing objects in our home is not new. Things get taken all the time. Sometimes they return. Sometimes they don't.. The items that do return never get returned in the place they were taken. This cross would be no exception.

We noticed it missing the morning we woke up . Other religious objects had been taken before and with the house being severely active and etc friends, family and clergy all advised us to display our belief system openly as a means of riding the home of negative spirits. I'm a Christian. I wouldn't call myself a devout Christian but a believer non-the-less.

So the cross is gone. Its missing. Girlfriend and myself at this stage gave up the notion of even looking for it after all it was gift from my cousin, a spiritual gift at that, a gift from the heart, no one else lived with us and objects get taken all the time, and items we eagerly search for never come back.

Now its Saturday morning (movie day) and the cross has been gone for a few days and like most typical Saturdays in my house its laundry day. By 11am I'm doing my laundry because in a few hours I'm going to leave and go meet one of my bed friends for drinks and movies. The guys, us geeks if you will are descending into Bellevue WA to watch the Capt American Winter Soldier movie GF doesn't get into stuff like that but I do. us guys do.

I began my first load of laundry - colored clothing. GF, Tina is to and fro around the house doing her own thing. While my clothes is washing I decide to go into my office and watch TV, work on my PC , post in forums like this in search for answers to our Poltergeist problem.

About an hour later I notice something peculiar. My 1st load of clothing is still washing. Now I know there are long wash cycles but this was weird my brain knows how long it takes for my clothes to wash. So I'm in my office and I glance towards the wash room hoping to here the beep beep beep, the noise the washing makes it's done. Clothes don't wash for an hour, esp my clothes, esp a light load of clothing. So I glance at the wash room and sort of look at the time on my PC toolbar and raise an eye brow and after that I mentally shrug it off and keep working. A few minutes later I hear this knocking sound, banging, knocking. You know the sound the washing machine or dryer makes when you have shoes or a big object in it. So I hear this noise and its clearly coming from the washing machine - and once again I glance up from my PC and turn to face the washing machine or wash room I should say. Now in my mind I'm thinking - that sound wasn't there before? All I put in the washing machine was clothing. Coins, chap stick, keys, etc wouldn't make that noise. And even if it did those sounds would have been heard almost immediately. At this point the cycle had run near to over an hour. So why the loud noises now? Now normally I would get up. Walk to the washing machine and open and see what the commotion is about. But something prevented that idea from crossing my mind in that I was either pre-occupied on my PC or pre-occupied watching TV. It was very uncharacteristic of me to not stop what I was doing and investigate. Looking back and reliving the moment, It felt weird for me to not get up and investigate the noise esp with the previous events happening in this house. I acknowledged the noise and length of time it was taking for that load to complete and stayed in my office.

A few minutes later the washing machine finally beeps informing me that the load is complete. Few minutes after the beep I get up and go to the washing machine to remove my clothes from washing machine to the dryer. As I'm pulling out clothes and tossing them into the dryer (few inches away) I immediately grab something solid. Not clothing. Not shoes. Not anything except a metallic-wooden cross. I didn't know what it was until I pulled it out of the washing machine.

There in my hand, wet and etc. Was the missing cross my cousin gave me. Two key points I want to make before I submit this story to you (which is 100% true). Some will say "well maybe the cross was already in there to begin with." Not so. As I mentioned above the bang, knocking noise, the noise we all are familiar with-those who have done laundry-where large objects i.e. shoe, etc are in the machine. The noise would have been heard early on, esp during the spin cycle. The knocking noises I heard began 15 minutes before the washing was complete. When my machine is done it beeps. And also the washing machine was empty when I filled it with my clothing. Some might say well maybe you put the cross in the machine when you loaded it up with clothes. Nope. It was a colored clothing(Machine Wash COLD/WARM). I sorted my clothing carefully meaning items go into the machine almost one by one. A cross this size is not going to be grabbed by mistake.

Someone will also say well maybe your GF put the cross in the machine. My GF was not even near the washing machine. I never left my office. The washroom sits right outside my office. And she wouldn't stop my wash load regardless. I do my laundry and she does hers.

I had to get those particulars out the way because I know how some people like to gravitate to the obvious. And that understandable but allow me to paint the picture near perfect as possible because it even hasn't began to get weird yet. In my hand is the cross my cousin gave me. Its wet and broken (see pic below). I then call my girlfriend and when she comes to the hallway we both examine the cross top to bottom. It had been taken the week before. About 4-5 days prior.

Like I said before this would not be the 1st, 2nd , or 3rd time something like this has happened in my house. Now you see the reason why we're displaying the religious objects is because of the stuff happening before, during, and after this cross went missing. Interesting enough after I glued this cross back together and placed it back in its original spot. It would be taken a few more times. Never re-appeared in the washing machine again though.

The other tricks the Poltergeists did or would do with this same cross I will share later on. This is a forum for sharing Ghost encounters or Paranormal experiences. So I'm sharing.

Below are two pics.

One pic shows the cross as it looks like when hanging in our bedroom. The second pic you see is of the cross after it was taken out of the washing machine. Pic is literally seconds after that event had happened.

The Paranormal Group B.U.M.P.S

and its founder Kyle can attest to the events of this story and others as his team was called soon after

to investigate.

app.box.com/s/lmero13u8x58h27rphc6i3rl8uimj6vy

Pic1

i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/macqdo...140630_180411213.jpg

Pic2

i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm305/macqdo...140524_151512188.jpg

I felt like sharing this. I have my theories to how all of this transpired.

But I'm eager to hear your response and theory before I offer a few of mine.

Summary:

1.) Device had been misplaced into the laundry by error.

2.) Missing device had been found later on in the laundry dryer.

3.) We are not stupid here.

4.) File closed.

5.) Whats next? Missing Sock (Gone for a Week)?

Edited by toast
  • Like 3

Looking through some of your other pics on that photobucket link......Little to far there.

Anyway, have to ask, was this a typo?

I'm going to leave and go meet one of my bed friends for drinks and movies.

Edit : just realized you are the same person playing games on the other thread you made. Strange way to get attention. There are better hobbies out there, really, there are.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 5

This person sure has alot of time to be messing around so close to christmas, must be nice to have time to do this........

• Like 2

The OP hasn't been back for a few days.. Perhaps it would be for the best if we all just let this topic drop unless/until the OP comes back.