Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

"If You're Gay, You're OK", says the Pope.

Arbenol

Make the most of him....He could be the last one.

• Like 2

Maybe the pope should read the bible and acquaint himself with what God has to say about being gay.

What ... nothing at all?

Unless of course you happen to be a Levites (ie the people to whom Leviticus was directed) that is.

• Like 1

What ever the Pope says doesn't change the fact the bible is against it. The Bible holds more authority than anything he says (at least in a Christian's life). Unless if he's trying to convey the idea of not being too harsh towards homosexuals which is very okay.... Love the sinner and hate the sin.

• Like 1

"Man in Dress says it's Okay to be Takei" ...

:rofl: :innocent: You should post that to his FB page. George would love it.

• Like 3

Why should being Gay - NOT be OK? Bigots always need something to justify their Bigotry (not referring to this Pope by the way) , in this case it is the Bible. Jeez!! just live your own life, live it without causing harm on the way, and the world will be a better place.

I actually like this Pope (I am atheist by the way) and what he says has a massive impact on other RC's, not sure how long he will last however because he goes against the Institutionalised Bigotry of the Church.

• Like 7

I hate these types of threads. They exist to present one "sin" as worthy of more comments than others, and therefore the implication that such is somehow "worse" than other types of ways we go against God. Does disagreeing with the way a person lives their life reason enough to "hate" what they do and who they are?

Everybody has friends. And everybody acknowledges that these friends may do things that they personally don't agree with,but they are still friends at the end of the day. We're all human, and well all have our own issues to work through. I can't see why the "you're gay" card is being treated separately as somehow "worse" (or even "different") in Christian circles.

• Like 7

What ever the Pope says doesn't change the fact the bible is against it. The Bible holds more authority than anything he says (at least in a Christian's life). Unless if he's trying to convey the idea of not being too harsh towards homosexuals which is very okay.... Love the sinner and hate the sin.

Who made you the Judge?

Who made you the Judge?

I didn't see what he said as being judgemental. He was merely expressing his opinion.

I hate these types of threads. They exist to present one "sin" as worthy of more comments than others, and therefore the implication that such is somehow "worse" than other types of ways we go against God. Does disagreeing with the way a person lives their life reason enough to "hate" what they do and who they are?

Everybody has friends. And everybody acknowledges that these friends may do things that they personally don't agree with,but they are still friends at the end of the day. We're all human, and well all have our own issues to work through. I can't see why the "you're gay" card is being treated separately as somehow "worse" (or even "different") in Christian circles.

Excellent riposte PA. :tu::clap:

I didn't see what he said as being judgemental. He was merely expressing his opinion.

Sorry, I was replying to Emmisal who appears to believe that his interpretation of the Bible is the correct one and that being Gay is a sin, and the Gay person is the Sinner.

Edited by keithisco

Well said PA, thank you.

Peace

mark

Edited by markdohle
  • Like 1

Maybe the pope should read the bible and acquaint himself with what God has to say about being gay.

He probably did. He probably read Matthew 5 and realized that we are all murderers and adulterers. How is living a gay lifestyle any worse? And if everybody sins grave sins, what right does anybody have to exclude another?

Christ came and died once for all sins.

• Like 4

Is that near the bit about women getting married, if they are found not to be virgins they are to be killed? America would suffer one huge decrease in population if they stuck ridgedly to what the bible says.

• Like 2

Assuming that the 10 commandments are the most important - God's more worried about you coveting your neighbour's large screen TV, than he is with whom you sleep at night.

• Like 7

This Pope is indeed a breath of fresh air. He's going to see a schism though as there are still too many troglodytes in his flock who will walk.

• Like 2

A progressive pope.... End of the world for most diehards.

We will have to see how things evolve; I see the African bishops boycotted his conference. It sure is an improvement over past Popes, but of course he has to walk a fine line.
  • Like 1

One sin is not worse than another, but when gays start roving the streets in gangs and raping men and boys, God puts a stop to it.

It is not any governments place to put an end of homosexuality. It's the churches place to warn and pray about it.

In the last days men will proclaim things that will itch the ears, telling them whatever they want to hear. I read one time, if homosexuality is not a sin, God owes an apology to Sodom and Gamorrah.

I am just stunned and curious where you find that GOD said to stone a woman to death who is not a virgin. Please tell me where that is in the bible. Just because men did it does not mean they were getting those instructions out of God's holy inspired word.

They say it takes all types to make a world, but I think some bigots and deluded types the world would be much better off without. Since when have gay men roved the streets and raped men and boys? That is more than deluded; that is insane.

• Like 5