Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tree Monster Alien report

Mantis914

Since a lot of you here are really excellent at finding things, I thought I would run something past you that I remember reading about years back. I thought that it was in Loren Coleman's, "Curious Encounters" however, I must be mistaken as I've read that one cover to cover and it is not in there. What it is, is an article about a man that was walking in a forest/brushy type area and becomes entangled in a thorny bush. According to the article, the bush/tree suddenly opens two fluorescent, mesmerizing eyes as it's holding him in it's grip. The bush then somehow extracts blood from the man in a syringe-type thorn. After doing this, the bush releases the man and bounds off like a kangaroo. I'm not sure of the man's name however, I thought it was Wetzel however there is another story about a Wetzel that encountered a lizard-type being but he was in a car.

Another strange thing that I had noticed was that I had picked up a copy of Loren Coleman's, "Curious Encounters" and I was sure that there was a couple of pages dedicated to Phantom Clowns however when I looked there was nothing there...

Since a lot of you here are really excellent at finding things, I thought I would run something past you that I remember reading about years back. I thought that it was in Loren Coleman's, "Curious Encounters" however, I must be mistaken as I've read that one cover to cover and it is not in there. What it is, is an article about a man that was walking in a forest/brushy type area and becomes entangled in a thorny bush. According to the article, the bush/tree suddenly opens two fluorescent, mesmerizing eyes as it's holding him in it's grip. The bush then somehow extracts blood from the man in a syringe-type thorn. After doing this, the bush releases the man and bounds off like a kangaroo. I'm not sure of the man's name however, I thought it was Wetzel however there is another story about a Wetzel that encountered a lizard-type being but he was in a car.

Another strange thing that I had noticed was that I had picked up a copy of Loren Coleman's, "Curious Encounters" and I was sure that there was a couple of pages dedicated to Phantom Clowns however when I looked there was nothing there...

Sounds like an entertaining, though entirely fictional tale.

Sounds so completely ridiculous, its believable.

Its every bit as verifiable as Bigfoot, so in a way I guess you are right.

No evidence for this equals no evidence for that any day of the week.

Regardless on whether it's fake or not, what I'm trying to ask is if anyone has read this or come across this article in any book and if so, which book.

Sure it was not in the same book or magazine as the lost picture of the dead Thunder Bird?

I'm beginning to think so. I haven't found anything about it on Google or any other resources and I work in a library. The problem is that when I was younger and even now, I would enjoy a lot of books from Keel, Coleman, Fort, Vallee, etc, so there's no telling which it came from. I remember that it was in a book where it was telling of various accounts of things like this happening and I believe there was an illustration with it. Either that or it's disappeared into another dimension just like my socks in the dryer... :P

Phantom Clowns???? Shudder!!

That sounds scarier that just about any other cryptid I can think of.

Sure it wasn't a leprechaun?

There's such a thing and I know Loren Coleman reported on it. A cluster of sightings and attempted abductions by phantom clowns in vans back in 1981. That does send a shiver down the spine just thinking of it... :P

A big amen to that DieChecker. I loathe clowns.

Sure it wasn't a leprechaun?

I love that illustration of the leprechaun!

no kidding! i hate clowns, phantom or otherwise

There's such a thing and I know Loren Coleman reported on it. A cluster of sightings and attempted abductions by phantom clowns in vans back in 1981. That does send a shiver down the spine just thinking of it... :P

can you link us by chance?

edit to add the link

ahhh here's some info on that

My link

Edited by JGirl

can you link us by chance?

edit to add the link

ahhh here's some info on that

My link

Ha! Apparently, we have threads on this before...

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=165611

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=111161&st=15

This is interesting, the clowns come back in 2008:

http://copycateffect.blogspot.com/2008/10/phantom-clowns-are-back.html

Im kind of confused on why half the people on here just auto-maticly assume that its false.. You sit there and say it impossible or it sounds so fake. But when I think about it, it could be just as true as anything else. Maybe this "creature" only shows itself when it feels the need to do so. Maybe it only needs to feed on blood every year or month.

Any of these factors could be true or false. Because I feel like if this "thing" were to attack me and no one believed me, id be pretty p***ed. xD

• Like 1

Im kind of confused on why half the people on here just auto-maticly assume that its false.. You sit there and say it impossible or it sounds so fake. But when I think about it, it could be just as true as anything else. Maybe this "creature" only shows itself when it feels the need to do so. Maybe it only needs to feed on blood every year or month.

Any of these factors could be true or false. Because I feel like if this "thing" were to attack me and no one believed me, id be pretty p***ed. xD

Well, if anything like this attacks you and you dont happen to have a camera, try clawing at it. DNA from under your fingernails will give you some evidence and credibility. Or grab a handful of hair. That's if you manage to escape lol It would be a 'first' if nothing else.

Perhaps then some of us would start believing in these things. Until then, sorry....they dont exist.

People have been seeing these things, been attacked by them, heard them, smelt them, but as yet no scientific or biological evidence has come forth.

And you say you are kind of confused as to why people dont believe?

There are plenty of people out there. myself included, who would love to think that these things are real. But until there is irrefutable evidence that they exist, I will continue to believe that they dont. :)

The Phantom Clowns are mentioned in Coleman's book Mysterious America, I believe. I don't think any of his books ever covered that vampire bush-thing you described though.

Because thats the most logical conclusion. Why would someone be so gullible?

The main thing that bothered me about this story was the fact that the victim was incapacitated somehow by being mesmerized. How did he remember what happened afterwards? Wouldn't that be kind of like an alien abduction? Seriously, if I was ever attacked and ensnared by a blood sucking bush with eyes that can mesmerize a person, I would think that I would throw out all my plants at home and be traumatized forever by it. At any rate, I still have yet to find any kind of info on it...

Well, if anything like this attacks you and you dont happen to have a camera, try clawing at it. DNA from under your fingernails will give you some evidence and credibility. Or grab a handful of hair. That's if you manage to escape lol It would be a 'first' if nothing else.

Perhaps then some of us would start believing in these things. Until then, sorry....they dont exist.

People have been seeing these things, been attacked by them, heard them, smelt them, but as yet no scientific or biological evidence has come forth.

And you say you are kind of confused as to why people dont believe?

There are plenty of people out there. myself included, who would love to think that these things are real. But until there is irrefutable evidence that they exist, I will continue to believe that they dont. :)

The funny thing is that if you claw it at before it bounds away like a kangaroo all you're going to get is a hand full of leaves. Perhaps if it is a true story, and it was an alien/being/entity disguised as a bush or a type of mobile, vampiric, botanical cryptid, the mind boggles at the origin of such a thing.